Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida Columnist thoughts on Billy D to UK
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dl...065/SPORTS

"Let me tell you a little story about Billy Donovan and his first SEC Tournament as the Florida Gators basketball coach. This was 11 years ago, and a huge contingent of Kentucky fans waited for him to emerge from the Georgia Dome tunnel.

Florida wasn't even playing Kentucky that day. Didn't matter. Billy D, or Billy the Kid, as he was still called then, was a former Kentucky assistant coach. Spent five years at UK. Helped Rick Pitino win a national championship.

You know what that means, don't you? It means that no matter where Billy had been, where he was going or even where he was at, Kentucky was always home. His blood would always be blue."
GREAT article!
I think we all know that he would make a great fit.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Thats great, Appreciate you posting this article.:thumpsup:
I can only hope he does.
come home Billy D----come home!
Wheres all the people that say....."Why would Donovan leave Florida for UK?" I guess they read the article and got their answers. From a Florida writer no less.
Great article, come on Billy.
Nice Article... If you didn't read the comments in the box left of the article. You should take the time to read it.
Wonder if Tomsportshack has read this???
asst football coaches in Florida are better known than Billy D so come home billy.