•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2018
I think the defense will be just as good as last year and the passing game will be vastly improved. We are a few pieces away from being a very hard team to deal with. Those pieces are putting in the offseason work and I expect them to be major impact players on both sides of the ball.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think the defense will be just as good as last year and the passing game will be vastly improved. We are a few pieces away from being a very hard team to deal with. Those pieces are putting in the offseason work and I expect them to be major impact players on both sides of the ball.
Your defense may have been the best fundamental defense I watched last year. Swarmed to the ball and tackled!
I think the Rams are about to have another great year! I love the beefed up schedule and I think it played a huge factor for them finally making to the state championship game.If our offense is better this year and we keep having fun and growing the program i will be surprised if we don’t make it back to carpet this year and I’ll be surprised if most of our seasons don’t end in the semis or the championship game for the next five years
What Ramdad is being optimistic ???Next thing you know he’s gonna be saying how good of a coach salmons is !!
Don’t hold your breath nut!!! Hehehe
Lol
Wow. RD on board before the season even starts?! Things are really on the up and up in Ramland lol. Cant say I disagree with him though. Imo the final score of the stste finals isnt reflective of what our defense did. They were just on the field too often.
It was like that in every loss. With an improved passing game and improved OL, I just think we will be better over all this year.
And much more versatile. There wasnt much if a threat of the pass or the QB hurting you with his legs. Which always suprised me bc Damon is a great athelete. And make no mistake, the kid did his best. Dont want this to sound like Im hating on or bashing him.
Passing game has nowhere to go but up
I agree the passing game will and has to improve can’t really go the other direction, the line is gonna be huge safe to say one of it not the biggest in 1A , they all need to be and should be much improved from last year , all but one played in the state championship game last year the only reason he didn’t is bc the was across the river playing .
Brandon shore 6”2 240
JP. 6”3. 290
Devon whilett. 6”3. 285
Noah. 6”5. 320
Topping 6”0 250 I’m guessing on him
It Will be interesting what positions they call play . Noah will be tackle , topping or shore will be the other , jp played guard last year but I could see him playing tackle , devon played guard but he could play center and shore could play center . They have potential and lots of experience just depends on how much work theyve done and continue to do. Our backfield will the best in the area no questioning that , so good line play will go along way in getting the new QB settled in whether it’s a young one or a transfer
I fully expect us to be better than last year, as well as more disciplined and polished in all phases. Does anyone know about the kicking situation? There will be a void left by Lukes graduation. Dalton?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I agree the passing game will and has to improve can’t really go the other direction, the line is gonna be huge safe to say one of it not the biggest in 1A , they all need to be and should be much improved from last year , all but one played in the state championship game last year the only reason he didn’t is bc the was across the river playing .
Brandon shore 6”2 240
JP. 6”3. 290
Devon whilett. 6”3. 285
Noah. 6”5. 320
Topping 6”0 250 I’m guessing on him
It Will be interesting what positions they call play . Noah will be tackle , topping or shore will be the other , jp played guard last year but I could see him playing tackle , devon played guard but he could play center and shore could play center . They have potential and lots of experience just depends on how much work theyve done and continue to do. Our backfield will the best in the area no questioning that , so good line play will go along way in getting the new QB settled in whether it’s a young one or a transfer

The EKC Grid game vs Bath Co should be interesting and help both teams in the season.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I fully expect us to be better than last year, as well as more disciplined and polished in all phases. Does anyone know about the kicking situation? There will be a void left by Lukes graduation. Dalton?

Dalton is a soccer player with a great leg , won’t miss a beat at kicker
I wouldnt think so. Great open field tackler as well on kick offs.
Hearing that the tomcats will be finally coming to ram stadium in 2020 and that pikeville will be back on the regular season schedule.
^^^ true story
Coupon21 Wrote:Where is all this money coming from? If these bevin budget cuts happen. How will all this end up?
Guess this question got answered this week.
Coupon21 Wrote:Guess this question got answered this week.

In the form of?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:In the form of?
Read the ADI article.
I’m assuming this is the article that’s being referred to? http://www.dailyindependent.com/news/lay...fe334.html
Coupon21 Wrote:Read the ADI article.

I am assuming you are talking about the article referring to staff cuts. School finance is a tricky subject that many people struggle to understand. Personnel funds is much different than funds for buildings and grounds. You can have millions in the account for buildings and grounds and can’t spend a dollar of it on personnel or vice versa. Money is ear marked for certain areas and can’t be used for anything but that.
The money being used for the building of the new facilities both educational and atheletic are from a state grant. That money can not be used for any thing ither than what the grant states. It sucks. No one likes to lose their job or be the one who has to tell someone they are losing their job, but with the budget the way it is, they had to figure something out.
Coupon21 Wrote:Read the ADI article.

Coupon coupon coupon what tangled webs we weave when you practice being the dbag you are
Lol. The article reads that raceland has lost students. So building bigger facilities to accommodate fewer students and take on higher utility and maintenance costs doesnt seem like a sound financial decision. Be it a construction grant or not, but what do i know im just a dbag whose school is in good financial standing even with the budget cuts.
Coupon21 Wrote:Lol. The article reads that raceland has lost students. So building bigger facilities to accommodate fewer students and take on higher utility and maintenance costs doesnt seem like a sound financial decision. Be it a construction grant or not, but what do i know im just a dbag whose school is in good financial standing even with the budget cuts.

The article actually reads that Greenup refused to renew the reciprocal agreement due to the fact that they were losing students hand over fist to the other two schools in the county. Namely Raceland, which is the only reason that we had a drop off in numbers. So before we go throwing stones, lets make sure we dont live in glass houses. It sucks, 100% it sucks. But luckily we have a school board that is truly looking out for what is best for the school district at a whole and not just trying to save face. We will be fine and Raceland will continue on.
Yeah....it’s pretty bad when kids don’t wanna be in your shitty school Coupon!! Hell even the kids know a better option when the see one Hahahaha
I dont want this crap to turn into the paintsville-johnson central thread that cant even be a thread. Back to topic...saw kids in helmets the other day. Spring football must have been goin on. Gave me chills. Wont be long lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I dont want this crap to turn into the paintsville-johnson central thread that cant even be a thread. Back to topic...saw kids in helmets the other day. Spring football must have been goin on. Gave me chills. Wont be long lol

Good luck reaching that level of hate!
We reached that level of hate in the county long ago.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next