Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your top 5 "All-Time" favorite college basketball players?
Who would your starting lineup be if you had a choice of 5 All Time players at the college level??

Mine:

G-Pete Marovich-LSU
G-Greg Anthony-UNLV
F-Charles Barkley-Auburn
F-Kevin Durrant-Texas
C-Shaq-LSU
1. F - Tayshaun Prince
2. G - JJ Reddick (even though he had no Success in the NBA rings)
3. G- Chris Paul
4. F/C - Tim Duncan
5. F - Kevin Durant

6th Man
G- Cameron Mills (All Around Guy) Plus what he did hitting clutch 3 pointers to help bring home a Championship.
[quote=Belfry44]2. G - JJ Reddick (even though he had no Success in the NBA rings)quote]

hes only a rookie, dude.
Larry Bird,,Bill Walton,,,Lew Alcindor,,,,Kevin Grevey,,,Pete Marovich
C- Jamaal Magliore
F- Tayshaun Prince
F- Jamal Mashburn
G- Pete Maravich
G- Cliff Hawkins

I know 4 of the players are UK players, but it says this is about your favorite college players of all time, not best, just favorite. Well these are my favorites. I loved to watch them all play. I wasnt born yet when Pete played but I have seen highlights and I love the way he played. Cliff Hawkins had more heart and determination than I have seen in alot of players and even though he battled asthma, he still gave it everything he had in every game. Mashburn is probably my second favorite UK player of all time behind Prince, just something about those guys that I like alot. Magliore was a banger and didnt take any crap from anyone on opposing teams. Something UK has lacked since he played.
Sportsfan thats right pal it says YOUR favorite players.
SportsFan80 Wrote:C- Jamaal Magliore
F- Tayshaun Prince
F- Jamal Mashburn
G- Pete Maravich
G- Cliff Hawkins

I know 4 of the players are UK players, but it says this is about your favorite college players of all time, not best, just favorite. Well these are my favorites. I loved to watch them all play. I wasnt born yet when Pete played but I have seen highlights and I love the way he played. Cliff Hawkins had more heart and determination than I have seen in alot of players and even though he battled asthma, he still gave it everything he had in every game. Mashburn is probably my second favorite UK player of all time behind Prince, just something about those guys that I like alot. Magliore was a banger and didnt take any crap from anyone on opposing teams. Something UK has lacked since he played.
Hey man favorite or not, thats a hell of a team right there solid at every position and all but Hawkins was a lottery pick.
I'll take Jokim Noah-Flordia as my 6th man. Like him or not that boy can flat out play.
He plays hard all the time.I dont care how many points morris scored You never knew when he was going to show up and play hard.Most Ky fans want a complete change and Im for getting a big man that plays hard all the time.Does anyone else see it that way.I know Morris played harder in the end but I seen that boy get a double double and barely break a sweat.
Moe Wrote:Hey man favorite or not, thats a hell of a team right there solid at every position and all but Hawkins was a lottery pick.
Pretty good team that would get killed by my walton alcindor led team,,hehe:rockon:
players that i enjoied watchin..... in no order

Jeff Shepard
Scott Padgent
Wayne Turner
Tony Delk
Chris Lofton
Old school Dawg Wrote:Pretty good team that would get killed by my walton alcindor led team,,hehe:rockon:
lol

I like my teams chances but your team would be awfully tough.:redboxer:

Here would be the matchups with yours:

G-Mariovich---Marovich
(I guess thats pretty even...lol)
G-Greg Anthony---Kevin Grevey
(Personally I'd take Anthony, but take your pick)
F-Kevin Durant--Larry Bird
(I'll give you Bird, but Durant is a more dominant College player)
F-Charles Barkley-Bill Walton
(Sir Charles had more Skill, but Walton has about 6 inches on Barkley)
C-Shaq--Lew Alcindor
(Two of the most dominate centers of all time, Finess vs. pure strength)
1. tayshaun prince
2. chuck hayes
3. jeff sheppard
4. antoine walker
5. adam morrison
bizmark Wrote:1. tayshaun prince
2. chuck hayes
3. jeff sheppard
4. antoine walker
5. adam morrison

Adam Morrison would be the Star on this team, what a Duo with Morrison along with Prince. Remember when prince is on he could carry any team on his back. Hayes would get the garbage buckets and carry this team on his back. Shepp would play D and provide the athleticism. And Antoine Walker in his College prime was a good as they came...JMO.

