Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019-22 Draft Alignment
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Johnson Central to......
Clay County - 102 miles.
Harlan County - 110 miles.
Letcher County Central - 79 miles.
Perry County Central - 62 miles.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1519258019]

The best part about this (for me, anyways) is I get to bust Granny Bear's chops, cause we are district opponents. #NoMercyForGrannyBear

If JC moved up to 5A what would the distances to opponents look like.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:CLASS 5A (39 SCHOOLS)

* District One – Graves County, Grayson County, Muhlenberg County (down from 6A), Ohio County (down from 6A), Owensboro.

* District Two – Bowling Green, Christian County, Greenwood, South Warren.

* District Three – Bullitt Central, Doss, Fairdale, Iroquois, Western (up from 4A).

* District Four – Atherton, Jeffersontown (down from 6A), North Bullitt, Seneca (down from 6A), South Oldham.

* District Five – Boone County (down from 6A), Conner (down from 6A), Cooper (down from 6A), Covington Catholic, Highlands.

* District Six – Frederick Douglass (down from 6A), Grant County, Great Crossing, Montgomery County, Scott County (down from 6A).

* District Seven – Collins (up from 4A), East Jessamine (up from 4A), Madison Southern, West Jessamine (up from 4A), Woodford County.

* District Eight – North Laurel, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern, Whitley County

Dont get me wrong, highlands has sucked for years now, but it is absoloutly atrocious that the khsaa and public schools allow them to do whatever in the hell they feel like doing. This is a school wit 3A or low 4A numbers and could be placed in several short districts.
It is absurd.

MAKE EVERYBODY PLAY IN THE CLASS THEYRE SUPPOSED TO. FLIP JOHNSON CENTRAL AND HIGHLANDS.

As for region 4, which is district 7 and 8, they will get absoloutly slaughtered in the semis every year. No doubt about it unless they get lucky every once in a while. District 6 will be tough.

It has only been two years. And they have "sucked" by Highlands standards. I believe a lot of schools would have been very happy with the seasons they had the last two years. It was well documented that these were going to be down years, but go ahead and kick a dog while it is down.
More Cowbell Wrote:Fixed it for you. :biggrin:

Not to say Beechwood doesn't have a pretty clear path as well, because they do. But NCC will not even break a sweat until the finals.

The first thing I though was NCC has a cake walk to the championship.
Johnson Central should have played in 5A. Period. But they'll get severely tested in 4A without question (just as Highlands would).
FoSho Wrote:Johnson Central should have played in 5A. Period. But they'll get severely tested in 4A without question (just as Highlands would).

So your team Boyle County chose to play up in 4A but that’s okay with you. Johnson Central had the opportunity to stay in 4A instead of moving to 5A but you think that’s wrong?
Seky Wrote:It's under the article headline about Louisville central going to 4A. It's towards the bottom. He isn't crazy, it's just hard to find.

I finally found it, thanks for telling me where it was at.
Coach Booth Wrote:So your team Boyle County chose to play up in 4A but that’s okay with you. Johnson Central had the opportunity to stay in 4A instead of moving to 5A but you think that’s wrong?

I couldn't care less.
sstack Wrote:The first thing I though was NCC has a cake walk to the championship.
Newport Central Cath will still have to go thru, at a minimum, Louisville Holy Cross and or Russellville to get to the finals. Don’t engrave their name on that side of the bracket just yet. If they’re in the West, that is. If they’re in the East (I can never remember who plays where anymore), they still have Hazard, Pikeville, Paintsville, Raceland, etc to deal with.
New alignment has worked great for the rebuilding of a once competitive program. Things could get better, 1st, super that thought he knew something about sports is gone. 2nd, out of the toughest district in 2A. We can try to rebuild and be competitive again. Now, a change in coaching. We can get a top notch coach. Many of you used the excuse that no one wanted it because of what district we were in. Well, now we can go get a very good coach and complete the things that have to happen to get this program back. Look at the basketball program and what a good coach can do for a program.
Well after looking at where everybody has moved to Haywood will probably stay at least 5 more years
His job went from stressful to therapeutic.
The east I truly believes holds almost all the power in Single A now, Newport Central Catholic has not been able to compete with Beechwood for the last few years.

Beechwood has little to no competition getting to the championship game in the East side of 2A.

Three A, I really believe they just made it easier for Belfry across the state.

Four A, they tried their best to Tiger Proof the east to keep Johnson Central from cake walking there the next two years. The west is, in my opinion, a Louisville Central yellow brick road.

5A just set up Cov. Cath/Highland vs. Bowling Green/South Warren final every year.

6A... Trinity, St X on different sides... you know the rest.
Wasn’t NewCath in the 2A finals two years ago? They’re still a good ball team