•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County
Jack Lambert Wrote:I don’t see much varsity time for any of them unless one of them is a stud lineman. The kicker will get all the action he wants. Of course this is just my opinion I’ve been wrong before.

If nothing else they'll get plenty of reps once there is a running clock. But the search for linemen won't be limited to the Juniors/Seniors.
One soph that you will see on the field for sure at Boyle is McDaniel. He is the complete back that has good speed, vision and can catch the ball. He is a very good defensive back also. No he won't start because of all the great talent in front of him, but we are talking about playing time on a championship caliber team.
backcountry Wrote:One soph that you will see on the field for sure at Boyle is McDaniel. He is the complete back that has good speed, vision and can catch the ball. He is a very good defensive back also. No he won't start because of all the great talent in front of him, but we are talking about playing time on a championship caliber team.

I think he has a great future but I don't know where he'll fit in next year other than mop up duty. There is no question he can win some playing time if he comes in ready to compete or there are injuries. His best place to contribute might be in the secondary on occasion.

Looking forward to it playing out on the field.
FoSho Wrote:I think he has a great future but I don't know where he'll fit in next year other than mop up duty. There is no question he can win some playing time if he comes in ready to compete or there are injuries. His best place to contribute might be in the secondary on occasion.

Looking forward to it playing out on the field.

Agreed.
Was told today that Boyle will open the season with Louisville Ballard instead of Harrison county in the Mercer bowl next year.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Was told today that Boyle will open the season with Louisville Ballard instead of Harrison county in the Mercer bowl next year.

Yep, I posted that rumor a week or so ago in a different thread (teams that should play) but found out for certain yesterday and shared it.

It'll be a really good test for us to start the year. The new OL better be ready because you know they'll have some really good players.
FoSho Wrote:Yep, I posted that rumor a week or so ago in a different thread (teams that should play) but found out for certain yesterday and shared it.

It'll be a really good test for us to start the year. The new OL better be ready because you know they'll have some really good players.

I agree, it will be a good game for Boyle to start the season I like the ideal of playing Ballard it’ll make Boyle better in the long run, Ballard handled Central easily this past season.
I know Boyle had really been pushing for this game with Ballard. I think Ballard said no at first then reconsidered. Whatever the outcome of the game, I know Boyle will benefit from this game so much more than if they had played Harrison County who is down right now.
Looks like we're staying 3A.
FoSho Wrote:Looks like we're staying 3A.

Is there information out there or is this from the inside?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Is there information out there or is this from the inside?

It's not 100% but I'm pretty sure it's fact.
FoSho Wrote:Looks like we're staying 3A.

I’m hearing the same thing.
Wouldn't surprise me. I don't recall Boyle ever playing in any class that they were not designated to be in. Not since 1963. Why would they change now?
backcountry Wrote:One soph that you will see on the field for sure at Boyle is McDaniel. He is the complete back that has good speed, vision and can catch the ball. He is a very good defensive back also. No he won't start because of all the great talent in front of him, but we are talking about playing time on a championship caliber team.

His daddy sure could play. Just for the wrong team.
Hatz Wrote:Wouldn't surprise me. I don't recall Boyle ever playing in any class that they were not designated to be in. Not since 1963. Why would they change now?

They did talk about it Va.
Is Boyle moving to 4a?
#P3 Wrote:Is Boyle moving to 4a?

I heard no.

Then I heard yes.

So I have no idea at this point.
FoSho Wrote:I heard no.

Then I heard yes.

So I have no idea at this point.

I’ll will more than likely see one of the coaches tomorrow and will ask what Boyle is going to do hopefully he won’t care to tell me.
I talked to coach Leffew this afternoon and he said that he had asked coach Smith if Boyle had petitioned to play up and Smith wouldn’t tell him he said that the public would probably find out before the assistants would, sounds awful top secret to me but I believe Bobby was being honest about Smith not telling them, so I guess we’ll find out whenever it’s announced.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I talked to coach Leffew this afternoon and he said that he had asked coach Smith if Boyle had petitioned to play up and Smith wouldn’t tell him he said that the public would probably find out before the assistants would, sounds awful top secret to me but I believe Bobby was being honest about Smith not telling them, so I guess we’ll find out whenever it’s announced.

Today I heard we had petitioned to play up into the Southeastern Conference.

😎🏈
At first I thought coach Leffew was joking or just didn’t want tell me but after talking for a few minutes I think he was being serious and honest about Coach Smith not telling him when he asked I don’t know why it’s so secret, I think it will be announced to the public Wednesday anyway.
If they keep dropping like they are he will get all the pt he wants. SMH
jackal405 Wrote:If they keep dropping like they are he will get all the pt he wants. SMH

What are you talking about?
jackal405 Wrote:If they keep dropping like they are he will get all the pt he wants. SMH

You clearly must have posted in the wrong thread.
BCHSrebs Wrote:You clearly must have posted in the wrong thread.

Maybe he's got some inside information? 🤔
FoSho Wrote:Maybe he's got some inside information? 🤔

Or a bottle of Jack and a country song!Confusednicker:
Hearing rumors of a new District proposal for Boyle Co has been released/discussed.

When is the final released?
Be very nice to know, but does it really matter? 3 or 4 this bunch can win it!
We have one of the best if not the best staff in state.
I hope Boyle stays in 3A. 4A is loaded. Not that Boyle wouldn't do well and possibly win but it would definitely be a harder road.

Also, Boyle's 2019 class is so-so, their 2020 class is phenomenal, and their 2021 class is only average overall. I think the next 2 years are great with 2019 the super year and then a huge drop off. Well, not huge but big.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next