I like this team, if only we could have really had Morrison in the blue and white of KY.:thumpsup:
Kyle Macy- The Iceman.
Rex Chapman-Ky's 1st 3pt shot king.
Jamal Mashburn- Perfect player.
Walter McCarty- Big fast aggressive.
Jamaal Magloire- This guy would knock your head off if you tried to drive the lane on him.
I agre devil KING REX was the best to me. Loved watching chris jackson at LSU, Prince at UK, ANd as bad i hate to say it Hurley from Duke was always over matched but was gritty and gutty each time out!!!
G- Raymond Felton
G- Rashad McCants
F- Vince Carter
F- Tyler Hansborough
C- Brandon Wright

What can I say??? I love them Tar Heels.

despite the loss to Georgetown!Smile
Old school Dawg Wrote:Pretty good team that would get killed by my walton alcindor led team,,hehe:rockon:

pistol pete will have a real hard time playin for both teamsTongueirateSho
Hafner_Fan Wrote:What can I say??? I love them Tar Heels.

sorry man
I enjoyed watching Derek Anderson when he played at UK.

Here is my list:

1. Vince Carter
2. Derek Anderson
3. Chris Paul
4. Dwayne Wade
5. Tony Delk
Favorite being the keyword here.
1. Travis Ford
2. John Pelphrey
3. Rex Chapmen
4. Jamal Mashburn
5. Scott Padgent
calQlate Wrote:Favorite being the keyword here.
1. Travis Ford
2. John Pelphrey
3. Rex Chapmen
4. Jamal Mashburn
5. Scott Padgent

By Bench would be.Big Grin
1. Richie Farmer 6. Mark Pope
2. Wayne Turner
3. Tayshaun Prince
4. Jeff Sheppard
5. Tony Delk
J.j Redick
Sean Woods
Jamal Mashburn
Larry Bird
Calbert Chaney
Here are my favorite college players I loved to watch and why. It doesn't necessarily mean they were the best---I just loved watchin them.

1. Larry Bird----the hick from French Lick could shoot---and carried that Ind. St. team on his back.
2. Pelphrey, Farmer, Woods, and Feldhsas---the Unforgettables---played so well together I think of them as one----not the most talented bunch---but God they gave the effort
3. WALTER! ----that skinny McCarty kid---I will always remember that dagger 3 against LSU when we were coming back from 31 down!
4. Jeff Brassow ---the tip in at the buzzer in Maui---and the cowlicks---voted worst hair in UK history
5. Kyle Macy---Mr. Cool---wish we had someone know who could make FTs like that
5. Magic Johnson-Michigan State
4. Lew Alcindor- UCLA
3. Oscar Robertson- Cincinnati
2. Pete Maravich- LSU
1. Bill Walton- UCLA
1.J.J Redick-Duke
2. Prince- Ky
3.Christian Laitner (spelling) -duke
4.Shaq-LSU
5.Dwayne Wade
Please God No! Any but Laitner---the nightmare! I can still see that %$^*ing shot in my mind! JK! Anyway did you see the editorial cartoon--believe it was in the Sunday Herald Leader. It had a UK fan in front of the tube as the new coach of UK (Christian Laitner) was announced. It was cute---I have to admit.
NYY10 Wrote:3.Christian Laitner (spelling) -duke

You should be banished from this website in disgrace for invoking that name on this message board.
Off With His Head!!!!!
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Please God No! Any but Laitner---the nightmare! I can still see that %$^*ing shot in my mind! JK! Anyway did you see the editorial cartoon--believe it was in the Sunday Herald Leader. It had a UK fan in front of the tube as the new coach of UK (Christian Laitner) was announced. It was cute---I have to admit.

No. I'll have to check that out lol..