•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AAA Regional Championship: Belfry @ Louisville Central
I will be out of town this Friday. Does anyone know if the game will be streamed on internet
Jackets by 18. No issues here, way too much speed.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Jackets by 18. No issues here, way too much speed.

Belfry just as fast and faster. Have been for a few years now.
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:I will be out of town this Friday. Does anyone know if the game will be streamed on internet

Radio stream at WDHR.com
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry just as fast and faster. Have been for a few years now.

I’d say overall team speed LC probably has them beat. But it’s not a track meet unfortunately for them haha. Belfry will win this game by 14-21 points.
I’ll take Central in this one. Seen Belfry once in person and twice on film and they have a very suspect defense. Watching Central it appears they need to flip the game plan of past Belfry/Central matchups. Central always relied on the big play, quick score or TD from their defense to demoralize the Pirates. This year they need to play a little Belfry ball. Pound it up the middle, run the clock and put together long time consuming drives that result in points. Central’s D is the best they’ve had in many years and they don’t give up the big play. They have the speed to control any long scores from Belfry. Frustrate Belfry with long drives and make their offense work for every score and Belfry will fold due to lack of execution or turnover.

Central 34
Belfry 21
As long as I can remember Belfry football it’s been 4 yards in the clouddust and move the chains (as Belfry says rattle the chains).Haywood designs plays for 4 yards, true with their speed they bust a few. I don’t think anyway Central is going to frustrate the Pirates let them continue on long drives. That plays right into Belfry football.
Patriot1 Wrote:As long as I can remember Belfry football it’s been 4 yards in the clouddust and move the chains (as Belfry says rattle the chains).Haywood designs plays for 4 yards, true with their speed they bust a few. I don’t think anyway Central is going to frustrate the Pirates let them continue on long drives. That plays right into Belfry football.

Frustrate Belfry by having long scoring drives themselves. Belfry will have problems with an offense that can pound the middle and put together long drives. On the flip side Central needs to be prepared to give up those 3-4 yard dives and with Centrals speed they will take away the big plays from Belfry.
Central’s offense is what will hurt them. It’s not bad but it’s not great. Their D will keep belfry somewhat in check, but they’ll still put points on the board. I think if central can muster up 30-35 points they’ll win this game. But it still won’t be by much if they do pull it off.
Centrals defense is good, no doubt about it. But Belfrys O-Line has been playing at a high level all year. One of the best in 3A. They will control the line of scrimmage like they have all year and wear down Centrals linebackers as the game goes on. Our backfield is just as good as anybody's and our QB is a game manager. At worse the Pirates will average 4-6 yards per run play and break a good long run every 3rd or 4th series and come away with the win. Nothing has changed at Belfry folks, you know what's coming. Question is, can you stop it?
Hound05 Wrote:Central’s offense is what will hurt them. It’s not bad but it’s not great. Their D will keep belfry somewhat in check, but they’ll still put points on the board. I think if central can muster up 30-35 points they’ll win this game. But it still won’t be by much if they do pull it off.

It'll take more than 30-35 points to beat Belfry. Our average per game is way more than that.
Redonthehound Wrote:Frustrate Belfry by having long scoring drives themselves. Belfry will have problems with an offense that can pound the middle and put together long drives. On the flip side Central needs to be prepared to give up those 3-4 yard dives and with Centrals speed they will take away the big plays from Belfry.
I missed understood you but you also said to make Belfry have long drives and they would have turnovers so I thought you meant Belfry on long drives. I am sorry for that but we will see who wins GO Pirates
All my Corbin faithful might disagree with me, but I want belfry to win. If we(Corbin) pull it off I don’t want no excuses, I want to be the team that dethrones the king. I may be selfish or stupid but if we find a way to win this I want our road to include a stop in belfry and leave with the crown. Now belfry fans, I am not running my mouth I am giving respect so don’t get it confused. To tired to get into a pissing contest.
Redonthehound Wrote:I’ll take Central in this one. Seen Belfry once in person and twice on film and they have a very suspect defense. Watching Central it appears they need to flip the game plan of past Belfry/Central matchups. Central always relied on the big play, quick score or TD from their defense to demoralize the Pirates. This year they need to play a little Belfry ball. Pound it up the middle, run the clock and put together long time consuming drives that result in points. Central’s D is the best they’ve had in many years and they don’t give up the big play. They have the speed to control any long scores from Belfry. Frustrate Belfry with long drives and make their offense work for every score and Belfry will fold due to lack of execution or turnover.

