8. LaRue County
9-1
t9

9. Lexington Catholic
5-5

10. Fleming County
8-2
t9

Others receiving votes: Floyd Central, Paducah Tilghman 5, Bell County 5, Union County 4, Western Hills 4.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...29301.html
3 very good teams
Highest Casey has ever finished, great publicity for us, and for parents who want to play for a winner in our county, but might not have done it in years past.
Casey has done a great job turning that program around the last few years. I will say I think they're a little over-rated in the poll. Who have they played besides Corbin? Ok, an average Bell at best. I don't think any of the other teams they have played has won more than 2 or 3 games. I know you have to play who's in district. Come on, Barren Co. 1-9, Russell Co. 3-7, Jtown 3-7, Betsy Layne 1-9, Adair Co. 1-9. This weak schedule does not justify a #6 ranking. Powell Co. can knock them out 2nd round.
F.N.L. Wrote:Casey has done a great job turning that program around the last few years. I will say I think they're a little over-rated in the poll. Who have they played besides Corbin? Ok, an average Bell at best. I don't think any of the other teams they have played has won more than 2 or 3 games. I know you have to play who's in district. Come on, Barren Co. 1-9, Russell Co. 3-7, Jtown 3-7, Betsy Layne 1-9, Adair Co. 1-9. This weak schedule does not justify a #6 ranking. Powell Co. can knock them out 2nd round.

Powell County doesn't have much of a chance of knocking them out .
List of no name opponents will continue when they play Powell
F.N.L. Wrote:Casey has done a great job turning that program around the last few years. I will say I think they're a little over-rated in the poll. Who have they played besides Corbin? Ok, an average Bell at best. I don't think any of the other teams they have played has won more than 2 or 3 games. I know you have to play who's in district. Come on, Barren Co. 1-9, Russell Co. 3-7, Jtown 3-7, Betsy Layne 1-9, Adair Co. 1-9. This weak schedule does not justify a #6 ranking. Powell Co. can knock them out 2nd round.

Can they? Sure.

Will they? No.

Let's not forget that just because Powell has a (1.) by their name doesn't mean they are very good.

Powell would not have made the playoffs in Districts 4 (they lost to 4 seed Garrard County), District 5 (Lost to the 3 and 4 seeds), or District 6 (Lost to the 3 seed by 23 points).
Let's not forget why Casey has a (2.) Nobody else in the district besides Corbin. Powell lost to 4 seed Garrard 1st game of the season. It don't take a guru to realize what district Garrard is in. How would Casey have stacked up against Boyle, Lex Cath. and Western Hills? Not good.. But I guess we will never know because you really don't know how good they are playing Barren, Betsy Layne and Adair, all 1-9. I didn't say Casey wasn't solid, they are. Facts are they played 1 team all season, that's a fact. You can't justify beating a bunch of 1-9, 2-8, 3-7 type teams and be the #6 ranked team in all of class 3A.
E's Army Wrote:List of no name opponents will continue when they play Powell

Ole Easy E... Straight out of nothing.. as usual.
pjdoug Wrote:Powell County doesn't have much of a chance of knocking them out .

Just like LCA a couple years ago, right pjdoug?:dontthink
They might have had an easy schedule, and we underestimated them because of it. Found out quick you can’t just “show up against them”. They will be your runner up this year. They have a grit to them and confidence.
Casey County has some schools that are really close to them: Ex... Boyle, Danville, Pulaski, Southwestern and Somerset.
It’s time to step up and play someone.
Casey county is a good football team, but I do think that in order to take the next step as a program they'll have to start playing some better teams. They'll be region runners up and they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the region other than Corbin.
Hard to believe we've got some smack talk between Casey Co and Powell Smile Smile Never would have guessed it.

My question is this.....is the burgeoning success that Casey has tasted this season sustainable? Is the cupboard full? Guessing that Corbin will move to 4A at the next realignment. If that happens....will Casey Co be in position to take advantage? I know its hard to say....because no one really knows what will happen class wise....but....when Corbin moves....the door swings wide open from someone.
Nobody can't deny Casey has played some very weak teams, but I don't blame them for the schedule they have to help build the program. We all know that winning is contagious and that helps get kids out to play. They have only had maybe a half of dozen winning seasons in program history. To me, it's very smart to get the kids out, but now it's time to start putting some tougher teams on the schedule. If they are going to be a program to compete at the top, they need to play a couple of top 10 teams in their class or other classes. I don't think they need to play a Corbin, Boyle, Belfry kind of schedule yet, but it does need to be tougher going forward.

Casey 56
Powell 14