3. North Laurel
4. Whitley
5. Clay
6. Bell County
7. Knox Central
8. Williamsburg
9. Corbin
10. Harlan

It's a strong group no matter how you rank them....
I agree with the top 3. I would put Clay ahead of Whitley. I don’t see Knox ahead of Bell or Williamsburg. (But I guess that is how a proud panther would see it. So to each his own.). I think Knox is young and will be good in the future if all the kids stay but kids move around a lot between Knox and laurel Co. So you never know.
I still think it is a 3 team race with Clay maybe pulling an upset if the 3s are falling. Whitley is playing better but I don’t know if they can sustain a run in the region.
Rollo14 Wrote:I agree with the top 3. I would put Clay ahead of Whitley. I don’t see Knox ahead of Bell or Williamsburg. (But I guess that is how a proud panther would see it. So to each his own.). I think Knox is young and will be good in the future if all the kids stay but kids move around a lot between Knox and laurel Co. So you never know.
I still think it is a 3 team race with Clay maybe pulling an upset if the 3s are falling. Whitley is playing better but I don’t know if they can sustain a run in the region.

Why would you put Clay ahead of Whitley?
I just think clay has played a better schedule and is is a little more experienced. I know Whitley beat clay 45-42 but I don’t think that is a decisive enough win to say Whitley is the better team cone regional tourney. Also clays coach is one of the best coaches in the 13th. Just my opinion. I don’t think Clay is head and shoulder above Whitley by any means. They are close. In my opinion HC is the only dominate team in the region and on a good night South or North could make it a close game. I don’t believe anyone else can.
Knox recovering from Vermillion. Took Williamsburg 2 years.
Rollo14 Wrote:I just think clay has played a better schedule and is is a little more experienced. I know Whitley beat clay 45-42 but I don’t think that is a decisive enough win to say Whitley is the better team cone regional tourney. Also clays coach is one of the best coaches in the 13th. Just my opinion. I don’t think Clay is head and shoulder above Whitley by any means. They are close. In my opinion HC is the only dominate team in the region and on a good night South or North could make it a close game. I don’t believe anyone else can.

I looked at schedules and rosters.... Clay doesn't have a Sr, Whitley has 3. So the more experienced thing is and X... Whitley did beat Clay AT Clay... only in Clay's world does that not count... another X. And last looks at the schedules... Doesn't look to me like Clay's schedule is any better - if it's as good. Strike 3... You're out!
9. Harlan
10. Pineville Middlesboro or Lynn Camp

Corbin is out 2-9 last 11 games not very good at all. Pineville has fallen off from what they should have been. Middlesboro has improved drastically and Lynn Camp just their record. Corbin didn’t get token mention this late in season.
ProudPanther Wrote:I looked at schedules and rosters.... Clay doesn't have a Sr, Whitley has 3. So the more experienced thing is and X... Whitley did beat Clay AT Clay... only in Clay's world does that not count... another X. And last looks at the schedules... Doesn't look to me like Clay's schedule is any better - if it's as good. Strike 3... You're out!

I'd call it even between those two, but Clay did have two seniors, unless they quit, and they didn't lose any starters last year and only one the year before, so they have had the same team, basically, for three years. So, that's a lot of experience, even without senior starters.
With all the experience they should have beat Whitley at home. They didn’t so they need not be ranked ahead of them. Nothing other than this is Clay.
Thank you for always being right Proudpanther and for your words of wisdom. I think I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. If Clay and Whitley by chance meet in the region I would be willing to put a wager on the game. If you are so sure of yourself that you can completely discount anyone else’s opinion I would think you would also.
Bottom line Clay has better shooters and a better post. Also I don’t think that Whitley has an answer for Mathis. Again I am not downing Whitley they are a good team. I would just put Clay ahead of them in the region rankings.
As far as experience, I know Clay has been starting the same 5 kids at least the last 2 years. It doesn’t matter about the number of seniors if they have never played varsity. There is a X for you.
Yes, Whitley did win by 3 at Clay. I don’t think that is such a dominant win to say Whitley will win a rematch. So I don’t think I deserve a X for that.
As for schedule it is my opion that Clays is much harder. It’s your opinion it isn’t. Only in your world, where you think you are always right, does that count as a win for your argument.
Let’s see who gets farther in the region and then talk about it.
This all started with me moving Knox down your list. Why don’t you explain to me how they deserve to be higher up? I want to hear that argument.
To see if someone is better I love the way all you guys and gals put head to head match ups at the bottom of list. Can’t argue with someone that smart.
TheColonel Wrote:To see if someone is better I love the way all you guys and gals put head to head match ups at the bottom of list. Can’t argue with someone that smart.

