•  Previous
  • 17(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 2018
footballfever Wrote:Who, when. Corbin has had kids transfer in from Whitley, Knox, Laurel and many other places. They’ve pissed away more talent than anyone in the state, many their own. As PJ says all they can do is beat your chest and say we are better than you. Corbin has great facilities, money, community town support but it the last 35 years Bell , Middlesboro, Pulaski, Hazard, Pikeville, Johnson Central, Belfry and Wburg have accomplished more. Maybe this is the year you get over the hump. The quest for whatever number it is.

The difference is that those kids would’ve been standing on the sidelines. That’s the waste. Coming up short isn’t wasting kids when they’re getting a chance to play in the game. Mark it down, Corbin will win another one soon. What lies will you tell the kids you’re trying to surround your son with then? That’s what the truth is. You guys at these county schools will tell certain kids anything they want to hear just so they can stand on the sideline and watch your sons play in the places they should be starting. That way baby boy doesn’t have to play against them.
I’m finally sold on Haddixs ability. Whitley, Knox, Bell, North, and South can’t measure up to the Redhounds. Must suck knowing this and not being able to do anything about it.
HighViz Wrote:I’m finally sold on Haddixs ability. Whitley, Knox, Bell, North, and South can’t measure up to the Redhounds. Must suck knowing this and not being able to do anything about it.

Must suck knowing how lame you are
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The difference is that those kids would’ve been standing on the sidelines. That’s the waste. Coming up short isn’t wasting kids when they’re getting a chance to play in the game. Mark it down, Corbin will win another one soon. What lies will you tell the kids you’re trying to surround your son with then? That’s what the truth is. You guys at these county schools will tell certain kids anything they want to hear just so they can stand on the sideline and watch your sons play in the places they should be starting. That way baby boy doesn’t have to play against them.

Geez. It’s just the opposite. You all tell these parents and kids to come to corbin and you’ll win a state championship. 35 years later the brad Lawson’s and jarrod Lawson’s are still without that state championship. Corbin has pissed away more talent over last 35 years than any school in the state.
And my son and I did just fine and are doing just fine..
footballfever Wrote:Geez. It’s just the opposite. You all tell these parents and kids to come to corbin and you’ll win a state championship. 35 years later the brad Lawson’s and jarrod Lawson’s are still without that state championship. Corbin has pissed away more talent over last 35 years than any school in the state.

1. Mike Campbell was the reason both of those boys left Whitley county. Nobody had to go knocking on their doors.
2. Ask either of them if they regret coming to Corbin. I can guarantee you that they’ll tell you, your son, and any of the kids who played with him that it was a great move for them. They’re better off for it.
3. Of course you and your boy did just fine. You are most likely in the good ole boy network, therefore little jimmy was taken care of.
It’s the kids who should’ve started and didn’t who got the raw deal.
4. You all keep doing County things, Corbin will keep reaping the benefits.
5. Corbin hasn’t wasted anything. The talent is on the field. The same cannot be said for the county schools.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:1. Mike Campbell was the reason both of those boys left Whitley county. Nobody had to go knocking on their doors.
2. Ask either of them if they regret coming to Corbin. I can guarantee you that they’ll tell you, your son, and any of the kids who played with him that it was a great move for them. They’re better off for it.
3. Of course you and your boy did just fine. You are most likely in the good ole boy network, therefore little jimmy was taken care of.
5. Corbin hasn’t wasted anything. The talent is on the field. The same cannot be said for the county schools.

I agree with 1, 2, parts of 3 all of 4 and parts of 5. Can you believe that?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:1. Mike Campbell was the reason both of those boys left Whitley county. Nobody had to go knocking on their doors.

Number 1 wasn't quarterback friendly either.
pjdoug Wrote:I agree with 1, 2, parts of 3 all of 4 and parts of 5. Can you believe that?

Honestly PJDoug, I think we’re more alike than different. We would probably get along if we knew each other. Probably have some pretty good laughs too. The biggest difference is that I’m a die hard Redhound and you’re a die hard Colonel. Which I can respect.
pjdoug Wrote:Number 1 wasn't quarterback friendly either.

It’s funny with him because imho he built the program to the best it had ever been, but in the end he ran it into the ground. I think he is simultaneously one of the best things to ever happen to that program and one of the worst.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Honestly PJDoug, I think we’re more alike than different. We would probably get along if we knew each other. Probably have some pretty good laughs too. The biggest difference is that I’m a die hard Redhound and you’re a die hard Colonel. Which I can respect.

I agree with that too. I might not agree with anything tomorrow. lol
Single Wing 77 Wrote:It’s funny with him because imho he built the program to the best it had ever been, but in the end he ran it into the ground. I think he is simultaneously one of the best things to ever happen to that program and one of the worst.

He RIUTG too much. 2nd and 1 or 4th and 25 it was RIUTG. The best coach Whitley County has ever had never coached at the high school level.
pjdoug Wrote:He RIUTG too much. 2nd and 1 or 4th and 25 it was RIUTG. The best coach Whitley County has ever had never coached at the high school level.

Who was it?
footballfever Wrote:Geez. It’s just the opposite. You all tell these parents and kids to come to corbin and you’ll win a state championship. 35 years later the brad Lawson’s and jarrod Lawson’s are still without that state championship. Corbin has pissed away more talent over last 35 years than any school in the state.

Did you ever play for a state championship, how bout your boy? We only talk about State Championships on here but how many region championships has Corbin won I honestly don’t know but I guarantee it’s more than whatever school your affiliated with. You got something to say come on with it, otherwise quit trying to hijack every thread Corbin is mentioned in, your starting to act like a jealous ex girlfriend!!
chs crazy Wrote:Did you ever play for a state championship, how bout your boy? We only talk about State Championships on here but how many region championships has Corbin won I honestly don’t know but I guarantee it’s more than whatever school your affiliated with. You got something to say come on with it, otherwise quit trying to hijack every thread Corbin is mentioned in, your starting to act like a jealous ex girlfriend!!
:HitWall: :zzz:
The colonels were really bad tonight. Trying to use 3 quarterbacks is a joke . Pick 1 kid to play it and either sink or swim with him. They was a good quarterback in 8th grade last year use him that way you get 4 years .
PETE THE GURU Wrote:The colonels were really bad tonight. Trying to use 3 quarterbacks is a joke . Pick 1 kid to play it and either sink or swim with him. They was a good quarterback in 8th grade last year use him that way you get 4 years .
is he still at Whitley County? lol
PETE THE GURU Wrote:The colonels were really bad tonight. Trying to use 3 quarterbacks is a joke . Pick 1 kid to play it and either sink or swim with him. They was a good quarterback in 8th grade last year use him that way you get 4 years .

Being a good quarterback in 8th Grade and being ready to perform in a high school game against 18 and 19 year boys at 15 is big task to ask of a kid. The Graham kid looked good when he had the chance. I think they was al little jittery last night.
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)