Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Kickers in Eastern Kentucky
Who are the best kickers around eastern kentucky and should colleges be watching any upcoming players?
Josh Rodebaugh, a freshman from PBurg, has an awesome kick! He started on varsity kick-off's last season and was VERY impressive. He got hurt in a JV game against Breathitt Co. about midway through the season, maybe a little further on, and broke his leg and had surgery. He's back playing basketball now and getting ready for next football season. I don't know how his kick will be when he comes back, not sure which leg he kicks with or he hurt, but I do know he has some AWESOME talent and potential.
Jeff Collett of Paintsville.
i think that elkins is the best from the previous year.
im a little late, but Jonathan Ludwig and Till Marter from ER last year.... they were both German, and they were awesome.... but that is last year *SIGH* sadly
There aren't any good kickers in Eastern KY.
elkins from Pikeville was pretty good, i heard Union college was wanting him to come and kick for them.... maybe Pikeville college 2, not sure though
Elkins was ok...............But does anuone remeber the kikcer that hazard had in 2003....he was unreal
blackcat Wrote:There aren't any good kickers in Eastern KY.

hahah good post...thats completely true...i guess elkins was alright at PAT's but all the soccer guys said they coulda done the same thing...if u play soccer i suppose u can kick a ball up for 12 or 13 yards. as far as field goals are concerned i never saw one attempted, but im sure there were a couple... answer- no good kickers
Elkins from P-Ville was good
well last season i think elkins hit on 40+ yard FG
Bill_Don Wrote:Jeff Collett of Paintsville.

He's good on kickoffs but is TERRIBLE at field goals. He's kicked some of the worst extra point attempts that i have ever seen.
didnt paintsville go for two most of the time?
I would have to say that they really isnt good kickers in east kentucky
not many "good" ones from eastern ky. As for elkins, half the soccer players from pville could have done the same thing.
the big guy from Belfry was pretty good
Ronnie "Boomer" Edwards from Belfry wasn't bad at PAT's at all!
lol i would like to say someone from Pike central was good at Pat's but we didnt attempt one all year so I really dont know lol...but yea the Belfry kid was good
haha but yet we practiced them before every home game up on the field!
Elkins was good at kickoffs but chocked a few times which hurt Pikeville in 2003 in the Semis of state or regional finals cant remember which one it was but he is okay, prob the best around here.

I know prob the best kicker to come out of Kentucky in some what a while back was the Eagles kicker cant remember his name but he played for Tates Creek and actually played one time at Belfry :-).
Jesus Shuttlesworth Wrote:not many "good" ones from eastern ky. As for elkins, half the soccer players from pville could have done the same thing.

EXACTLY
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Elkins was good at kickoffs but chocked a few times which hurt Pikeville in 2003 in the Semis of state or regional finals cant remember which one it was but he is okay, prob the best around here.

I know prob the best kicker to come out of Kentucky in some what a while back was the Eagles kicker cant remember his name but he played for Tates Creek and actually played one time at Belfry :-).

His name is David Akers...of course he is one of the best around here. He started in the Superbowl less than a month ago.
yes yes very true lol but still if he hadnt still would b lol a punter that was very good to come out of here was Tim McName :-) Chirs's brother he about went pro.
Belfrys Boomer Edwards is a good kicker
I don't know of any.... I know South Floyd doesn't know what a kicker is...lol

The last good kicker I remember was the one from Middlesboro my Sophmore year 98. I forget his name though. he was supposed to have signed with UK and then went to a Jr. college or something.....I dont know what ever happened to him.....
OH lord Tate.. Papaw...AKA Arnold could deflate a football.. He could sure punt a football.
torQQue Wrote:OH lord Tate.. Papaw...AKA Arnold could deflate a football.. He could sure punt a football.

lol Smile

Nick Compton could flat out punt a ball too........
ya,, i told nick on several times to go to cincy and try out for punter for the bengals.. he could kick the ball a mile.. He wont listen to me though. .I remember one game he had 83 yd punt..
That would be awesome.....

Plus he would be making the jack if he made the team..... Smile
Nick can flat out boot the ball. Not to mention the cannon he has attached to his right arm. He was one heck of an athlete.