Poll: Who is better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LeBron James
60.71%
Kobe Bryant
39.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe or LeBron?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well, how about this? Won't you agree that Kobe and the Lakers have more talent than the Cavaliers?

Kobe has weapons like Gasol, Bynum, Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, Derek Fisher, etc. LeBron has Mo Williams, Ilgauskas, and a bunch of role players. Yet, the Cavs have failed to stumble thus far in the playoffs and the Lakers are in a pretty heated battle with the Rockets.

You mentioned another thing that LeBron does better than Kobe for me; the ability to initiate that good team chemistry that we're seeing out of the Cavs this season. Kobe, as we have seen, has much trouble doing that. The Cleveland chemistry is what has lead to their success. Why do they have such great chemistry? Because, of LeBron.

Why do you continue to bring up Bynum? He doesn't even start and isn't that good. Ariza is a role player just like most of the Cavs players are and so is Fisher & Bynum. Kobe & Gasol are the only standouts on the Laker team.

Again, the Cavs are playing in the WEAK east. Put the Cavs up against the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, Suns, Mavs, Blazers, Spurs, etc. and I'm almost certain they wouldn't even be able to win but maybe one series.

LeBron can only take the Cavs so far, but since the Celtics are without Garnett, the Cavs will more than likely defeat them in the eastern conference finals and whoever they play in the NBA finals, they will lose to, because they don't have near enough talent to withstand many western conference teams such as the ones I mentioned above.

And to say that Kobe has much trouble creating team chemistry is hilarious.

Please take the time to watch the Lakers tonight.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Why do you continue to bring up Bynum? He doesn't even start and isn't that good. Ariza is a role player just like most of the Cavs players are and so is Fisher & Bynum. Kobe & Gasol are the only standouts on the Laker team.

Again, the Cavs are playing in the WEAK east. Put the Cavs up against the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, Suns, Mavs, Blazers, Spurs, etc. and I'm almost certain they wouldn't even be able to win but maybe one series.

LeBron can only take the Cavs so far, but since the Celtics are without Garnett, the Cavs will more than likely defeat them in the eastern conference finals and whoever they play in the NBA finals, they will lose to, because they don't have near enough talent to withstand many western conference teams such as the ones I mentioned above.

And to say that Kobe has much trouble creating team chemistry is hilarious.

Please take the time to watch the Lakers tonight.

They had some nice chemistry in Game 4 against the Rockets, no?

Face it, LeBron has simply passed Kobe this season. This does not mean LeBron will have a better career than Kobe or that LeBron will win more titles than Kobe. I'm just saying that LeBron is now a better basketball player than Kobe and will continue to be in the future.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:They had some nice chemistry in Game 4 against the Rockets, no?

Face it, LeBron has simply passed Kobe this season. This does not mean LeBron will have a better career than Kobe or that LeBron will win more titles than Kobe. I'm just saying that LeBron is now a better basketball player than Kobe and will continue to be in the future.

The Rockets come out with nothing to lose in the 1st quarter of that game and scored like 20 points in the first 5 minutes of that game. They simply couldn't miss. That put the Lakers in an early hole and they could not fight their way back into that game.

LeBron is **** good, but he still has his weaknesses (see my first post on this page) therefore I do not think that he is better than Kobe right now. He may be the better player in the next 5 years, but right now Kobe is still the face of the NBA.

Dwayne Wade reminds me a lot of Kobe when Kobe was younger, but Wade still has his weaknesses, but like James, he will only continue to improve.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Again, the Cavs are playing in the WEAK east. Put the Cavs up against the Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, Suns, Mavs, Blazers, Spurs, etc. and I'm almost certain they wouldn't even be able to win but maybe one series.

You've got to be kidding me. The only team that I could see beating the Cavs in a series are the Nuggets.

I know your post wasn't in my direction, but the Lakers are struggling right now against the Rockets, without their best player. Kobe is definitely a great player, but LeBron is better than Kobe in every aspect of the game, except his shooting, which I believe has improved greatly over his short NBA career and will only continue to get better. Bottom line is LeBron is a freak, there isn't another human on Earth that is like him, and there may never be someone like him ever again.
blackcat Wrote:You've got to be kidding me. The only team that I could see beating the Cavs in a series are the Nuggets.

I know your post wasn't in my direction, but the Lakers are struggling right now against the Rockets, without their best player. Kobe is definitely a great player, but LeBron is better than Kobe in every aspect of the game, except his shooting, which I believe has improved greatly over his short NBA career and will only continue to get better. Bottom line is LeBron is a freak, there isn't another human on Earth that is like him, and there may never be someone like him ever again.

Yeah, LeBron is a freak of nature but his game isn't as well-rounded as Kobe's. Like you said, Kobe is a better shooter. Kobe can also do everything LeBron can. LeBron finishes better around the rim, but I just don't think that LeBron is better than Kobe.
LEBRON is better
they're both great no doubt but lebron has his team playing better with less. i tell you that its a ton harder to stop lebron than kobe. only way kobe is better is when he is in kobe mode shooting the daylights out of the ball but the difference lebron if struggling will drive and yoke on anyone out there straight up.
Lebron
I will have to pick LEBRON.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Kobe Bryant on buzzard beaters i was unable to find, but ive seen him hit his fair share, search game 4 or 5 of the 2006 playoffs
I voted for LeBron. What I really want to know is what beating buzzards has to do with basketball? I know buzzards are ugly, but that isn't a reason to beat them. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:I voted for LeBron. What I really want to know is what beating buzzards has to do with basketball? I know buzzards are ugly, but that isn't a reason to beat them. :biggrin:

haha...classic
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think that Kobe is the best player in the NBA.

