Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF2 East KY Expo Center?
I saw where they're having a poll on the East KY Expo Center's page about a sports team in the Expo......How does everyone feel about an AF2 team at the Expo?
What is AF2?
Arena Football Minor League
Aren't the Lexington Horsemen an Arena Football "Minor League" team?
Arena Football is awesome...it would draw big crowds IMO.
Arena Football would be great for the area... should bring in some big crowds
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It would be awesome!
that would be great.
blackcat_student Wrote:Isn't the Lexington Horseman a Arena Football "Minor League" team?

Sort of --- they play indoor football, but it's not the same thing as arena football (the AFL holds a patent on several things specific to the game it invented).

There's no question that af2 is a higher-level league than the one the Horsemen play in, plus the fact that the AFL owns af2 means af2 players have a better chance of moving up. Louisville has had a team in af2 since 2001, the Louisville Fire, which plays its season and home openers tonight.

http://af2.com/
Personally I think that arena football is stupid. I really see no point in it. If the Expo Center got one then yea, some people would go watch. Anything to get out of the house in Eastern Kentucky would draw crowds.

thetribe Wrote:Personally I think that arena football is stupid. I really see no point in it. If the Expo Center got one then yea, some people would go watch. Anything to get out of the house in Eastern Kentucky would draw crowds.

I agree, Arena Football is pretty pointless. I don't think that it would last at the Expo Center at all. It may be popular for a few games, but if it can't do well in Lexington(which is considerably larger than Pikeville) how is it going to last in eastern KY?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I heard at the 15th Region Tourney that they were talking about either an Arena Football team or a CBA which is semi-pro basketball. Both would defnintely draw big crowds.
I don't see how the CBA or Arena Football thinks the economy of East Kentucky can support a professional team.
In Huntignton we have a AF2 team. The Huntington Heroes.

Most of the team is from Marshall.

Even in an area as big as the Tri-State they barely fill up 2,000 seats on a good night. Great fun to watch though.
-STATS- Wrote:I heard at the 15th Region Tourney that they were talking about either an Arena Football team or a CBA which is semi-pro basketball. Both would defnintely draw big crowds.
I disagree.
Arena football would be cool, but I'd rather see the CBA come to pikeville.
I whould love to Have a afl2 football in pikeville that whould be awsome!
It would be great to have a team in Pikeville but I odnt think it will happen or can happen. The economy is just not there for this to happen.
Arena Football is really fun to watch
I don't think arena football would make it around here. Just like with the proposed CBA team, I think there would have to be some strong local connections to get people to go to the games. Have some ex-UK players or possibly some former high school stars from the surrounding area. I just don't think that many people will go to see a bunch of guys they've never heard of play a sport (indoor football) they know nothing about.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]