Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AAA Regional Championship Elizabethtown @ Caldwell 11-17-17
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Elizabethtown 11-0
Caldwell County 10-2
ETown by 10
Caldwell beat PT by 7 points and E-Town beat them by 40. I'll go with E-Town 28-14.
E-Town 42-14.
Anytime a team is playing home you have a shot and Caldwell County is at home in a barn burner Confusedtrom:weather should help to keep it close.

Elizabethtown 28
Caldwell County 21
E-town wins this pretty easily
Etown can put up 35.

Caldwell will put up 21-24.
Etown looks like they are more balanced offensively. Caldwell probably needs a dry night to stay in this one. Last year's game got out of hand quick due to turnovers by Caldwell. Does home field advantage on natural grass help Caldwell dig into that differential? Not sure, but I think they need a +2 in the turnovers to have a shot. Etown has most all back from 2016 squad where Caldwell took a bigger hit on graduation.
Out of hand quick? 14-10 at halftime. Caldwell scores middle of the 3rd to go up 17-10 but official waves off TD cause she thought the soccer line in the end zone was the end line. An interception returned for a td following that and a punt return td after that finished it but it was hardly over quick. Caldwell County actually had more yards in the game.
For those out in the state, this game should be live streamed here:

http://wpkyonline.com/
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Out of hand quick? 14-10 at halftime. Caldwell scores middle of the 3rd to go up 17-10 but official waves off TD cause she thought the soccer line in the end zone was the end line. An interception returned for a td following that and a punt return td after that finished it but it was hardly over quick. Caldwell County actually had more yards in the game.

That call was an embarrassment for an official doing a playoff game to not know which line was end zone. Hope Caldwell wins tonight, but it will be tough. I'll be watching online.