Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who were the best OLB's from last year?
[dropshadow=]Jarrod Adkins. Nuff Said.[/dropshadow]
ylsuper1.:
what about robert shurtleff?.......great LB
Southwestern has 2 returning starters at OLB. Josh Smith, 5'10'', 190 lbs. senior with 4.7 speed. He had several 20 tackle games in 2004. He is a RB and played in the shadow of All-everything Lee Renfro...Jordan Walters, 6'0'', 200 lb. junior with 4.7 speed. He is very good pass defender and a furocious tackler. Both made area all- star teams. We at SWHS feel that this year will be a good year defenseively with outstanding LB corps and a D line that is anchored with 2 all-staters...
Robert Shurtleff was definatley a good LB
Where is Jarrod Adkins from?

Stephens and Howard are the best in Eastern Ky.
good choice blackcat. I would put them at the top.
PC had a potentially great OLB in Quirvon Merchant(freshman), Gordon Varney was pretty good at the position when he played it.
Didn't Quirvon play cornerback hurley???
He did earlier in the season, but then he was moved to OLB and MLB
blackcat Wrote:Where is Jarrod Adkins from?

Stephens and Howard are the best in Eastern Ky.

ERHS
IMO there isn't anyone from ER that compares to anyone from P-burg, maybe Paul Deese.
Paul Deese?....umm...hes no where near a trevor compton....lol
that is if your talking about the QB position.
SuperMario Wrote:Paul Deese?....umm...hes no where near a trevor compton....lol
that is if your talking about the QB position.

I know that, I really just meant athletically.
Quirvont is too small.......needs to get stronger......
What is everyones fascination with Paul Deese? he was not a good player, unsportsmanlike, a drug addict and just downright not a good person. I would know this, because i played last season wiht him. You all can think what you want to about him, but i knew him for who he really was. a dopehead.

Trevor Compton? i aint seen him since.... First Grade. yes, i was once a Blackcat. I didnt know he played.
I was really never impressed with Paul. He was pretty good at scrambling in the pocket but thats about it.
If you played for ER last season im sure you know who Compton is, he started QB for P-burg.

Deese was the best player that ER had last year.
Actually the swag Jarrod Adkins was 1 of our other inside linebackers not an olb the title of your thread. I know this cause he played right beside of me. This is why you was watching from the bench you dont know which position is which lol jk.
Please quit bringing Paul Deese's personal life into every post that is made about him.
seriously...good post 4leaf...what he does outside football practice doesnt change the fact that he was the best player for ER when he played...
No kiddin', good job 4leaf.
Did i ever say he wasnt our best player or he wasnt a good player at all. No but Paul hurt us more than he helped us. When his personal life interfers with how the whole team performs it is worthy of mentioning. When it is affecting the play he calls, the lifes of other players is affected and we didnt have half the team bc of him then it still pertains to football. The guy ran off 4 senior starters and 1 junior starter. essential element if you would have played last year you wouldnt think the same way. Id like for you to brag about paul to one of the seniors that had to miss their final year of football I'd bet they would make you change your mind. Besides I hadnt even mentioned Paul in this thread. I was just joking around with one of my friends.
Well i know that Robert Shurtleff was a very talented LB last season but i remember seeing a couple of P-burgs games on tv and there was a very good LB on that team, not sure of his name tho
Mlb, that post was directed toward you. But I've noticed that every football thread that I have went into that mentioned Deese, his personal life has been brought up. His personal life has nothing to do with how good of a qb he is, how he scrambles from the pocket, or even how cocky he is.
mlb33 Wrote:Did i ever say he wasnt our best player or he wasnt a good player at all. No but Paul hurt us more than he helped us. When his personal life interfers with how the whole team performs it is worthy of mentioning. When it is affecting the play he calls, the lifes of other players is affected and we didnt have half the team bc of him then it still pertains to football. The guy ran off 4 senior starters and 1 junior starter. essential element if you would have played last year you wouldnt think the same way. Id like for you to brag about paul to one of the seniors that had to miss their final year of football I'd bet they would make you change your mind. Besides I hadnt even mentioned Paul in this thread. I was just joking around with one of my friends.
Sounds to me like your Head Coach was not doing his job either. A situation like that should have been taken care of for the TEAM...
Billy Hicks and Jeremy Carr from pburg
Jeremy Carr wasnt a outside linebacker he played middle linebacker and john mark stephens played the other outside lb