Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Mr. Football D’Mauriae VanCleave
Woodsman Wrote:Funny because st x and Trinity generally have the best players year in and year out. Glad they couldn't deny obvious standouts like brohm, finch, and quick. Mr Moore was not so lucky I guess. Did everyone watch Rondale Moore play?....or are we just rooting for the underdog? Also can someone provide the criteria used to select a recipient?

That first sentence is not very accurate. So in the list of Mr Football which years did St X or Trinity have the better player.
So is the "Mr football" award given to the hands down best football player or not??
Hatz Wrote:That first sentence is not very accurate. So in the list of Mr Football which years did St X or Trinity have the better player.

2017 hands down trinity had the most impactful player and it's not really close.
Woodsman Wrote:2017 hands down trinity had the most impactful player and it's not really close.

You stated year in and year out.

Now you State 2017.

Your use of the term impactful is interesting. Hard to argue vs the impactfulness of Van Cleave on his team’s season.
Woodsman Wrote:To me it should have been a 2 way race between aj Mayer and rondale Moore. I would understand either player winning, but I think moore had the advantage. With that said, it seems the powers that be did not want to reward catholic schools for their success. It's kinda obvious. Congrats to VanCleav but it appears politics weighed heavy on the decision
:Sad04:
Very well deserved. Congrats young man.
Woodsman Wrote:So is the "Mr football" award given to the hands down best football player or not??

There is no hands down best player because everyone evaluates through their own bias. Since there is no criteria list it’s left to the voter to use his/her own.

Example. 1989 Pookie Jones of Calloway County won over Donnie Redd of Danville. Jones proved to be a better collegiate player but there’s no way I’m convinced his HS career was better than Redd’s statistically, by titles or by impact.

It’s just the way it goes.
Woodsman Wrote:2017 hands down trinity had the most impactful player and it's not really close.

Oh it is very close. Check video and Van Cleaves stats again. I think he scored every 6.2 Times he touched the ball.