8-2

8. Williamsburg
7-3

9. Pikeville
6-4

10. Bracken County
8-2
NR

Others receiving votes: Russellville 9, Crittenden County 8, Lynn Camp 7, Frankfort 4.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...29301.html
I still think Beechwood in #1 until they get defeated by 1a School. Pikeville is only 5 and 4 but they are playing a lot better. With that said everything else looks pretty good
Pikeville is to low
I think beechwood is top team in single A football but the rest is close pikeville probably needs to be 10 they had a weak schedule this year. They started playing up to potential towards the end of the season but don't think their going very far in the playoffs they are down to much this season. Good luck to all teams in their playoff hopes safe travels and healthy games
Have to disagree with you DarrinC, Pikeville has played a tougher schedule than most. If you think Belfry,LCA, Paintsville and Hazard in a row is not a tough schedule then what is. Grant you the next four was not as tough but that’s part of the schedule.
DarrinC Wrote:I think beechwood is top team in single A football but the rest is close pikeville probably needs to be 10 they had a weak schedule this year. They started playing up to potential towards the end of the season but don't think their going very far in the playoffs they are down to much this season. Good luck to all teams in their playoff hopes safe travels and healthy games
Lol. Weak? Stick to basketball critique.
PHSForever Wrote:Lol. Weak? Stick to basketball critique.

Maybe if you added Trinity and Covington Catholic this year that may have brought Pikeville's schedule up to at least "moderate" :hilarious:
I wonder how some of these Pikeville haters like their crow? Dont think they are a top 3 team, but imo, 4-6 or 7 can just about be drawn our of a hat and u couldn't be wrong.
Got a few combined records

Beechwood 60-40
Paintsville 52-45
KCD 53-46
Hazard 46-42
Raceland 60-40
Paris 39-61
Ludlow 54-46
Pikeville 47-39
Williamsburg 51-49
Here are the combined records of the teams these schools have beat

Beechwood 41-39
Paintsville 47-41
KCD 44-45
Hazard 31-37
Raceland 28-32
Paris 34-56
Ludlow 37-43
Pikeville 13-34
Williamsburg 28-42
Here is the combined records of teams they have lost too.

Beechwood(8-2) 19-1
Paintsville(9-1)5-4
KCD(9-1) 9-1
Hazard(7-2) 15-5
Raceland(6-4) 32-8
Paris(9-1) 5-5
Ludlow(8-2) 17-3
Pikeville(5-4)34-5
Williamsburg(7-3)23-7
I just don't think anyone has anything for Beechwood this year. Beechwood beat Corbin, a top 3A team. Pikeville lost badly to Belfry, a top 3A school and it wasn't even competitive. Hazard lost some key players due to injuries and Paintsville only beat them 12-7 at home and lost to a average Hurricane team out of West Virginia. Unless I'm badly mistaken, it's Beechwoods to lose. Good Luck to all teams though. Like I always say, anything can happen on a football field.
Paintsville only scored 12 on Hazard but Pikeville scored 26 I think. It just shows sometimes its got to do with match ups.pikeville has improved but I don’t know if they could win either game again against Hazard or Paintsville and I don’t think either can beat Beechwood. How ever whichever one gets to Beechwood I will be for them. Hope I get to find out how much Pikeville has improved if they get back to Hazard but one game at a time
Patriot1 Wrote:Paintsville only scored 12 on Hazard but Pikeville scored 26 I think. It just shows sometimes its got to do with match ups.pikeville has improved but I don’t know if they could win either game again against Hazard or Paintsville and I don’t think either can beat Beechwood. How ever whichever one gets to Beechwood I will be for them. Hope I get to find out how much Pikeville has improved if they get back to Hazard but one game at a time

I agree buddy, if one of our mountain teams are in the championship, that's who I'm cheering for no matter the odds.
Hey #55 Piratefan I am also a pirate fan. I played and graduated from Belfry but don’t get to see their games very often now. Someone I love very much plays for someone else but I try to keep up with the Pirates as much as I can. If he isn’t playing I am at the Pirates games. Good luck to the Pirates and the red nation the rest of the year I wil be keeping up with them.
Patriot1 Wrote:Hey #55 Piratefan I am also a pirate fan. I played and graduated from Belfry but don’t get to see their games very often now. Someone I love very much plays for someone else but I try to keep up with the Pirates as much as I can. If he isn’t playing I am at the Pirates games. Good luck to the Pirates and the red nation the rest of the year I wil be keeping up with them.

My son plays for Belfry now. I guess once a Pirate fan always a Pirate fan. Hopefully we make it to Lexington this year and you can come by and watch.
I hope to be there and good luck