Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official = McNamee new coach at Central!
Pike Central will hold a press conference this evening at 5p to announce the new football staff at the school for the 2005 season.
The conference will be broadcast on MIX 103.1 and ZRock 107.5.
are they annoucing mac???
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:are they annoucing mac???
If you knew what they were announcing, that would steal the thunder wouldn't it?
i guess your right...
Big announcement for the school. The football staff that has rumored to have been assembled sounds very impressive. Think this press conference will open some eyes into a new commitment to quality athletics at PC. Rumored to be a very solid and impressive group.
Well...I just listened to the press conference and it was for Mac....just as everyone thought....but Congrats to him....and it really did sound like an impressive staff that he has put together!!

spxdad....maybe you could get some of the staff's info on what all they have won...

and Principal Eddie McCoy promised a STATE Championship....will they get it? Guess we will have to wait and see........
He might be jumping the gun jus a little bit I think.. But who all is goin to be on the staff now?? Does anyone knwo?
i think Principle McCoy went a little overboard promising that state championship soo soon
they havent even really seen the team yet and a promise like that puts all the pressure on the COACH
so PC is doing exaclty what PIkevile did...
this guy needs his space...let him work, he can do some unbelievable things!
The football program today offically announed that Coach Mac formally of pikeville is the new head coach of pc. But, not only that but Irv Dotson will be offensive coor. They were 11 coaches to be accounted at central right now. Four returning from last year. Preece, Deskins, Williamson, and Thompson. The others i really cant remember the names.

By the looks of things, Central should turn things around in the next 3 or 4 years. Now, they have coaches at the feeder school helping the weight lifting programs. Should be exciting to see the results of this program.

Please tell me your thoughts and opinions. Keep it Civil and mature please.
I am sorry ...there is NO way they will go to state much less win REGION this year or next....Maybe nin about four or fivr years, who knows, I HIGHLY doubt the will do much this year.....I will give mac a whole lot of credit and say that they will have a winning season.....
Congrats COACH Mac hope u do well with those Hawks
SuperMario Wrote:The football program today offically announed that Coach Mac formally of pikeville is the new head coach of pc. But, not only that but Irv Dotson will be offensive coor. They were 11 coaches to be accounted at central right now. Four returning from last year. Preece, Deskins, Williamson, and Thompson. The others i really cant remember the names.

By the looks of things, Central should turn things around in the next 3 or 4 years. Now, they have coaches at the feeder school helping the weight lifting programs. Should be exciting to see the results of this program.

Please tell me your thoughts and opinions. Keep it Civil and mature please.
Correction: Irv Dotson was announced as Offensive and Defensive LINE Coach, not offensive coordinator. Expect Barry Birchfield to run the offense.
Whatever position Irv is in he will be a BIG PLUS for Central.
Thanks Spx, i was at the press conference, i cant really remember the exact information. But, yea your defineatly right about the Big plus.
Those boys have a lot of potentional and some good talent..now that Mac is back, I think we'll see some improvement and some games won! Smile
going to be an uphill climb but Central is headed in the right direction.
Just so everyone knows, mccoy didnt promise the championship this year or the next, he just said "we will win a state championship"
spxdad, emphasis on the word BIG *wink*
Hmm
a state championship is possible.... but not ne time soon, unless a miracle were 2 happen
wow....promised a state championship u say beef?............well exscuse me while i laugh for a little bit.............................................ok im done now with that out of the way.....id like to say best of luck to mac
They did the same thing for poyner saying he was taking us to state. Hopefully this new guy will teach P.E. so I can get out of Tammy Tussey's P.E. class.
well 2A football will be a little down next year with all these teams losing kep players, so who knows pike central might surprise some people..
Congrats to coach Mac... and the rest of the newly appointed staff.

So will Mac be teaching at PC?
if he teaches P.E. make sure and take it.... lol
I think the new coaching staff has between 15-20 championship rings
liveMAROON Wrote:wow....promised a state championship u say beef?............well exscuse me while i laugh for a little bit.............................................ok im done now with that out of the way.....id like to say best of luck to mac

I guess its as comical as saying Pikeville is going to win a state championship..because we know that aint happening either is it?
it would be hilarious if both teams ended up winnin state next year. very unlikely, but possible.
haha I agree Hurley, but somehow everyone would end up making an arugument over it! lol
Hahah it would be who is better 1A or 2A lol
CNN Wrote:They did the same thing for poyner saying he was taking us to state. Hopefully this new guy will teach P.E. so I can get out of Tammy Tussey's P.E. class.

Well, coach poytner is a little different that this coach. But, then the principal didnt say, poytner himself did.
poynter was a joke IMO McNamee will turn this program around