Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Counties Murton brothers WIN STATE WRESTLING TITLES
So far East Ky looks pretty good through the first two rounds.

Lawrence County had three in the tournament and two still remain.

At 135 Jacob Murston is 2-0 his brother Jarius at 145 is also 2-0 and Wesley Chaffin at 189 went 0-2. Looks like the Murton brothers might bring back two more state championships.

Go DAWGS.
Both Murton brothers win tonight for Lawrence County to advance to the state semi-finals. Lawrence County with only three members at state have moved up to 26th over all in team points.

Johnson Central is 17th and Sheldon Clark is 18th separated by .50 points.

Jacob will face Robert Smith of Eastern for a chance to advance to the championship against the winner of the Brandon Howard (Sheldon Clark) vs Mitch Ervin (Union County).

Jarius will face Austin Copper (Simon Kenton) for a chance to advance to the championship against the winner of the John Wolsiefer (Fern Creek) vs Chris Purcell (St. Xavier).

Hope both these boys bring back two more state championships.

GO MATDAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both Murton brothers win their semifinal matches to advace to the title match and a chance at another state championship.

Jacob beat Robert Smith of Eastern and will now face Brandon Howard of Sheldon Clark. One way or another this title is coming back to the mountains.

Jarius beat Austin Cooper of Simon Keaton and will now face Chris Purcell of St. Xavier.

I hope both will be able to bring the championship back to Lawrence County.

In the team points Sheldon Clark is up to 13th with 74.50 points while Johnson Central has fallen to 19th with 67.00 points and Lawrence County has moved up to 25th with 51 total points.

Way to go Murton brothers bring home those championships tonight. GO MATDAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to both Murton Brothers on winning STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR LAWRENCE COUNTY. Way to go.
good job
Congrats guys!
Way to go guys!
yea i think howard will beat murtin this year if they are in the same wheight class
someone said murtin is droping down 2 130 but i dont no if it is tru
Thats awesome congradulations.
Congrats.