Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jirsa fired as Marshall's men's basketball coach
Let's face it, he just couldn't produce. I don't know that Marshall's basketball program will ever be even close to the top, but they certainly can't get any worse. What is everyone's opinion? Heard any rumors about replacements??? I heard possibly one of Florida's assisstant coaches.
Tubby Smith would make a great coach at Marshall.:beg:
DevilsWin Wrote:Tubby Smith would make a great coach at Marshall.:beg:

Smile
DevilsWin Wrote:Tubby Smith would make a great coach at Marshall.:beg:

YES, YES, YES :Clap:
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Let's face it, he just couldn't produce. I don't know that Marshall's basketball program will ever be even close to the top, but they certainly can't get any worse. What is everyone's opinion? Heard any rumors about replacements??? I heard possibly one of Florida's assisstant coaches.

If Marshall can somehow get a program to the level of conference foe UAB they could contend for 2nd place in C-USA, I dont see Memphis losing their dominance at least as long as Calipari is there. WSAZ reported last night names floating around the rumor mill were John Pelphrey of South Alabama, Donnie Jones of Florida, and Gregg Marshall of Winthrop all 3 coaches were Marshall assistants at one point.
Gregg Marshall should be voted coach of the year,,getting a ranking of 25th for Winthrop was super great.Marshall should go after him.He was at Marshall.