Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Footbal Coach?
Job posting ended yeasterday(24th) Any news???
No news yet, please post when you find anything out.
Head - Greg Newsome
Ass. - Rodney Rowe
assistant
is this official tut-tut
If greg did get the head coaching job congrats he knows alot about the boys that will be playing he coached half of them
There has not been a coach hired at Shelby Valley!
tut-tut:please labels rumors and opinion as such!
Interviews will take place Tues with a site based meeting sometime following and a press conference expected Thursday or Friday
The applicants are Ben Howard, Anthony Hampton, Greg Newsome, Bobby Branham, and an unknown from out of state.
And south floyds Head Coach
I heard that Ben Howard was going to Letcher Central with his dad..... and i also heard Ben might be going to Pikeville
0% chance howard is coming to Pikeville...........Valley should have held onto Ratliff for a few more years
I have never heard of any of those coaches, but hopefully they will be able to help SV
I'm sorry but Bobby Branham is not even in the running for it and will not get it! Greg Napier is girls softball and basketball(15 regional champs) and he is not the coach of the football team. Don't know where you got Rondy Rowe as assistant and Greg head coach from? They will ether pick BEN HOWARD or ANTHONY HAMPTON
sorry to burst your bubble hear svhero74 but the head coach is goin to be greg newsome because fdj post poned the interviews again and now the ones you want are more than likely goin to another school from what ive heard
I heard from a real reliable sorce that Ben Howard is gonna be SV head coach.....And that Greg Newsome pulled his appilication to be Head Coach...... Thats a good thing, Because Greg I like ya but ur not HS coach matieral..... Stick to peewee and middle school Ok Old Man.......
By the way this was from a very very good reliable sorce trust me
I heard the very same thing from a very good source, svfootballer, I think you are right on the money.
Im hearing something different
Me too. something a lot different!
I keep hearing from people that Ben Howard is gettting the job but i'm not for sure.......they need to say something
i heard that anthony and ben both took there application out of the running and also greg so who is going to get it
Donnie Daniels applied too, I wonder what he could do with this team?
Ben Howard
Anthony Hampton
officially annouced today
I think they were named earlier than today and the word only came out today. I must say that I am selfish when it comes to some of our coaches over my way and I was not deeply saddened when I heard who was going to be named last week. Coach Daniels has exemplified everything in a coach that I feel it takes to be a success. He builds young men and character that goes with them for the rest of their lives. Just ask some on here. Congrats to the coach that was appointed at Valley and best of luck. I don't think Daniels was too heartbroken over the deal and will once again take about 24 kids that are willing to work extra hard to make the playoffs and take a step closer to climbing the ladder of success.
It's good to meet someone who is selfish when it comes to some of our coaches over his or her way. Perhaps I misunderstood. What were you? And why not?
I heard a couple of days ago that it was offical that ben howard was shelby valley's new football coach
I think the announcement will be after the SV boys play in the State Tour.
Ben Howard is officially the Head Football Coach at Shelby Valley.
does Howard even know anything about football, he has never been a head coach and has never coached at the high school level. I know that some of us from virgie will be going to a different school next year, Newsome should have gotten the job, Howard won't be a good coach, especially with all the crap that goes on up here.
I'm pretty sure that Howard knows a thing or two about football considering he did play at Pikeville High and Georgetown, plus help coach.
I think Ben Howard will do good with this program. He's young enough that the players will respect him and old enough that they'll listen. A change was needed at Valley. Hopefully Howard will help get them on track on the field and off.
Big Grin