Central 34
Belfry 21

Did you use the words frustrate and FOLD you should know all about that from last year. No I think we will just win this won so we can play your puppies again Confusednicker:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:All my Corbin faithful might disagree with me, but I want belfry to win. If we(Corbin) pull it off I don’t want no excuses, I want to be the team that dethrones the king. I may be selfish or stupid but if we find a way to win this I want our road to include a stop in belfry and leave with the crown. Now belfry fans, I am not running my mouth I am giving respect so don’t get it confused. To tired to get into a pissing contest.

Nice post. That's not being disrespectful at all. I agree buddy, if my team wins it all I want to have beat the best teams so that there would be no doubt. In my opinion, from here on out it's anybody's to win. I'm hoping that Belfry and Corbin both win this Friday to set up the big showdown on Pond Creek the following week. Good Luck to you guys Friday. Hope for a good injury free game for the Hounds.
#55PirateFan Wrote:It'll take more than 30-35 points to beat Belfry. Our average per game is way more than that.

Yea, and I see where you’re coming from. But I still think is LC puts up 35 they win this game. I know belfry has put points on the board this year. But if you look at the scores of the games against solid teams it comes out to 34 and some change. (Btw I did not know that when I made that post about 35 haha). I’m not saying LC is any of those teams. Might be better, might be worse?? I think belfry will win, but on the flip side of things I also believe if LC puts up 35 they’ll win. Probably won’t happen but I don’t see belfry putting up 50 points in this game. I could be wrong though, know one knows until the clock ends. Good luck fella’s. Hope to see ya in a week and a half.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Nice post. That's not being disrespectful at all. I agree buddy, if my team wins it all I want to have beat the best teams so that there would be no doubt. In my opinion, from here on out it's anybody's to win. I'm hoping that Belfry and Corbin both win this Friday to set up the big showdown on Pond Creek the following week. Good Luck to you guys Friday. Hope for a good injury free game for the Hounds.

I’m with you guys. I don’t want LC to win, I don’t think they will, but I’d like to return the favor from last year haha. Good luck
Hound05 Wrote:I’m with you guys. I don’t want LC to win, I don’t think they will, but I’d like to return the favor from last year haha. Good luck

One thing is for sure, if Belfry and Corbin both win Friday night then the place to be the following Friday will be Belfry, KY. My opinion it will be the best sporting event going on in the state of Kentucky that weekend (UK B-Ball and F-Ball included) Lol
#55PirateFan Wrote:One thing is for sure, if Belfry and Corbin both win Friday night then the place to be the following Friday will be Belfry, KY. My opinion it will be the best sporting event going on in the state of Kentucky that weekend (UK B-Ball and F-Ball included) Lol

Don't know if it would be the best high school game that weekend as there will be a lot of awesome games that friday, but if my choice was between watching UK football, UK basket ball, or Belfry/Corbin I'd be in pond creek.
Louisville Central with a td. Central playing at home has an edge.
In the pound Wrote:Louisville Central with a td. Central playing at home has an edge.

Right about the edge..... the TD not so sure about. If they do win it’ll be by a TD or less. But I don’t think belfry wins by more than 20
Redonthehound Wrote:I’ll take Central in this one. Seen Belfry once in person and twice on film and they have a very suspect defense. Watching Central it appears they need to flip the game plan of past Belfry/Central matchups. Central always relied on the big play, quick score or TD from their defense to demoralize the Pirates. This year they need to play a little Belfry ball. Pound it up the middle, run the clock and put together long time consuming drives that result in points. Central’s D is the best they’ve had in many years and they don’t give up the big play. They have the speed to control any long scores from Belfry. Frustrate Belfry with long drives and make their offense work for every score and Belfry will fold due to lack of execution or turnover.

