Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Calipari The Man??? Read This..Makes sense to me!
GREAT ARTICLE and definately makes you think!!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=...&type=lgns

I SAY GO FOR HIM!
agreed...I like Calipari too..if not Billy D, then bring on Cal!
He's a great coach.
I would figure Calipari would be the most interested in the UK job. It would give him a chance to coach in a big time basketball league. If he can recruit top level talent to Memphis which now plays in a mid major conference, imagine what he could do for UK.
I would like to see some of those athletes that he gets at Memphis in a Kentucky Uniform. Could you imagine haveing a Joey Dorsey among others playing at UK. It could rejuvinate the excitment in Lexington.
I like either Cali, Billy D, Few or D'Antoni..I don't want UK to get anyone else but any of the 4 I mentioned! But any of the four would make ANY UK FAN SMILE!
This would be great, but heres my list in order:

1. Billy Donovan
2. John Calipari
3. Billy Gillespie
4. Tom Izzo
No.

Anybody but Calapri of Travis Ford.
FBALL Wrote:No.

Anybody but Calapri of Travis Ford.
What did UMASS do to you, lol!@
why doesnt anybody want Ford at UK?? Not that he would be my #1 choice or anything but Ive seen a couple of people say they dont want Ford there..just wondering..and although I like both Gillespie and Izzo, their style of ball is basically the same defensive grind it out smashmouth style like Tubbys was. So why replace Tubby with either of those two? If people are wanting a style change, that wouldnt make any sense. Dont get me wrong, I have been a longtime fan of Izzo, but it just wouldnt make much sense to me..I agree with Playboy5 that D'antoni, Calipari, Few or of course Billy D would be the best candidates..I would consider Few and Billy D the biggest longshots, D'antoni would be a tough one to get, and Calipari would be the most easily persuaded..just my opinion though..
Pretty good article. I think he would make an awesome coach and bring something different. new and improved to the table for UK.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:This would be great, but heres my list in order:

1. Billy Donovan
2. John Calipari
3. Billy Gillespie
4. Tom Izzo

I would give Rick a spot on that list as well!

:Thumbs:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I Do Not Want Izzo Or Gillespie!
For those interested Calipari said last night after the loss that he wasn't interested in the UK job and that he was staying in Memphis. I know that doesn't hold much water seeing as how Pitino once said he was staying at UK, Tubby said he was staying at UK, and Nick Saban said he wasn't going to Alabama but it's food for thought nonetheless.

As for Izzo and Gillispie. They are both fine coaches and would do great at UK. Most people believe Izzo is too much like Tubby however despite his 4 Final Fours in the last 8 seasons which is great.

Gillispie built A&M from absolutely nothing and coached them to an amazing season. He runs a fast paced offense as well. UK would be lucky to have him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would like to have Calipari.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:What did UMASS do to you, lol!@
Smile

I never thought about the UMass connection.
Seems like we can put this idea to rest now that he agreed to an extension with Memphis today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank the good Lord,,I dont trust that guy alfus!!!
I don't either..That is why I like him!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I don't either..That is why I like him!

:confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]