Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Season Opener is Decided
September 10th, Monday Night home game against the Ravens...... how huge is that? The NFL doesn't schedule you for Monday Night season openers unless they know you're going to be a top team in the league this season.

I'm so emotional right now......... this is unreal
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Great news...wonder what Chad Johnson will do for the occasion?
there were two monday night games on the opening monday night last year.

minnesota vs washington and san diego vs OAKLAND. i doubt they tought that minnesota would be real good and i know they knew the raiders would suck
BFritz Wrote:September 10th, Monday Night home game against the Ravens...... how huge is that? The NFL doesn't schedule you for Monday Night season openers unless they know you're going to be a top team in the league this season.

I'm so emotional right now......... this is unreal
You just need to take a midol and a warm bath Fritz it will pass in about five days.We will continue this when my steelers smack your bengals right in the mouth..We owe you!!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:You just need to take a midol and a warm bath Fritz it will pass in about five days.We will continue this when my steelers smack your bengals right in the mouth..We owe you!!!

More like I need to take a cold bath........Wink .......... If I recall right it's us who owes you for keeping us out of the playoffs.

Should be amazing, I hope that a lot of you go and come say hi at pre-game tailgates!!
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
bizmark Wrote:there were two monday night games on the opening monday night last year.

minnesota vs washington and san diego vs OAKLAND. i doubt they tought that minnesota would be real good and i know they knew the raiders would suck
Comparing Apples and Oranges because you know that the Ravens won the AFC North last year so they know they'd be good and the Bengals barely missed the playoffs and will only get better by drafting a defense.
BFritz Wrote:Comparing Apples and Oranges because you know that the Ravens won the AFC North last year so they know they'd be good and the Bengals barely missed the playoffs and will only get better by drafting a defense.

not apples and ornages. im sayin if they put two top teams (or who they think will be top teams) on monday night why would oakland, minnesota or even washington who underachieves every year be on the opening monday night game? hell man, the chargers missed the playoffs in 05 and they were playin. the nfl just know that division rivals usually make pretty good games so thyere hopin for a good 1st mnf. this means nothing. well find out what they got on down the road in week 15 or 16. but hers some good news, you all dont have to get beat by the broncos. as for your steelers osd, soory bout your luck.
BFritz Wrote:I'm so emotional right now......... this is unreal

:thatsfunn I'm sorry Fritz but that was pretty funny Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
no doubt
bizmark Wrote:not apples and ornages. im sayin if they put two top teams (or who they think will be top teams) on monday night why would oakland, minnesota or even washington who underachieves every year be on the opening monday night game? hell man, the chargers missed the playoffs in 05 and they were playin. the nfl just know that division rivals usually make pretty good games so thyere hopin for a good 1st mnf. this means nothing. well find out what they got on down the road in week 15 or 16. but hers some good news, you all dont have to get beat by the broncos. as for your steelers osd, soory bout your luck.
Pal I got me five rings,,and we had all kinds of bad luck last year or we might have just stunk up the field,,no excuses from OSD.
Old school Dawg Wrote:Pal I got me five rings,,and we had all kinds of bad luck last year or we might have just stunk up the field,,no excuses from OSD.

well we got a third comin this year. all my buddys ride me cause i say that every year but you just wait and see, jay cutler is gonna come alive in 07!!! but hey lets save it til we meet on the field.

GO DENVER!!!!!!!!!
jammin' jamey Wrote:Great news...wonder what Chad Johnson will do for the occasion?

lay an egg on that baltimore secondary. j/k should be a really good match up. hopefully ed reed will pick off 2 or 3 tho.
That's pretty cool, I guess...

I still hope we get a Sunday night game this year, since that's supposed to be the marquee matchup of the week.

GO BENGALS!!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
not as cool as uncho-sinco. hear hes gonna have a re mullet this year lol
bizmark Wrote:not as cool as uncho-sinco. hear hes gonna have a re mullet this year lol

Huh?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I believe that the other Monday Nighter will be the Cardinals and 49ers
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:I believe that the other Monday Nighter will be the Cardinals and 49ers

see fritz, those two probly aint super bosl contenders. divisonal game!!!
More Cowbell Wrote:Huh?

he had a blonde mohawk at the begining of last year
bizmark Wrote:see fritz, those two probly aint super bosl contenders. divisonal game!!!

But are those for sure the teams in the other game, or is he just guessing?
BFritz Wrote:But are those for sure the teams in the other game, or is he just guessing?

It's positively those teams. Saw it later that night on SportsCenter. They said they were trying to draw a West Coast Crowd because of the 10:15 start time.

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Everyone knows im not a Bengals fan, but i do think they will be a playoff team this year, But i dont think they done this game because these two teams are going to be at the top because i think the Ravens will slip this year, but i think the main reason these two are playing is because they are the top teams in there conference.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:Everyone knows im not a Bengals fan, but i do think they will be a playoff team this year, But i dont think they done this game because these two teams are going to be at the top because i think the Ravens will slip this year, but i think the main reason these two are playing is because they are the top teams in there conference.

Top teams in their conference: there's only two conferences, so being a top team in the conference does make them at the top, especially since the NFC barely ever wins Super Bowls anymore.
This will be a good game....
braves_fan_10 Wrote:but i think the main reason these two are playing is because they are the top teams in there conference.

So these two are better than Denver, San Diego, New England, Indy, Kansas City, Tennessee and Jacksonville?

No I don't see that. They should possibly be the top two in the north, but not the entire AFC by any means what so ever.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I believe that the other Monday Nighter will be the Cardinals and 49ers

I thought they only put top teams on the opening Monday night game? Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I thought they only put top teams on the opening Monday night game? Smile

haha not quite

I'm a Minnesota fan and we played Washington last year for the opening on Monday Night. The Raiders played San Diego in the 2nd game. Only 1 legitimate playoff team from that bunch.

alfus21 Wrote:I thought they only put top teams on the opening Monday night game? Smile

not util about week 8 or 9. at that time mnf is aloud to switch its game with another game that will mean more to say somebody gettin knocked out of the playoffs or somethin.
bizmark Wrote:not util about week 8 or 9. at that time mnf is aloud to switch its game with another game that will mean more to say somebody gettin knocked out of the playoffs or somethin.

That's not for MNF that's for the Sunday Night Game.

im pretty sure its monday night
Ratbirds.....I mean Ravens defense getting old.

Early prediction : Bengals 24 Ratbirds 13