Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK has offered package to Donovan
Baseballfan18 Wrote:i would rather have Patino..if he were to apologize

I ABSOLUTELY do not want Pitino back! He had his reign as king of Camelot, and gave up the throne willingly. Time for some new blood!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would love for Billy Donovan to come to UK.. But I just don't think he is.. I think the reason he is keeping the door open and not dismissing that he wouldn't take the job to the press, is to milk more money from Florida.. Word has it in Huntington, that Billy is staying, at least thats what he has told Patterson.. If he says upfront to the press that hes staying, Florida won't have to counter with more money.. Ole' Billy is quite clever..
mrfootball03 Wrote:I would love for Billy Donovan to come to UK.. But I just don't think he is.. I think the reason he is keeping the door open and not dismissing that he wouldn't take the job to the press, is to milk more money from Florida.. Word has it in Huntington, that Billy is staying, at least thats what he has told Patterson.. If he says upfront to the press that hes staying, Florida won't have to counter with more money.. Ole' Billy is quite clever..

Why wouldn't Patterson already commit to Florida if Billy D. already told him he was staying?

Money matters somewhat to Donovan but it's not all that matters. A lot more than money comes into play in this. Donovan knows he would be #1 in Kentucky whereas in Florida he is #2 at all times. Their basketball team in in the Final Four and on the front of their rivals page is nothing but football until late tonight when the finally put something up about the basketball team.

His arena only sold out 8 times this season. More people are on TCP at certain times than their arena will even fit.

Donovan is quite clever, and he knows what his legacy could be at UK compared to that of Florida.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Because Duke is still quite highly in the mix, especially since McRoberts entering the NBA Draft... Patterson and Coach K stay in close contact, according to Patterson's mom, he calls or texts everyday.. Donovan is trying to gain the trust of Patterson by letting him know the situation, and maybe draw him to come.. and Patterson has already said he will be making his decision the 2nd week of April.. Weither KY has picked someone or not.. I think the only thing he is waiting on is to make sure hes not intrested in the new KY coach..

alfus21 Wrote:Why wouldn't Patterson already commit to Florida if Billy D. already told him he was staying?

Money matters somewhat to Donovan but it's not all that matters. A lot more than money comes into play in this. Donovan knows he would be #1 in Kentucky whereas in Florida he is #2 at all times. Their basketball team in in the Final Four and on the front of their rivals page is nothing but football until late tonight when the finally put something up about the basketball team.

His arena only sold out 8 times this season. More people are on TCP at certain times than their arena will even fit.

Donovan is quite clever, and he knows what his legacy could be at UK compared to that of Florida.
I hope Donovan comes to UK, I would love to see him coaching at Rupp next year
alfus21 Wrote:Why wouldn't Patterson already commit to Florida if Billy D. already told him he was staying?

Great post. You are exactly right Alfus.
Patterson's mom is just another loud mouth parent who wants to get into the lime-light hoping to make her debut in a Campbell's Soup commercial.
Take It Billy
bingo...I wish the guy would sign with somebody for cryin out loud, Im getting sick of reading the crap he says in the papers..
GRIZZ Wrote:Patterson's mom is just another loud mouth parent who wants to get into the lime-light hoping to make her debut in a Campbell's Soup commercial.
please come home billy.
this patterson kid has ALL the makings of the next dennis rodman ....hmmmm do we need that at kentucky??? his mom is a true loud mouth ..i think that will hurt him in the long run at any school...
rallo316 Wrote:please come home billy.
You know he's not from here right?
rallo316 Wrote:please come home billy.

Evidently rallo316 hopes Donovan will be the next coach at LIU-C.W. Post, or possibly Molloy College in Donovan's hometown on Long Island. Smile
Has anyone noticed that Billy Donovan hasn't said "KENTUCKY" or "MITCH BARNHARDT" in anyone of his interviews about the subject?