Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Football Players (Suspensions, Dismissals, and Injuries)
Kentucky Football Players (Suspensions, Dismissals, and Injuries)
Kentucky football coach Rich Brooks made a series of announcements Thursday regarding the status of several Wildcat football players.
Reserve cornerback Jarrell Williams has been dismissed from the team for violation of team rules. Williams has seen limited action the last two seasons.
Reserve linebacker Ben McGrath has decided to give up football. McGrath, a two-year letterman, left the team in early December for personal reasons and did not play in the Music City Bowl. McGrath had planned to return in spring practice but now has decided against playing. He plans to remain in school and complete his education.
if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');Three players, starting offensive tackle Garry Williams, starting offensive guard Christian Johnson, and reserve linebacker Micah Johnson, have been suspended indefinitely for academic reasons. Each of the players may return to the team as soon as his responsibilities have been fulfilled to Coach Brooks' satisfaction.
Reserve offensive lineman Micah Jones must give up football because of injury problems. Jones came to UK in 2004 and saw significant playing time as a true freshman. He has dealt with injuries the last two seasons, primarily a back injury which has forced his retirement from the sport.
"I am extremely disappointed for Micah, but I think this is a long-term decision that is best for his health," Brooks said. "We will keep him on scholarship so that he can stay in school and get his degree. I hope that things will get back to normal for him and that he will make a full recovery."
When do these players have to have their grades back up to par before they loose their scholarships?
Oh great, the best player to come out of KY in a while, Micah Johnson, might not even get to see the field any more.
very classy thing to do by Brooks to keep Micah Jones on scholarship so he can finish his schooling...VERY classy...I hate that Micah Johnson, Garry Williams and Christian Johnson are in the academic dog house though, hopefully they'll get things lined out before the season begins..and DevilsWin, that is the coolest avatar on BGR, bro..