•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County
Iam4thecats Wrote:Larry won 2 if you want to have facts on your side. The talent dipped just as Pardue was taking over. I know because I coached against them at that time and we finally beat them. Pardue, Hester, and Mason were there for all of Chucks titles and all of Larrys and are about as good a group of top assistants as this state has ever seen.

Chuck and Larry were both fortunate enough to coach Division 1 level talent in all of the championship runs. Chuck even had multiple division 1 guys, a Mr. Football, and some NFL talent in his first run. Seems to be a definite correlation with abnormally high amount of talent associated with those state titles and when you mix that with solid coach that's what you get.

Corbin on the other hand has assistants that have won rings with other programs and head coaches, so is Haddix holding them back? Probably not but that argument can go both ways, in reality they're all pretty good coaches on both sides and really a lot better than average compared to most schools in the state and when elite talent meets good coaching you win state titles.
Unless you are in 6A-
Single Wing 77 Wrote:History doesn’t lie buddy. If Larry French hadn’t come in, there would be one less state title in title town. The year after Chuck Smith leaves Boyle will fall off again, unless someone else is brought in to lead the program.

....and talent pool had nothing to do with it? Lol
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:IMO- shouldn't make a statement like that- no one has a clue who the top 3-4 coaching staff in the state are and absolutely no way to find out

Boyle just barley beat E-town last year and lost to Danville people on here acting like they are
the next coming of the New England Patriots, I respect there Coaching staff an d what they have done, but man they are not world beaters

Etown was very well coached and easily the best team we played last season....and keep in mind, only Soph scored in our last two games vs Etown and Corbin.

Danville game was not well played by either team. They were lucky to win and this year will prove it.

Make sure you pay attention to the next several years of Boyle Co Football, we may not be "world beaters" but we gunna be KY High School Football beaters. Lol
FoSho Wrote:....and talent pool had nothing to do with it? Lol

So, does that mean that Corbin had the better staff considering they had zero kids with D-1 offers last season? You guys say it’s all about coaching when you win but all about talent when you lose. If the talent pool was so low at Boyle then why was French brought in? Seems like the folks at Boyle would’ve known that pardue had no talent. Yet Larry French was brought in and suddenly the talent level changed.
Iam4thecats Wrote:You also seem to be under the false assumption that you have to be a championship head coach to be a great assistant. These are not the same thing and have been proven historically so.

We’re those same assistants not there when Boyle went 6-6 two years after chuck left?
Boyle without Chuck = Bell without Dudley
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Boyle without Chuck = Bell without Dudley

...see ya Thanksgiving weekend. 😂

How many state titles does Corbin’s have?
Jack Lambert Wrote:How many state titles does Corbin’s have?

That depends on who you ask. Lol
DarthVader Wrote:That depends on who you ask. Lol

If you ask the KHSAA, they have 3....I'm going with that.

🤔
Boyle was a heck of a team last year. They probably will be this year as well. Hope we can meet up again. Met and drank with some good BC people before the game last year. But with that said, BC would not be as good of a team with out 'ole head coach. How good they would be without him is impossible to determine. They have some great talent coming up, its a fact that cant be disputed. But without him, they WONT be as good. I watched one of the best coached teams I've seen play in the title game against us. Talent takes you far, but without coaching I don't know what it would have looked like. But it def wouldn't have looked as good. I respect BC, let me be clear about that, and I'm not downplaying their kids talent so I don't want anyone to take this like that or the wrong way. But I've seen a lot of great talent come through our program in the Jewell and Farris day's that were wasted because of poor coaching/old school coaching. Then we got a great coach to come in, and it was almost and instant turn around for our program. The same thing I believe would happen to BC is your H.C. left unless they just brought in someone else great, but I still don't think they'd be as good if he stayed. Either way, good luck, stay safe, hope to see ya in some months to come

More than Boyle has without chuck smith.
FoSho Wrote:...see ya Thanksgiving weekend. 😂

I’ll guarantee you that I’m looking forward to it more than you are.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I’ll guarantee you that I’m looking forward to it more than you are.

Tick tock, tick tock.

😎
Hound05 Wrote:Boyle was a heck of a team last year. They probably will be this year as well. Hope we can meet up again. Met and drank with some good BC people before the game last year. But with that said, BC would not be as good of a team with out 'ole head coach. How good they would be without him is impossible to determine. They have some great talent coming up, its a fact that cant be disputed. But without him, they WONT be as good. I watched one of the best coached teams I've seen play in the title game against us. Talent takes you far, but without coaching I don't know what it would have looked like. But it def wouldn't have looked as good. I respect BC, let me be clear about that, and I'm not downplaying their kids talent so I don't want anyone to take this like that or the wrong way. But I've seen a lot of great talent come through our program in the Jewell and Farris day's that were wasted because of poor coaching/old school coaching. Then we got a great coach to come in, and it was almost and instant turn around for our program. The same thing I believe would happen to BC is your H.C. left unless they just brought in someone else great, but I still don't think they'd be as good if he stayed. Either way, good luck, stay safe, hope to see ya in some months to come

Not a single one of you sneaky snakes gave me a drink Confusednicker:

Maybe I should have said how many CURRENT Coaches on Corbin’s staff have won high school state championships in football as coaches?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:History doesn’t lie buddy. If Larry French hadn’t come in, there would be one less state title in title town. The year after Chuck Smith leaves Boyle will fall off again, unless someone else is brought in to lead the program.

