Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gymnastics Recommendation
I was a cheerleader for forever seems like, and I always looooooooooved gymnastics. Now it seems Im past my heyday, which is sad.. but I have been looking into maybe taking some gymnastics lessons again. I'm 21, and I am just a little more out of shape than I was before,Wink . Anyway, my question was does anyone know of any places where I can take classes in a small setting? I'm not with a squad or anything of course, but I'd love to get back into shape and do some things that I havent done in a while. Somewhere somewhat cheap, but good, and maybe small so I wont embarrass myself! :thumpsup:

THANKS!
We have some GREAT instructors...what area are you in ?
I am in Pikeville. Too bad I'm not in Northern Kentucky. Sad I'm sure theres some good ones around here as well. I used to take gymnastics under Scott, Henry's son at KPT. He was wonderful.

i go to jodi hackworth at kpt. :rockon: he is a reallyy good gymnastics instructer.
That is who I was thinking of going to. Do you know when his classes are? If they are open? and how much they are?

Thanks!
When I cheered at SC Jody charged like $7 per girl, but that was with a whole team. I don't know how much it would be singularly. You'd probably just have to call him about times because I know he does different high schools around the area. It probably wouldn't be too crowded now since it is the off season.
I recommend Matt Roberts. He works at KPT too and he is awesome! His full is the prettiest I have ever seen. He knows what he is talking about because he tumbles too. I trust him with my life.
All of the people that Ive heard use Jodi or Stacey.
Dana Smith is also really good! I heard she recently opened her own gym.
jack be nimble is great people should go there i do mrs tammy and all the teachers r niceits over n kaney 4 lane
If you do take them to Lexington, I would highly recommend LGC. They do alot of competition training.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Dana Smith is also really good! I heard she recently opened her own gym.

I went to her at KPT a while back when I was in high school. Best I can remember she was really good. I wouldnt mind going back to her. Any idea where her gym is?
I heard it was up Ratliffs Creek
Brittany0121 Wrote:I was a cheerleader for forever seems like, and I always looooooooooved gymnastics. Now it seems Im past my heyday, which is sad.. but I have been looking into maybe taking some gymnastics lessons again. I'm 21, and I am just a little more out of shape than I was before,Wink . Anyway, my question was does anyone know of any places where I can take classes in a small setting? I'm not with a squad or anything of course, but I'd love to get back into shape and do some things that I havent done in a while. Somewhere somewhat cheap, but good, and maybe small so I wont embarrass myself! :thumpsup:

THANKS!

Henry Young is now doing classes at the Knott Co. Sportsplex 606-785-5932
Jody is the bomb! I have been going there for 5 years and I trust him with my life! He really is great!

Good luck and I hope you find a spot!
I'd love to go back to Jody...does anyone know when his classes are??
Dana's Gym is called Flip Flops Gymnastics,,, its up Ratliffs Creeek, shes my favorite instructor ive ever taken gymnastics under. Steve from KPT was also super good..but its been a long time since ive taken under him.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I'd love to go back to Jody...does anyone know when his classes are??

Jody give classes to BMS varsity and JV cheerleaders... from what I have watched... he does a GREAT job!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
.bearcat.cheer. Wrote:Dana's Gym is called Flip Flops Gymnastics,,, its up Ratliffs Creeek, shes my favorite instructor ive ever taken gymnastics under. Steve from KPT was also super good..but its been a long time since ive taken under him.

i can't wait to go to her! I've called and told her I was coming a couple of times, but I don't want to go alone and my friend is always busy. So I'm hoping I can go this week!:p
jodi charges 10$ individually. . .
and his classes are on thursdays and sundays
Do you know what times his classes are on?
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:i can't wait to go to her! I've called and told her I was coming a couple of times, but I don't want to go alone and my friend is always busy. So I'm hoping I can go this week!:p

How much is Dana's?
$25 registration and insurance then $10 each time after that
well i m not sure where your from but however there is a place in allen ky. they are men and then in martin county there is a lady her name is Jackie parson she will do priviate lessons.. for like $10. an hour her number is 298-4261 hope this helps