Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Tennis Prospect
Burke Garner from Prestonsburg High School has reportedly received scholarship offers from UK, Georgia, and Florida. Rumor has it he is leaning towards Hawaii. Showing off some tennis talent here in the mountains.
Where is this kid from, is he new? How long has he been playing the game?
FOSHIZZLE Wrote:Where is this kid from, is he new? How long has he been playing the game?

The post above you says he's from Prestonsburg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How long has he been playing? I have never heard of his name before.
Me either, I have no info on him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Never heard of the kid. He didn't play for them last year! If he is being recruited by UK then he definately isn't from Eastern Kentucky!
Yeah that was his name; at Shelby Valley we were talking about him the other day. Is he really ALL THAT?
Did he play last year? Someone give us more information about this kid.
I believe this is all a joke. I've seen P-Burg play already this year, and they didn't have any outstanding players like everyone is talking about. I have also done some research on the internet, and have not found this name anywhere in the USTA rankings. There is no way UK or any other school of that caliber would look at a kid that doesn't play USTA tennis and at least have a national ranking. Sorry guys, this is all a joke.
FOSHIZZLE Wrote:I believe this is all a joke. I've seen P-Burg play already this year, and they didn't have any outstanding players like everyone is talking about. I have also done some research on the internet, and have not found this name no where in the USTA rankings. There is no way UK or any other school of that caliber would look at a kid that doesn't play USTA tennis and atleast have a national ranking. Sorry guys, this is all a joke.

guys this is not a joke... he is for real and a D-1 prospect for tennis.

I am on his team so believe me!
phsblackcats Wrote:guys this is not a joke... he is for real and a D-1 prospect for tennis.

Well how bout giving us some information on him then, besides just "believe me hes D-1?"
Ok, does this kid have a state ranking within the United States Tennis Association? If he is a D-1 prospect, then what is his national ranking in the USTA? Give us some information.
phsblackcats Wrote:guys this is not a joke... he is for real and a D-1 prospect for tennis.

:lmao: LMAO!

Paintsville boys swept P-burg last week at least through the first 8 seeds and all doubles matches, but for one match and should have won it. And I guarantee you that Paintsville doesn't have anyone even close to a D-1 that UK would even look at on their team! This is either a joke OR someone knows nothing about tennis talent!
I think someone may be filling his teammate with a load of B.S.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle, very well put. Whoever is spreading this rumor obviously doesn't know what a D-1 prospect plays like. There has been a select few in our area that has had the opportunity to go on and play D-1 tennis, and fewer than that has actually played at a big time university in the United States. If this person actually exists, then congradulations, but if he don't then quit running up his name. It will only embarass the kid when someone sees him play, especially when they are expecting to see a D-1 prospect, and he is just the average player playing for a little fun.
If this person exists, I don't see how they lose a match to Paintsville. And the other thing is, when Paintsville swept Prestonsburg, someone would have surely known about this D-1 prospect on their team. I played high school tennis and if a team had a good player, we picked our best player and made him aware of just who and what he was going up against.

When this guy can show us some proof....a picture.....website.....anything, I might believe there is some truth to what he is saying.

Oh, and Pikeville College, Alice LLoyd, or Georegtown may have tennis teams but they certainly aren't D-1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Exactly ComfortEagle.
Paintsville didn't sweep Prestonsburg. Prestonsburg's third seed came back from a two game deficit and won. So yes Paintsville won, but they were not swept.
Okay, my bad. Prestonsburg just got their asses kicked, not swept.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That solid three seed layed the ass kicking, hehe. Btw, Burke Garner is the real deal in tennis, trust me.
Smile BCC, you have gotta be kidding us??? At least I hope so! :confused:
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:That solid three seed layed the ass kicking, hehe. Btw, Burke Garner is the real deal in tennis, trust me.

If Burke Garner is the real deal then why didn't he win his match?

The thread said that he went to Prestonsburg.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just keep looking out for him.
It's going to be hard for me to look out for him since I'm in Richmond.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Okay...stay in Richmond, you'll see him in about a year at UK, if thats the offer he takes.
Yeah, sure...will do.

Say, EKY Sportster....did you hear of any Burke Garner at the Paintsville/P-burg match?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I travel the South watching tennis and have for many years!!!

I watch some of the best players in the country on a regular basis.

I look for players like Garner.

I have not heard of Garner nor have any other talent scouts.

UK nor Florida have not heard of him either.

I have not talked to the Georgia Coach as of yet.

Coach Nelson at Hawaii has not offered him anything either!!

I have not watched Prestonsburg play this year, but I will.

Has he talked to West Virginia University???

Maybe he should!!!
Sounds to me like he doesn't exist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Sounds to me like he doesn't exist.

He defenitely does exist i am on his team at Pburg high. My name is Jackson Osborne and he really does exist and keeps on beating the shit out of everyone in practice lol but he really does exist guys so come watch him if you want to see some talent in the burg.

FYI Prestonsburg practices mondays.tuesdays,and thursdays at archer park from 4:30 to 6:30 if anyone in the area wants to watch. tootles!
phsblackcats Wrote:He defenitely does exist i am on his team at Pburg high. My name is Jackson Osborne and he really does exist and keeps on beating the shit out of everyone in practice lol but he really does exist guys so come watch him if you want to see some talent in the burg.

FYI Prestonsburg practices mondays.tuesdays,and thursdays at archer park from 4:30 to 6:30 if anyone in the area wants to watch. tootles!

Did he play at the Paintsville match? If so, why didn't he win? The only one that won a match from P-burg was a three seed, and if he's the next Jesus of tennis, then surely he's not a three seed on the team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]