Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Last Time...Pitino...
will not be the next coach at UK...

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/26521.html

Pitino said Monday that while he enjoyed his eight years with the Wildcats, he's happy coaching Louisville and wouldn't consider returning to the school he led to the national championship in 1996.
jammin' jamey Wrote:will not be the next coach at UK...

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/26521.html

Pitino said Monday that while he enjoyed his eight years with the Wildcats, he's happy coaching Louisville and wouldn't consider returning to the school he led to the national championship in 1996.
Thank God
he also said he would not leave Kentucky for 30 million dollars.
rallo316 Wrote:he also said he would not leave Kentucky for 30 million dollars.

He's not coming back. He's not even going to entertain the idea of coming back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No surprise here.

I am starting to believe Donovan's refusal to answer questions about going to UK are a major sign of one of two things.

1. He is/will consider the job at UK
2. If Florida loses in the tournament, he doesn't want people saying his focus was elsewhere.

We'll know the answer in about a week.
I don't want him back.......

<--------------------- Here's the man I want as the next leader of the Wildcat Nation !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:No surprise here.

I am starting to believe Donovan's refusal to answer questions about going to UK are a major sign of one of two things.

2. If Florida loses in the tournament, he doesn't want people saying his focus was elsewhere.

He's crazy if he doesn't consider the job. I'm at the point where I think Billy D. has a $$$ figure and knows either UK/FLA will match each others' offer and the decision may come down to whether or not he wants to play second fiddle to Urban Meyer and second rate facilities in Florida or come and live out a legacy in Lexington.

Basketball is king in Kentucky, not in Florida.
jammin' jamey Wrote:He's crazy if he doesn't consider the job. I'm at the point where I think Billy D. has a $$$ figure and knows either UK/FLA will match each others' offer and the decision may come down to whether or not he wants to play second fiddle to Urban Meyer and second rate facilities in Florida or come and live out a legacy in Lexington.

Basketball is king in Kentucky, not in Florida.

Right, but I do recall seeing an article where Florida's AD was saying they would match any offer to keep Donovan there.

I don't doubt that they can match UK, but you're right, no matter what they pay him, football is still more important there.
I think only Donavan will satisfy the big blue nation
Great point Jammin Jamie. I have been saying this for a week now.
Pitino's years were lived out at UK. It's time for someone new. Bring on Donovan!

Belfrypride I love your quote at the bottom " Billy Donovan...Your Florida Gators have just captured your 2nd NCAA Title...Where are you going ???

"I'm going to Kentucky !!!"
Why would he want to return? Edgar Sosa and Caracter are going to be studs next year. Why would you walk away from two young players that can carry a team like they can.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Right, but I do recall seeing an article where Florida's AD was saying they would match any offer to keep Donovan there.

I don't doubt that they can match UK, but you're right, no matter what they pay him, football is still more important there.
Money will not be the deciding factor for Donovan.
He can name his price either place.
jammin' jamey Wrote:He's crazy if he doesn't consider the job. I'm at the point where I think Billy D. has a $$$ figure and knows either UK/FLA will match each others' offer and the decision may come down to whether or not he wants to play second fiddle to Urban Meyer and second rate facilities in Florida or come and live out a legacy in Lexington.

Oh, you're right. He should come to Kentucky and play third fiddle behind Pitino (second fiddle) and Adolph Rupp's ghost.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Oh, you're right. He should come to Kentucky and play third fiddle behind Pitino (second fiddle) and Adolph Rupp's ghost.
Pitino was never second fiddle to the ghost of Rupp when he was here, Why do you think Billy D would be 2nd or 3rd fiddle to either?

Tom, you are starting to sound a little desperate or anxious that Florida may be losing their savior, Who, no matter what you say will ALWAYS be 2nd fiddle to Gator football.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Oh, you're right. He should come to Kentucky and play third fiddle behind Pitino (second fiddle) and Adolph Rupp's ghost.

If you think that Donovan's arrvial as the new coach at Kentucky would not rival the second coming of Christ then you know something I don't and I surrender. :Clap:
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Pitino was never second fiddle to the ghost of Rupp when he was here, Why do you think Billy D would be 2nd or 3rd fiddle to either?

What's the name of the home arena again? Who's coaching an hour away and is fondly thought of by most UK fans?
TomSportsHack Wrote:What's the name of the home arena again? Who's coaching an hour away and is fondly thought of by most UK fans?

What if Donovan fails when (if) hired at UK in the face of possible Louisville success with Pitino? That would be interesting because I don't think fans of UK would turn on Donovan as quickly as they failed to accept Tubby in the first place.

I don't think the thought of failure or losing to his mentor is gonna scare Donovan off from coming to Kentucky. That's wishful, smug feeling Florida fan thinking.
ComfortEagle Wrote:No surprise here.

I agree 100% CE. Hes crazy if he stays.

You don't realize that many of us are not even old enough to have seen Rupp coach, we only know him because he's part of UK's glorious history. To those of us our age, the new coach will not have to live up to Rupp's legacy...

As for Pitino, yes he is still beloved by most folks around here (he did save us from the depths of probation), but he also caused irreparable harm to his status among many fans by going to Louisville. Really, have you been reading some of these message boards in Kentucky? Donovan is already being worshipped here, and he's not even our coach yet!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]