You do realize that Larry won 2, not 1. Right?

The talent level dipped after Brandon Smith graduated. When French arrived it was on an upswing. But what does all that have to do with the staff?

How many rings has Corbin's staff won as Head Coach? Assistant? Players?

I think Boyle's staff has some creds that are just as impressive and considering last year, more so.

BTW, you are aware that French was Smith's mentor, right?

Not totally.

Bell has only won 2 titles, both with Dudley.

Boyle has won 6 with Smith and 2 others with French. :Thumbs:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:More than Boyle has without chuck smith.

Check again. Corbin has won 3 titles: Two by Powers and one by Adams.

French won 2 which equals the number by Powers and is greater than the number by Adams. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:You do realize that Larry won 2, not 1. Right?

The talent level dipped after Brandon Smith graduated. When French arrived it was on an upswing. But what does all that have to do with the staff?

How many rings has Corbin's staff won as Head Coach? Assistant? Players?

I think Boyle's staff has some creds that are just as impressive and considering last year, more so.

BTW, you are aware that French was Smith's mentor, right?

Great, French won two, I don’t see what that has to do with Boyle’s assistants. I never said anything bad about French or Smith. They’re both great head coaches. We’re talking about staffs. You made the first better staff comment. I’ll take Corbin’s staff as a whole over Boyle’s. Haddix is building each season. How long was Chuck Smith at Boyle before he won his first title? I think it’s gonna take Haddix about five seasons.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Great, French won two, I don’t see what that has to do with Boyle’s assistants. I never said anything bad about French or Smith. They’re both great head coaches. We’re talking about staffs. You made the first better staff comment. I’ll take Corbin’s staff as a whole over Boyle’s. Haddix is building each season. How long was Chuck Smith at Boyle before he won his first title? I think it’s gonna take Haddix about five seasons.

1. You are being stubborn
2. We have addressed your questions and you have chosen to not even read the responses.
3. You are in a Boyle thread and nobody agrees with you.
I always heard that Boyle County was Danville’s little brother ...... wasn’t sure who had the most titles?
Hester has 8 state championship rings. I'd hire him on the defensive side of the ball at any school in the state of Kentucky.
Blackcat2001 Wrote:I always heard that Boyle County was Danville’s little brother ...... wasn’t sure who had the most titles?

I'm sure A lot of schools would love to be in our little boat with 8 Titles in 19 years. Only 6 schools in Kentucky can claim more. Blackcat2001 it's a lot better than a school with 0 titles. As Alan Jackson would say "Well, it's alright to be little bitty".
Boyle will pass Danville in titles by 2021.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Great, French won two, I don’t see what that has to do with Boyle’s assistants. I never said anything bad about French or Smith. They’re both great head coaches. We’re talking about staffs. You made the first better staff comment. I’ll take Corbin’s staff as a whole over Boyle’s. Haddix is building each season. How long was Chuck Smith at Boyle before he won his first title? I think it’s gonna take Haddix about five seasons.

I would have agreed with you until Boyle Co and Central chose to move to 4A. Haddix may win a title soon but it won't be at Corbin while with those teams and Johnson Central are around.

Now I know you Coach at CMS and so you're a little biased (I get it) but you wouldn't find a coaching staff outside of your football program that would agree with you that the Corbin staff is better than the Boyle Co staff. If you knew the kind of preparation and work that was put in by our staff you'd be amazed.
Blackcat2001 Wrote:I always heard that Boyle County was Danville’s little brother ...... wasn’t sure who had the most titles?

Danville has 11 I believe. Boyle has 8.

With what criteria would you use the above?

Is it based on performance as a coach? How can Corbin's staff compare to the number of state rings on the fingers of the Assistant's at Boyle?

Is it from Past Head Coaching and now Assistant?

Is it based on Coaches who played on State Title teams? I think that would be pretty even.

Is it based on Coaches who played College Ball at Big time schools? Again, it would be hard pressed to beat out Chuck playing for UK and Leffew playing for UL, starting 4 seasons and making AA one of them.

What is the criteria?

Boyle was 1-9 in 1991 when Chuck was hired in the '92 Season. Rebels went to the playoffs the first year and lost 10-7 to Corbin.

Went to Semi-Finals in '96 and lost to Breathitt 12-7.

Undefeated in '97 but upset by Bourbon.

Won the first state Title in '99 at 15-0.

Oh, and there were only 4 Classes then.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next