•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2018
Putting a new track around the field , new stands and moving the field 12 yards towards the baseball field
The JFL field is jacked up right now and the new school is going where the practice field was.I guess the will practice on the Varsity field! Wonder how it will hold up?
Jfl field will be fine. Cant put bermuda on it until late may early june.
Since the new school is going where the practice field was, are they going install a turf field so they can have a place to practice without destroying the field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Since the new school is going where the practice field was, are they going install a turf field so they can have a place to practice without destroying the field?

I hear a lot of complaints about the Raceland tax base now. What will all this do to the people of Raceland and how much more will they be asking for in order to compensate for all these additions done to the school and field. Are they gonna be sustainable if our legislation cracks down on funding toward independent schools. A lot of concerns the community should be asking and thinking about, for the future
I was told the grass that was recently planted would be able to handle the abuse of practice and weekly games once it has fully matured and that there would be no need for turf.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I was told the grass that was recently planted would be able to handle the abuse of practice and weekly games once it has fully matured and that there would be no need for turf.

That's some really good grass. Not sure I buy that but time will tell.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I was told the grass that was recently planted would be able to handle the abuse of practice and weekly games once it has fully matured and that there would be no need for turf.

I have been around a lot of Bermuda grass fields and have never heard that! You guys must have got a really hardy strand!
Who will be the Rams QB?
Imo, there is no clear cut favorite. But we have 3 very capable kids at QB. Imo, its really a two horse race bc they wont want to lose one of them on the defensive side of the ball. Heighton, Rousey, and Adkins are the 3 options that come to mind. Unless theres someone idk about. I dont expect to see Adkins as the primary QB though. Too valuable at Safety. We have to be able to get the ball down the field no matter who it is though. Too many play makers werent utilized last year. Not saying being one demensional cost us a state title last year, bc idk if we could have beaten BW either way. But we had way too much tallent at WR to not ecplise 2000 yards passing and have games that we threw the ball less than 12 times.
No need to shoot the messenger. Last season I questioned where Raceland would practice once the middle school was under construction and that's what I was told.
its like any other grass. if you abuse it enough it will die. it repairs its self quickly but it has to have down time to do so.
Well, then I guess Raceland will be playing on a bald field.

To allow the practice field to be lost with no viable plan for a new practice site is asinine.
Drove by the field today...looks like some progress is taking place! Still a long way to go before any football is to be played on that field.I wonder where they will practice? Cause I don’t see the field being ready by the time practice starts.Anybody have any info on the plans of what they intend on doing?
They talked about having practice at soccer fields over by the airport somewhere but I’m pretty sure they are gong to practice at the jfl field from now on
anotherfootballnut Wrote:They talked about having practice at soccer fields over by the airport somewhere but I’m pretty sure they are gong to practice at the jfl field from now on

Going to Worthington to practice makes less sense than practicing on the game field. They should either practice on the JFL field or get turf for the game field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would love to see the school acquire that property that used to be the soccer fields. Massive amount of flat land going to waste.
Practicing in Worthington makes no sense at all. Those fields haven't been maintained for several years and I would guess they are full of holes big enough to break ankles. I don't believe practicing on the JFL is a viable long-term solution either. Seems like the powers that be should've put a little more thought into things.
If they end up buying the Church next to the JFL field that is for sale (heard they were going to make it central office) I could see them making some of that property a practice field.
I agree with you Football Guy. Think they're gonna have to make a parking lot for JFL where the garden area used to be at the church. Maybe an area between the two churches could be used for practicing this year.
FootballGuy Wrote:If they end up buying the Church next to the JFL field that is for sale (heard they were going to make it central office) I could see them making some of that property a practice field.
Where is all this money coming from? If these bevin budget cuts happen. How will all this end up?
Coupon21 Wrote:Where is all this money coming from? If these bevin budget cuts happen. How will all this end up?

Shouldn’t you be more worried about your coach leaving for ironton than what’s going on at Raceland.. heard is interview went well
I would guess its coming from a bank....or a really big walett
Keep buying and building then. Good luck.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Shouldn’t you be more worried about your coach leaving for ironton than what’s going on at Raceland.. heard is interview went well

That’s the pot calling the kettle black considering the enormous amount of your posts on GC’s thread. You should be more concerned about the Raceland school system surviving long enough to even open that middle school.
You guys are clowns....if Fairview is still open u need not concern yourself with Raceland staying afloat! Some of u guys are worse then teenage girls spreading rumors
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You guys are clowns....if Fairview is still open u need not concern yourself with Raceland staying afloat! Some of u guys are worse then teenage girls spreading rumors

Projection is that Fairview will close in the same year as Raceland. Just going on what the experts who are examining the proposed budget cuts are saying.
You wanna bet a 100 that Raceland is still beating Greenups ass on the football field long after the projected date?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:You wanna bet a 100 that Raceland is still beating Greenups ass on the football field long after the projected date?
You dont have a good history with bets on this site.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Shouldn’t you be more worried about your coach leaving for ironton than what’s going on at Raceland.. heard is interview went well

Word on the street is that Fred Ray will be named the new coach at Ironton.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next