I completely agree, Kobe is the BEST player in the NBA.
I have to go with LeBron James.
Man if LeBron would have made his free throws down the stretch the Cavs probably would have won.

Advantage=KOBE
Kobe without a doubt, he has more experience and can hit any shot under pressure and is 10 times more clutch than Lebron ever thought about being. Kobe has 3 rings (getting ready to be 4) when Lebron has yet to get one and i doubt him winning even one.
I can't believe this thread is still going. Kobe hands down. Simple fact is Lebron is at home WATCHING the finals and Kobe is playing in and is going to WIN the finals! period.
^ Smile
LaBron and I ain't shackin hands with nobody either. :High5:
Still saying Kobe and I think he is proving it.
K_Mac Wrote:Still saying Kobe and I think he is proving it.

Kobe is playing great right now.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Kobe is playing great right now.

Thanks. Kobe is an excellent player and a great leader. And he is playing with a passion for the game and the desire to win right now.
TheRealVille Wrote:I voted for LeBron. What I really want to know is what beating buzzards has to do with basketball? I know buzzards are ugly, but that isn't a reason to beat them. :biggrin:

How did I miss this??? Absolute Classic RealVille!!!:worthy:
Shooter - it is a tie.
Reb- James
***- James
getting his team mates to play behide them- Kobe
Championships- Kobe

So i would say it is a TIE.............
cj2561 Wrote:Shooter - it is a tie.
Reb- James
***- James
Championships- Kobe

:lmao:
Kobe.
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
cj2561 Wrote:Shooter - it is a tie.
Reb- James
***- James
Championships- Kobe

im going to have to have to disagree.
Shooting - Def. in Kobe's favor. Putting the scales in Kobe's favor by your calculatons.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Man if LeBron would have made his free throws down the stretch the Cavs probably would have won.

Advantage=KOBE

Same could go for Kobe in game 2 of the finals.

Lebron is 24, with one MVP.
Kobe is 31, with one MVP.

Kobe has about 7yrs. more experience than Lebron. When Kobe was 24, he wasn't even thought about winning an MVP. Yes, Kobe will probably get his 4th title this year, but it will be his first as THE MAN (main man on his team). Kobe is playing in the finals while Lebron is sitting at home. But, if the Lakers had Lebron instead of Kobe, they would be just as good or better. Put Kobe with the Cavs and see what he does. Not near as much talent on the Cavs as their is on the Lakers.

Just think about 3 or 4 yrs. from now, when Lebron's game continues to grow, will we even be talking about this comparison.

Kobe has about 3 good years left. And Lamar Odom is a free agent, so.

Lebron is a inside scoring prescence away from being unbeliveable. Zydrunas is old and Ben Wallace is not near what he used to be. Look for Lebron to get him some help this offseason.

At age 24, I'd take Lebron.

Since Lebron got MVP, I'll take Lebron. Yeah, he didnt win the finals, but yeah neither did Kobe when he got MVP. Kobe had some trouble getting to the playoffs and past the first round, after Shaq left.

SO, I gotta take Lebron.
Kobe.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Same could go for Kobe in game 2 of the finals.

Kobe has about 7yrs. more experience than Lebron. When Kobe was 24, he wasn't even thought about winning an MVP. Yes, Kobe will probably get his 4th title this year, but it will be his first as THE MAN (main man on his team). Kobe is playing in the finals while Lebron is sitting at home. But, if the Lakers had Lebron instead of Kobe, they would be just as good or better. Put Kobe with the Cavs and see what he does. Not near as much talent on the Cavs as their is on the Lakers.

Just think about 3 or 4 yrs. from now, when Lebron's game continues to grow, will we even be talking about this comparison.

Lebron is a inside scoring prescence away from being unbeliveable. Zydrunas is old and Ben Wallace is not near what he used to be. Look for Lebron to get him some help this offseason.

Since Lebron got MVP, I'll take Lebron. Yeah, he didnt win the finals, but yeah neither did Kobe when he got MVP. Kobe had some trouble getting to the playoffs and past the first round, after Shaq left.

SO, I gotta take Lebron.

Great post!
uhavenoidea Wrote:Same could go for Kobe in game 2 of the finals.

SO, I gotta take Lebron.

I've said it a million times, Kobe is the better player right now. Even the guys at ESPN & TNT are saying that they would take Kobe over LeBron. Only reason why half think LeBron is better is because they hate Kobe. The other half think LeBron is better because he has better stats. Therefore LeBron & Kobe play totally different roles and Kobe plays on a much better team. So comparing stats mean nothing.

As for what I bolded above... Did you know that the Cavs have more NBA All-Stars on their roster than the Los Angeles Lakers? Don't the Cavs have a 2-time defensive player of the year on their team as well? You all can say what you want about Ben Wallace because he is still that player, but a terrible coaching job was done by Mike Brown in the Eastern Conference Finals because he was not used nearly as much as he should have been. I will agree that Big Z is a washed up NBA center that needs to consider thinking about retiring though.

The Cavs have a really good team, not as good as the Lakers, but a team good enough to win as many as they won last season and contend for another NBA championship.

Now I've already argued all I can argue, because I'm done talking Kobe & LeBron.