Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Lee Fletcher named Perry Central coach
Has a new coach been named for Perry Central boys soccer? Coach Lunsford accepted job at another school.
PCCDORES Wrote:Has a new coach been named for Perry Central boys soccer? Coach Lunsford accepted job at another school.

Best of luck to coach Lunsford, whoever is getting him is getting a very good coach with a ton of knowledge and passion for the game. Perry will have to hit a home run to replace him.
I hear Ray Lee Fletcher, former player from PCC, will be named the head coach. He will be a great addition to the staff and has a great knowledge of the game.
Where did Lunsford go?
Lunsford to Madison Southern.
Nero Wrote:Lunsford to Madison Southern.
Hope his bro went with him, the co coaching thing was a nightmare to the team. Need a change.
Patriot train Wrote:Hope his bro went with him, the co coaching thing was a nightmare to the team. Need a change.

They've won 4 regional titles in a row, doesn't seem like much of a nightmare to me.
All due to Andrew and that they are in the weakest soccer region in the state.TongueirateSho
Ray Lee would hands down be the best coach available for Perry.
I heard Mark Pence would be the new Soccer Coach. Would also be the new PE teacher at PCC. Good luck Mark.
My money would be on JR Lunsford. If they went with anyone else they'd be throwing the program away.
Likely to be JR.
Ray Lee Fletcher will not be the coach.
Really solid program the last few years. Always were tough to break down defensively and played decent passing soccer. It definitely helped being in arguably the weakest region in the state. They can continue their dominance with a decent hire.
I agree 100%!

:fedup:

“Disclaimer”
My true views and comments can be given but you have to PM me because I’m being suppressed on this site.
Nero Wrote:My money would be on JR Lunsford. If they went with anyone else they'd be throwing the program away.
Now that is funny! Like he is the soccer god or something? no one else could do as good right? That is hilarious...
I hope whoever they get, they work with the grade school program coaches and teach them a little about the game. I know it's hard to get coaches that know what they are doing, but if you are going to have a program the varsity coach needs to get involved with the youth program and at least help the coaches to understand what they can be doing to help these athletes.
How is JR supposed to coach when he is working in Corbin selling cars? that may be kinda tough on him don't you think? This may be why Mr. Pence's name has been mentioned for this job. Someone in the school system who can be there for the kids when needed.
Patriot train Wrote:Now that is funny! Like he is the soccer god or something? no one else could do as good right? That is hilarious...
I hope whoever they get, they work with the grade school program coaches and teach them a little about the game. I know it's hard to get coaches that know what they are doing, but if you are going to have a program the varsity coach needs to get involved with the youth program and at least help the coaches to understand what they can be doing to help these athletes.

Certainly he is no soccer god. I think you misunderstood me, I meant that everyone else that has been mentioned would be a terrible choice.

Lunsford might not be great either, but he at least has some college experience and has been assistant for his brother for several years now. Certainly not Pence or Fletcher, they don't even know how to ref soccer, how could they coach it?
Pence would be the only decent candidate.
JR Lunsford appeared to be the coach but he's informed the school he won't be there this year.

They even had him listed on KHSAA as the coach.
Official as of today:
Head Coach Ray Lee Fletcher
Asst. Coach Ross Baker
Team Manager Brecken Harvey

Three guys who were big contributors to the program as players and return to the fold.
zaga_fan Wrote:Likely to be JR.
Ray Lee Fletcher will not be the coach.

Looks like I knew what I was talking about after all! :lmao::Thumbs:TongueirateSho
Patriot train Wrote:Looks like I knew what I was talking about after all! :lmao::Thumbs:TongueirateSho

Nope.
It shook out like you said it would, but you definitely didn't know what you were talking about.
zaga_fan Wrote:Nope.
It shook out like you said it would, but you definitely didn't know what you were talking about.
Whatever you say, if that makes you feel better, I'm okay with it. :flush: