Poll: Who is better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LeBron James
60.71%
Kobe Bryant
39.29%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe or LeBron?
This is an easy decision, Kobe Bryant, hands down. There isn't even a comparison. Kobe is one of the mot clutch players in the NBA, with 10 seconds to go, Kobe is the better player when it counts. There is only one player whose hands i rather the ball be in with 10 seconds to go and thats Ray Allen. But as far as the question Kobe or Lebron, the answer is Kobe, he has proven himself way too many times and has way more experience.
K_Mac Wrote:This is an easy decision, Kobe Bryant, hands down. There isn't even a comparison. Kobe is one of the mot clutch players in the NBA, with 10 seconds to go, Kobe is the better player when it counts. There is only one player whose hands i rather the ball be in with 10 seconds to go and thats Ray Allen. But as far as the question Kobe or Lebron, the answer is Kobe, he has proven himself way too many times and has way more experience.

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn Lebron = MVP!!! It's kind of hard to argue that!!! Confusedhh:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote::thatsfunn :thatsfunn Lebron = MVP!!! It's kind of hard to argue that!!! Confusedhh:

:thatsfunn :dontthink i dont think kobe or lebron deserved it, but whatever, the nba needs an icon and its lebron thats why he won the mvp instead of dwayne wade
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:You need to do a little more research because Lebron has had quite a few buzzer beaters in previous years. And If you think D-wade is the best out of the three, you oviously don't watch much b ball.

you obviously just watch the highlights on espn the next day and are amazed by the 8 of the top 10 plays with lebron on them,. :flame: he makes a layup and there like LEBRON JAMES WITH THE LAYUP
Wildcatk23 Wrote:you obviously just watch the highlights on espn the next day and are amazed by the 8 of the top 10 plays with lebron on them,. :flame: he makes a layup and there like LEBRON JAMES WITH THE LAYUP

You're exactly right!!! He is a human highlight reel, so from now on they need to just name it "LEBRON'S TOP 10 PLAYS OF THE WEEK"
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:You're exactly right!!! He is a human highlight reel, so from now on they need to just name it "LEBRON'S TOP 10 PLAYS OF THE WEEK"

Thats how the nba wants it, they want lebron to win a nba championship so bad that he averages more freethrows then teams, its crazy, yea hes a great ball player, but wade clearly had a better season and should have been the mvp, but everyone is stuck on lebron james,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Thats how the nba wants it, they want lebron to win a nba championship so bad that he averages more freethrows then teams, its crazy, yea hes a great ball player, but wade clearly had a better season and should have been the mvp, but everyone is stuck on lebron james,

:thatsfunn If you weren't from MC I would call you crazy, but since your I saw your location, I understand!!! :lmao:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote::thatsfunn If you weren't from MC I would call you crazy, but since your I saw your location, I understand!!! :lmao:

or maybe your just trying to make it personal because im completely owning you in a post war?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:or maybe your just trying to make it personal because im completely owning you in a post war?

Post war?? If you want the honor than take it, but I think everyone knows and thinks that your crazy for saying Wade had the better season then L'Bron!! Lebron has the best record in basketball, still has his team in contention for a championship, so please explain how Wade had the better season??:please:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Post war?? If you want the honor than take it, but I think everyone knows and thinks that your crazy for saying Wade had the better season then L'Bron!! Lebron has the best record in basketball, still has his team in contention for a championship, so please explain how Wade had the better season??:please:

listen to what you just said, GOD PLS LET YOU LISTEN TO WHAT YOU JUST SAID, his team, LEBRONS TEAM, cavs have a very good team with mo williams and west along side lebron, who does wade have? rookie beasley? look at the stats and tell me who is better
Wildcatk23 Wrote:listen to what you just said, GOD PLS LET YOU LISTEN TO WHAT YOU JUST SAID, his team, LEBRONS TEAM, cavs have a very good team with mo williams and west along side lebron, who does wade have? rookie beasley? look at the stats and tell me who is better

Since your the foolish one by saying this then I think you should take a look and tell me what you think?? There's absolutly no comparison, especially in the post season when KING JAMES shines the most!!!! :biggrin:
Lebron James.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Since your the foolish one by saying this then I think you should take a look and tell me what you think?? There's absolutly no comparison, especially in the post season when KING JAMES shines the most!!!! :biggrin:

ive already told everyone what i think with my post of this seasons stats, wade had the better season hands down, the only area that lebron beat him in was rebounds foul shots and HIS TEAM HAVING MORE WINS, and the mvp doesnt go buy the post season, thats like crowning wade a mvp after he won the heats first championship and a finals mvp .:worthy:
DWade, is a great player but L.James, is the most dominate player in the league period, he just overpowers who ever is guarding him. Hands down MVP!!!!!!!!
I think that Kobe is the best player in the NBA.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think that Kobe is the best player in the NBA.

