•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2018
footballfever Wrote:I’m not sure if parents like them or not but there haven’t been any parents chase them around the field with a bat!

Lol
I would have loved to been there...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
footballfever Wrote:I’m not sure if parents like them or not but there haven’t been any parents chase them around the field with a bat!

That's what you call an isolated incident.
on a side note I think Whitley has around 23 or 24 seniors this year and about 21 or 22 juniors.

If you have the many guys out, it's about development.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:on a side note I think Whitley has around 23 or 24 seniors this year and about 21 or 22 juniors.

If you have the many guys out, it's about development.

What can be done to develop the talent that's not being done right now? :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's what you call an isolated incident.

Is that ole boy still coaching or did he give it up?
footballfever Wrote:Is that ole boy still coaching or did he give it up?

I would give it up if a crazy lady chased me with a baseball bat...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:I would give it up if a crazy lady chased me with a baseball bat...
Trash like that is what is wrong with the Whitley County school system and athletics.
pjdoug Wrote:Trash like that is what is wrong with the Whitley County school system and athletics.

It was an isolated incident! Anyone hear how the Colonels doing at camp?
footballfever Wrote:It was an isolated incident! Anyone hear how the Colonels doing at camp?

The one that started the incident is still around though?
pjdoug Wrote:The one that started the incident is still around though?

The coach, the parent didn’t like,is still around or the parent ,who didn’t like the coach, is still around?
Any word on camp?
footballfever Wrote:The coach, the parent didn’t like,is still around or the parent ,who didn’t like the coach, is still around?
Any word on camp?

I wasn't referring to the coach if you're talking about the same incident I'm thinking of Smile. I haven't heard much lately from Colonels Camp.
footballfever Wrote:Is that ole boy still coaching or did he give it up?

A little birdy told me he might get a coaching job in the same county but not coaching boysConfusedhh:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A little birdy told me he might get a coaching job in the same county but not coaching boysConfusedhh:

I'm surprised batwoman didn't get the job :Shaking:
pjdoug Wrote:I wasn't referring to the coach if you're talking about the same incident I'm thinking of Smile. I haven't heard much lately from Colonels Camp.

Must be exciting times in Whitley County football when we are talking about a crazy woman with a baseball bat and Daniel Boone in football thread. What else is there to hear? Whitley will have a 6-4 record and lose before the regional championship?
Hound05 Wrote:Must be exciting times in Whitley County football when we are talking about a crazy woman with a baseball bat and Daniel Boone in football thread. What else is there to hear? Whitley will have a 6-4 record and lose before the regional championship?

All that craziness and it's still better than claiming you got 5 titles when you got 3.
Those two titles are more mythical than moms with baseball bats.

Before you hit me with the "at least we got titles" line keep in mind the last one happened 36 years ago.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A little birdy told me he might get a coaching job in the same county but not coaching boysConfusedhh:

:Shaking: only at Whitley Co.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm surprised batwoman didn't get the job :Shaking:

Confusednicker:
Don't blame that woman for the failures of Whitley sports, blame that daddy ball that has ran off more talent than anyone could ever imagine. The one thing those daddy's had in common is all their sons had losing high school careers.
Hound05 Wrote:Must be exciting times in Whitley County football when we are talking about a crazy woman with a baseball bat and Daniel Boone in football thread. What else is there to hear? Whitley will have a 6-4 record and lose before the regional championship?
There's plenty to hear. open up your ears and listen Smile
cherokee Wrote:Don't blame that woman for the failures of Whitley sports, blame that daddy ball that has ran off more talent than anyone could ever imagine. The one thing those daddy's had in common is all their sons had losing high school careers.

I'm sure a lot of them "know" her. It's sad that at least some of them couldn't skip from town to town living vicariously through their sons and get a runner up trophy so they could strut like a little bantam rooster.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:All that craziness and it's still better than claiming you got 5 titles when you got 3.
Those two titles are more mythical than moms with baseball bats.

Before you hit me with the "at least we got titles" line keep in mind the last one happened 36 years ago.

And Whitley’s was when??
Whitley won there scrimmage against Pulaski last night from what I was told. No details.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley won there scrimmage against Pulaski last night from what I was told. No details.

Go Colonels!
cherokee Wrote:Don't blame that woman for the failures of Whitley sports, blame that daddy ball that has ran off more talent than anyone could ever imagine. The one thing those daddy's had in common is all their sons had losing high school careers.

Just curious about this daddy ball. Coach Campbell didn’t have a son. Coach Black didn’t have a son and Coach Chappell has kids in elementary school. So where does this daddy ball come in for football?
footballfever Wrote:Just curious about this daddy ball. Coach Campbell didn’t have a son. Coach Black didn’t have a son and Coach Chappell has kids in elementary school. So where does this daddy ball come in for football?

I’m gonna assume he meant politics not daddy ball. Could be wrong though. I have seen a lot of talent wasted at Whitley either way
Hound05 Wrote:I’m gonna assume he meant politics not daddy ball. Could be wrong though. I have seen a lot of talent wasted at Whitley either way

Who, when. Corbin has had kids transfer in from Whitley, Knox, Laurel and many other places. They’ve pissed away more talent than anyone in the state, many their own. As PJ says all they can do is beat your chest and say we are better than you. Corbin has great facilities, money, community town support but it the last 35 years Bell , Middlesboro, Pulaski, Hazard, Pikeville, Johnson Central, Belfry and Wburg have accomplished more. Maybe this is the year you get over the hump. The quest for whatever number it is.

I think it’s sad you think kids that win more games makes them better sons and daddy’s better dads. But that’s just me.
Hound05 Wrote:I’m gonna assume he meant politics not daddy ball. Could be wrong though. I have seen a lot of talent wasted at Whitley either way
I've seen a lot of talent wasted too. What can be done to stop the wasteful ways?
footballfever Wrote:Who, when. Corbin has had kids transfer in from Whitley, Knox, Laurel and many other places. They’ve pissed away more talent than anyone in the state, many their own. As PJ says all they can do is beat your chest and say we are better than you. Corbin has great facilities, money, community town support but it the last 35 years Bell , Middlesboro, Pulaski, Hazard, Pikeville, Johnson Central, Belfry and Wburg have accomplished more. Maybe this is the year you get over the hump. The quest for whatever number it is.
There are some chest thumpers on here for sure, but I can't think of a single reason that any of the teams that you just listed should be better than Whitley County. Can you? What do they have that we don't have?
footballfever Wrote:I think it’s sad you think kids that win more games makes them better sons and daddy’s better dads. But that’s just me.

I fully agree with you on that.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next