•  Previous
  • 11(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County
Hurry up game time!! Can't wait. Got to see several practices now. Here is my take:

OL and DL is down and weaker than it has been in the last 2 years but still better than 90%of 4A

Skill positions on offense and on D are the best I have seen here in a long time. The 2020 class as a whole...wow. I don't know if we have has so many D1 and D2 kids on the same team as this year. It is absurd. We will be much better than last year on offense and just as good or a little better on defense.

Can't wait!!!
BoyleCo Wrote:Hurry up game time!! Can't wait. Got to see several practices now. Here is my take:

OL and DL is down and weaker than it has been in the last 2 years but still better than 90%of 4A

Skill positions on offense and on D are the best I have seen here in a long time. The 2020 class as a whole...wow. I don't know if we have has so many D1 and D2 kids on the same team as this year. It is absurd. We will be much better than last year on offense and just as good or a little better on defense.

Can't wait!!!

I concur.

There are at least six upperclassmen that are getting real attention from D1 schools for football and another couple for baseball...all but one are 2020 kids. But another group of 4-6 upperclassmen kids have skills good enough for some level of college football (TBD).

The younger classes have a lot of potential as well....and the middle school (8th grade) has two kids that I'd be willing to say will have D1 Power 5 schools drooling very soon.
Looking forward to seeing the 2018 Rebs in action! Always an exciting brand of football.
pjdoug Wrote:at least one of the best 150.

And you have to think that’s after corbin “stole” the best 100 ahead of him for ourselves. Hahah
I agree, we will need a really big table on signing day. I also see a dozen signees in this 2020 group at some level, D1, D2, Service Academy, etc.
Hound05 Wrote:And you have to think that’s after corbin “stole” the best 100 ahead of him for ourselves. Hahah

I'm in a class above all of Corbin.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm in a class above all of Corbin.
You are in class of your own!
Camp is a wrap and all indications are that the OL is coming together and the offense is going to be ridiculous.

Defense is stout.

A few minor bumps and bruises to address but all systems go for scrimmage week....Thursday night @ Madison Central.

Go Rebs!!!!
FoSho Wrote:Camp is a wrap and all indications are that the OL is coming together and the offense is going to be ridiculous.

Defense is stout.

A few minor bumps and bruises to address but all systems go for scrimmage week....Thursday night @ Madison Central.

Go Rebs!!!!

It will be interesting to see how the scrimmage goes. Chuck doesn't doing anything flashy and doesn't show a lot. Last year I came away as we would be lucky to win half our games afterwards.
Rebel55 Wrote:It will be interesting to see how the scrimmage goes. Chuck doesn't doing anything flashy and doesn't show a lot. Last year I came away as we would be lucky to win half our games afterwards.

Chuck seems to always play it close to the vest in scrimmages a few basic plays and that’s it.
Yep they won’t show much and that’s ok. It will be nice to see the line in action.
Madison Central has 23 seniors on this team, so this should be a good test for Boyle again. That is what we need to be prepared for a good Ballard team.
I was told earlier that Boyle’s varsity defeated Madison Central 20-7 this evening in their scrimmage.
Looked pretty good, must still clean somethings up , but don’t we all.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was told earlier that Boyle’s varsity defeated Madison Central 20-7 this evening in their scrimmage.

27-7 was the final bud. Wasn't able to make it but was talking to my man there constantly for updates.
BCHSrebs Wrote:27-7 was the final bud. Wasn't able to make it but was talking to my man there constantly for updates.

Cameron Gwinn’s grandfather drove one of the buses for Boyle and he texted me the 20-7 score I hope you’re right that’s even more impressive.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Cameron Gwinn’s grandfather drove one of the buses for Boyle and he texted me the 20-7 score I hope you’re right that’s even more impressive.

Wasn't there and only going off of fed info from another. Either way, a Boyle win is a good thing!
Boyle won the scrimmage 27-7. That was for the 3 quarters for the varsity.The freshmen had a quarter scrimmage and so did the JV teams. Madison Central's only score came against Boyle's 2's and 3's. They could not move the ball at all against the Rebel's first team defense. The offense didn't show much only running 3or 4 different plays all night. Nice scrimmage for Boyle against a veteran team.
It was a good night for BCHS Football.

Last year MC won 21-0........everyone was a year older and BCHS lost a lot of that team. Offense was very vanilla and performed well. The OL has improved but still has work to do. Boyle ran at will for most of the night. And was very effective with the passing game when needed.

The D is sick.
FoSho Wrote:It was a good night for BCHS Football.

Last year MC won 21-0........everyone was a year older and BCHS lost a lot of that team. Offense was very vanilla and performed well. The OL has improved but still has work to do. Boyle ran at will for most of the night. And was very effective with the passing game when needed.

Wasn't there man but the online must have preformed better than expected or we couldn't run at will. Is that fair to say?
BCHSrebs Wrote:Wasn't there man but the online must have preformed better than expected or we couldn't run at will. Is that fair to say?

Bartleson ran like a man....between the tackles or around the edge. Unreal.

Some nice throwing plays but very vanilla. Pass protection needs some work but OL play was better than expected.

This will be a big week for OL improvement. I am confident that our staff will tie up some loose ends and have the Rebels ready to perform well vs Ballard.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)