Central 34
Belfry 21

I agree to the point that if Central can control the clock it favors them a lot but that is easier said than done. Belfry can still score 35 in a 3-4 yard per rush type of game. They did it in the game against Midland. If Belfry puts two halves together they win by 2 TDs IMO. If they do not then it's a nail biter and Central has a history of making clutch plays. IMO, Central is gonna have to score. Against all opponenst, not just the cupcakes, Belfry's lowest point total is 34.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:All my Corbin faithful might disagree with me, but I want belfry to win. If we(Corbin) pull it off I don’t want no excuses, I want to be the team that dethrones the king. I may be selfish or stupid but if we find a way to win this I want our road to include a stop in belfry and leave with the crown. Now belfry fans, I am not running my mouth I am giving respect so don’t get it confused. To tired to get into a pissing contest.

You need to rest up then!!! No better fan base to get into a pissing contest than Belfry's!!! I LOVE them.

Keeping my fingers crossed that these two meet up again this year. Love the passion from supportive fans!!!!

I just might break a record suspending people next week!!!
Confusednicker:
First, is there any way to move up this game time (say 3 pm) so I can watch this one, then drive over to Desales v CAL... I'm having a hard time choosing which game to go to!

If Belfry and Corbin win this Friday, Pond Creek will be a fun place to be on Thanksgiving... But if you live out in the Wild West, Mayfield and (Desales or CAL) will be a another place to go see a fun football game!
I think Central holds a slight advantage having this one at home. But, I think Central has got to get past some mental hurdles given what has occurred in the recent past with these 2.
I think central will have the best run defense belfry has faced by far. I think they'll give the pirates fits. That combined with the home field advantage, I think they will keep belfry to 28. Which would be enough to beat belfry if central could score. I think it'll come down to the wire, but belfry will win in the end. I think belfry's defense is enough to hold Central's offense. I'm gonna say 28-21 belfry. Setting up what I'm gonna call Red Friday.
Granny Bear Wrote:You need to rest up then!!! No better fan base to get into a pissing contest than Belfry's!!! I LOVE them.

Keeping my fingers crossed that these two meet up again this year. Love the passion from supportive fans!!!!

I just might break a record suspending people next week!!!
Confusednicker:

:gtfo:
I'm sad that both teams can't lose. I can't cheer for a Loovull team Confusednicker:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I think central will have the best run defense belfry has faced by far. I think they'll give the pirates fits. That combined with the home field advantage, I think they will keep belfry to 28. Which would be enough to beat belfry if central could score. I think it'll come down to the wire, but belfry will win in the end. I think belfry's defense is enough to hold Central's offense. I'm gonna say 28-21 belfry. Setting up what I'm gonna call Red Friday.

IMO, Huntington and Johnson Central are the two best defenses we've seen...with Cabell Midland a close 3rd . IMO, Huntington High is better than JC, Belfry and Louisville Central.

That being said....Belfry/Central will be a slobberknocker. I do think Central has a big advantage playing at home. As a Belfry fan....I'm a little concerned with the 4+ hour bus ride. In times past.....we've not always performed our best when making that trip and playing the same day. Not only that....but Belfry has been uncharacteristically a slow starter the past 4-5 weeks. Not sure why...but they have. Belfry cannot afford to still be shaking out the cobwebs in the 2nd qtr. The Pirates must come to play from the onset.

for the most part....when these two meet up....its a game that's typically went down to the wire. if you throw out last years blowout, and throw out the trouncing Central gave us in 2010.....many of these games come down to 3-7 point spread.

This will be the first ever non neutral site game for both....so Central gets the edge there.......But.....it will also be the first time Dantzler will have witnessed a Haywood coached team. Advantage Belfry.

For some to say that Central is fast......c'mon.....Central is always fast. I think Belfry's OL will neutralize their speed to an extend.....and play calling will be critical in keeping Central's DE/LB's thinking instead of just reacting.

I don't see either team blowing out the other......but I do think Belfry....and their experience on the field and the sidelines will take over late in the game..... Much like we saw against Johnson Central and Cabell Midland .

Belfry 37
Central 28
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next