I see that quiet a bit as well. "They beat us , but we are better than they are." Nothing else matters, NOTHING but winning. Because that night they were better and will be until you avenge the loss.
Rollo14 Wrote:I just think clay has played a better schedule and is is a little more experienced. I know Whitley beat clay 45-42 but I don’t think that is a decisive enough win to say Whitley is the better team cone regional tourney. Also clays coach is one of the best coaches in the 13th. Just my opinion. I don’t think Clay is head and shoulder above Whitley by any means. They are close. In my opinion HC is the only dominate team in the region and on a good night South or North could make it a close game. I don’t believe anyone else can.

I don't guess you could possibly be biased or from East of London. No way should Clay be ranked above Whitley Confusednicker:
Rollo14 Wrote:Thank you for always being right Proudpanther and for your words of wisdom. I think I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. If Clay and Whitley by chance meet in the region I would be willing to put a wager on the game. If you are so sure of yourself that you can completely discount anyone else’s opinion I would think you would also.
Bottom line Clay has better shooters and a better post. Also I don’t think that Whitley has an answer for Mathis. Again I am not downing Whitley they are a good team. I would just put Clay ahead of them in the region rankings.
As far as experience, I know Clay has been starting the same 5 kids at least the last 2 years. It doesn’t matter about the number of seniors if they have never played varsity. There is a X for you.
Yes, Whitley did win by 3 at Clay. I don’t think that is such a dominant win to say Whitley will win a rematch. So I don’t think I deserve a X for that.
As for schedule it is my opion that Clays is much harder. It’s your opinion it isn’t. Only in your world, where you think you are always right, does that count as a win for your argument.
This all started with me moving Knox down your list. Why don’t you explain to me how they deserve to be higher up? I want to hear that argument.

They held Mathis under 20 the last time while few others even scored. so I'm sure Whitley could possibly find an answer to slow that explosive offense :hilarious:
AnswertheBell Wrote:I see that quiet a bit as well. "They beat us , but we are better than they are." Nothing else matters, NOTHING but winning. Because that night they were better and will be until you avenge the loss.

That's exactly right. The Colonels are obviously the better team :biggrin:
If head to head is one of the biggest factors than Whitley should be ahead of North. Beat them Tuesday I think. Whitley, in my mind, is better than clay right now. I know North isn't Harlan or South at this point but that's still a good win.
Didn't Clay have a starter out in the Whitley game and lost by a basket? I'd say the teams are even. Maybe they can meet and figure it out in region because no one is beating Harlan County.
If I was ranking them heading into the postseson, I would go with 1. Harlan Co., 2. South, 3. North, Whitley and Clay basically dead even.
Does anyone know how Clay did with Owlsey lat night? I'm just wondering because I wanted to rank Clay ahead of them and wasn't going to unless Owlsey won..... I think that's the way it works.
ProudPanther Wrote:Does anyone know how Clay did with Owlsey lat night? I'm just wondering because I wanted to rank Clay ahead of them and wasn't going to unless Owlsey won..... I think that's the way it works.

They lost so they should drop in the rankings Confusednicker:
Rollo14 Wrote:Thank you for always being right Proudpanther and for your words of wisdom. I think I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. If Clay and Whitley by chance meet in the region I would be willing to put a wager on the game. If you are so sure of yourself that you can completely discount anyone else’s opinion I would think you would also.

Thank you for recognizing my wisdom.

I think we are at the point where we can see who is getting farther in the region.... So can we talk now? I guess my best answer to you is that Whitley made the Region. Clay didn't. In fact they lost 3 in a row to end the year. Are they a good team, you bet they are... But THAT'S why I put Whitley ahead of them...

And by the way, Knox Central is in the Region too!
Van Hagar Wrote:If I was ranking them heading into the postseson, I would go with 1. Harlan Co., 2. South, 3. North, Whitley and Clay basically dead even.

I felt the same way. I guess Clay losing last night has to give Whitley the four spot going into the region, as long as the other three continue winning.
Yeah and I actually think that was a bad result for North. It does mean what should be an easier district title game, but Clay would have been opposite them in the region and might have upset one of the top two. Doubtful but possible. But Jackson no way.
E's Army Wrote:Knox recovering from Vermillion. Took Williamsburg 2 years.

:problem:
HCS Wrote:I felt the same way. I guess Clay losing last night has to give Whitley the four spot going into the region, as long as the other three continue winning.

Whitley was already top 4.
13th good region