Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeks Named Freshman All-America
Kentucky freshman guard Jodie Meeks has been named to the Collegeinsider.com Freshman All-America team as announced by the organization. Meeks has been the Wildcats top player off the bench this season averaging 8.5 points while shooting 89 percent from the free throw line.
The freshman from Norcross, Ga. has averaged 13.3 points per game in the Wildcats last six games and has been named the SEC Freshman of the Week three times this season.
He was also named to the SEC Coaches’ Freshman All-SEC team.
The Collegeinsider.com Freshmen All-America team is one team consisting of 16 players. Division I coaches and NBA scouts are part of the selection process for the Collegeinsider.com Freshman All-America team.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&..._well_id=2

This has been the lone brite spot for the UK basketball team all season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Congrats to Jodie. He is going to be awesome by the time he is done at UK. Just the first step for him.
WOO! Go Meeks! This guy is my favorite player for Kentucky. I love watching him play now, and it just excites me to know how much better he will get.
Wow this is awesome! Congrats Jodie, we've got us a good one!
And if you think about it, he is included with some great company, with Durant, Oden and a whole lot of others. But those two stick out the most.
Congratulations Jodie! He had a great year and really deserved this. Now all we need is another solid recruiting class to go build around. If we don't get Patterson or Lucas, I see a lot more 10 loss season in the near future!
Congrats to him.
Love watching him play!
He really deserves it!
this guy is the real deal. him stevenson and jasper are going to do big things in the future i know it
He has a bright future ahead of him. I met him the other day at the mall. Excellent player!