He was before this season. I think we all know who that title goes to now (the King).
Wildcatk23 Wrote:ive already told everyone what i think with my post of this seasons stats, wade had the better season hands down, the only area that lebron beat him in was rebounds foul shots and HIS TEAM HAVING MORE WINS, and the mvp doesnt go buy the post season, thats like crowning wade a mvp after he won the heats first championship and a finals mvp .:worthy:
james-28.4 PPG/7.6 REB/7.2 Assist Cavs 66-16
wade-30.2 PPG/5.0 REB/7.5 Assist Heat 43-39
james only has 3 other people scoring in double digits while wade has 5. it just comes down to defense. so i hate when people say james has a better team as far as players cause they don't they just play awesome with each other and james keeps them together.
YOU CAN'T GIVE MVP TROPHY TO SOMEONE WHO BARELY HAS A .500 RECORD
zaga_fan Wrote:I think it's funny that 6 foot-nothing derek fisher knocked that guy on his back myself

and I think the NBA should give Kobe a bonus for elbowing Artest. He needs somebody to put him in his place.

and Kobe is better than Lebron right now. If they both make it to the finals we'll see why.
Yeah he does need put in his place but Kobe sure cant do it it looked like. He wanted no part of Artest when he came at Kobe he just raised his hands up. But of the 3 i'd take Lebron anyday.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:or maybe your just trying to make it personal because im completely owning you in a post war?

You aren't owning anybody lol but you are making a fool of yourself.:Thumbs:
Lets keep posts on-topic! There is another thread about Wade & Lebron.
beasy_bo Wrote:james-28.4 PPG/7.6 REB/7.2 Assist Cavs 66-16
wade-30.2 PPG/5.0 REB/7.5 Assist Heat 43-39
james only has 3 other people scoring in double digits while wade has 5. it just comes down to defense. so i hate when people say james has a better team as far as players cause they don't they just play awesome with each other and james keeps them together.
YOU CAN'T GIVE MVP TROPHY TO SOMEONE WHO BARELY HAS A .500 RECORD

he dont have 5, he has 4 with beasly,chalmers,oneal, and that other guy, lebron has allstar mo williams, west, and the weird name guy, AND ITS NOT MOST VALUABLE TEAM, ITS MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, Ok let me ask you a question, if they would of had the same record who would u have gave ur mvp 2?

so your saying the cavs would be a .500 team with wade?
for this to be a Lebron/Kobe thread....
D Wade shows up a lot lol
zaga_fan Wrote:for this to be a Lebron/Kobe thread....
D Wade shows up a lot lol

Sorry Smile
Lebron is the best player in the league, maybe the best player ever. Anyone who disagrees, simply does not know basketball.
blackcat Wrote:Lebron is the best player in the league, maybe the best player ever. Anyone who disagrees, simply does not know basketball.

I beg to differ.

I do believe that he is a superstar and probably will go down as one of the greatest, but I do not think that he is the best player in the league. He still has weaknesses and thats with his jumper, his freethrows obviously. But his ball control and careless mistakes he makes, in the clutch and when they are leading or not leading. Alot of times, he gets stuck in the air with nothing to do. He gambles alot on D. But he gets alot of breakaways.

The only two currently active players that have perfected the game is Kobe Bryant & Tim Duncan. The two can do anything when its needed and it shows because both have the rings to prove so. Both are clutch, they can finish with finesse & flash, can shoot, and no one can stop either. I'm not saying that Lebron isn't unstoppable, but he still needs to improve before anyone can say that he is the best player in the league.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I beg to differ.

I do believe that he is a superstar and probably will go down as one of the greatest, but I do not think that he is the best player in the league. He still has weaknesses and thats with his jumper, his freethrows obviously. But his ball control and careless mistakes he makes, in the clutch and when they are leading or not leading. Alot of times, he gets stuck in the air with nothing to do. He gambles alot on D. But he gets alot of breakaways.

The only two currently active players that have perfected the game is Kobe Bryant & Tim Duncan. The two can do anything when its needed and it shows because both have the rings to prove so. Both are clutch, they can finish with finesse & flash, can shoot, and no one can stop either. I'm not saying that Lebron isn't unstoppable, but he still needs to improve before anyone can say that he is the best player in the league.

I normally agree with things you say, but on this one you are all wrong. I will agree that it is between Kobe and LeBron because both are amazing (even though Kobe is a complete prick) Tim Duncan is no where near a player who has "perfected" the game. He won those rings because he has an unbelievable coach, and he had a TON of help around him (Tony Parker, Manu, David Robinson, Sean Elliott, etc.) Kobe and LeBron have taken teams deep with virtually no help, especially LeBron. Kobe had a great team and wanted them all gone so he could have the spotlight. LeBron has never had any help with the exception of a few role players this year, and has been to the East finals and the NBA finals, and could win a ring this year. I'm not saying Duncan isn't a good player, but he is nowhere near the same league as Kobe and LeBron. And to say any player has "perfected" the game is completely false, because there is only one player, and probably only the only one that will ever perfect the game, and that is the great Michael Jordan.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I beg to differ.

LeBron has passed Kobe this season and has passed him for good. Why?

- LeBron got his first MVP this year (that doesn't really matter though, right?)
- LeBron consistently gives all the numbers that Kobe doesn't (rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, etc.)
- Kobe needs two dominant big men to be an elite team (Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol); LeBron only needed Mo Williams.

Kobe is a hall-of-famer, no doubt one of the all time greats who will never be forgotten. The guy can make any shot.

But, LeBron has proven this year why he is ultimately a better player than Kobe. And of course, Cleveland's two first-round sweeps don't hurt either.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:LeBron has passed Kobe this season and has passed him for good. Why?

- LeBron got his first MVP this year (that doesn't really matter though, right?)
- LeBron consistently gives all the numbers that Kobe doesn't (rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, etc.)
- Kobe needs two dominant big men to be an elite team (Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol); LeBron only needed Mo Williams.

Kobe is a hall-of-famer, no doubt one of the all time greats who will never be forgotten. The guy can make any shot.

But, LeBron has proven this year why he is ultimately a better player than Kobe. And of course, Cleveland's two first-round sweeps don't hurt either.

Well said.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I normally agree with things you say, but on this one you are all wrong. I will agree that it is between Kobe and LeBron because both are amazing (even though Kobe is a complete prick) Tim Duncan is no where near a player who has "perfected" the game. He won those rings because he has an unbelievable coach, and he had a TON of help around him (Tony Parker, Manu, David Robinson, Sean Elliott, etc.) Kobe and LeBron have taken teams deep with virtually no help, especially LeBron. Kobe had a great team and wanted them all gone so he could have the spotlight. LeBron has never had any help with the exception of a few role players this year, and has been to the East finals and the NBA finals, and could win a ring this year. I'm not saying Duncan isn't a good player, but he is nowhere near the same league as Kobe and LeBron. And to say any player has "perfected" the game is completely false, because there is only one player, and probably only the only one that will ever perfect the game, and that is the great Michael Jordan.

I do think that both Kobe & Duncan have perfected the position they play. Both have played on some really great teams in the past and both are some of the NBA greatest players. Both have knocked down numerous shots to push their team past another for a victory and both have become leaders, such as a Michael Jordan.

LeBron does have a really good team around him as well, maybe not as good as those Spurs or Lakers teams, but a really good team with a few that have championship experience. Plus Cleveland has great team chemistry this season and is nearly impossible to defeat at home.

outdoorsman43 Wrote:LeBron has passed Kobe this season and has passed him for good. Why?

Bynum a dominate big man? Now thats hilarious! To be honest I would take Zydrunas Ilgauskas over Bynum. As for Gasol, he is one of the better big men in the league, but he is not dominant either. Neither of those two are in the same league such as Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Yao Ming, and a Kevin Garnett.

Look at who Cleveland has beaten. The eastern conference is really weak this season, heck even the below .500 Pistons made the playoffs. That speaks volumes on how weak the east currently is. Cleveland as a team has amazing team chemistry, but they will not face a team capable of defeating them until the eastern conference finals. So sweeping a few series mean little in the east.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Bynum a dominate big man? Now thats hilarious! To be honest I would take Zydrunas Ilgauskas over Bynum. As for Gasol, he is one of the better big men in the league, but he is not dominant either. Neither of those two are in the same league such as Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan, Shaq, Yao Ming, and a Kevin Garnett.

Look at who Cleveland has beaten. The eastern conference is really weak this season, heck even the below .500 Pistons made the playoffs. That speaks volumes on how weak the east currently is. Cleveland as a team has amazing team chemistry, but they will not face a team capable of defeating them until the eastern conference finals. So sweeping a few series mean little in the east.

Well, how about this? Won't you agree that Kobe and the Lakers have more talent than the Cavaliers?

Kobe has weapons like Gasol, Bynum, Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, Derek Fisher, etc. LeBron has Mo Williams, Ilgauskas, and a bunch of role players. Yet, the Cavs have failed to stumble thus far in the playoffs and the Lakers are in a pretty heated battle with the Rockets.

You mentioned another thing that LeBron does better than Kobe for me; the ability to initiate that good team chemistry that we're seeing out of the Cavs this season. Kobe, as we have seen, has much trouble doing that. The Cleveland chemistry is what has lead to their success. Why do they have such great chemistry? Because, of LeBron.