JC finishes 8-2.
Belfry finishes 9-1.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Congrats to Belfry
Congrats Belfry
Congratulations Pirates

A game of two different halves!
Haywood's halftime adjustments are legendary. Big win for the Pirates. Watch out 3A, the big red machine is rolling!
Nice job Pirates.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Haywood's halftime adjustments are legendary!

Very evident in this game.

Haywood >>> Matney
This Belfry team is resilient.......very scary Team right now. Very proud of these boys!
The JC of the 1st half looked like stone cold killers.... Big stops on D, moving the ball at will.... Playing championship level football.

But Belfry out played us the 2nd half. No other way to say it.
JC's size is second to none in Class 4A and in a war of body blows they can go toe to toe with anyone.

Where Belfry punished the Eagles is with their speed and athleticism. Once Belfry started getting the ball in Hunter's hands and Browning settled in and started making plays with his feet and arm this game flipped completely.

Belfry's Defense actually started strong and held JC to back to back 3 and Outs to start the game, but then JC put a nice drive together and got the Defense gasping for air a bit. Belfry couldnt get them off the field and it was 19-0 just like that.

After they hit the long pass to Taveon Belfry had a pretty awful call go against them and it seemed to fire up the Pirate sideline, players, and fans and then they flipped the switch.
Hats off to JC. Y’all came out and layed it to us. Looked as if it was gonna be a long night for the Pirates. But as usual Haywood made adjustments and the Pirates came out a different team in the 2nd half. Defense held JC scoreless in the 2nd half. Now let’s make another long playoff run. Nice to finally meet ya Pulp!!! Best of luck to y’all in the playoffs. Defend your crown and we will do our best to defend ours. God bless.
Great win for the Pirates
Matney has got to go! Two in a row!
Wow! What a game. I haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Great win for the Pirates. We needed a game like that. To get down 19-0 and see how we responded is just what we needed before the playoffs. Johnson Central will be just fine. I hope they win it all. Their line was absolutely massive. Good looking team. The Pirates are for real and are extremely dangerous folks! Tonight showed that. Great win!
Haywoods the master at halftime adjustments.
Good Luck Eagles! Hope you guys win it all in 4A!

This Belfry team played Championship Football tonight! Great atmosphere as there was no standing room. The refs were very suspect but other than that the game was awesome!! Proud of my Pirates tonight for sure!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lesser teams would have quit but Belfry is Belfry.
Wellman and Hunter/Adkins and Varner are just so dynamic as playmakers all over the field.

All seniors. Let's go get 5!
To Matney’s credit...he took over at Johnson Central in 2004. Since then, they have lost 2 games in a row twice, in 2009 and in these last 2 games. That’s a pretty good track record.
Congrats Belfry from Corbin see y'all in 4 weeks :howdy::howdy::howdy:
Nice job by the Pirates, Matney and JC thought the same thing Corbin did last year in the region championship! (Thought they had Belfry right where they wanted them) Once again the Legendary MR HAYWOOD shows that halftime is no time to be celebrating against his boys!!!
skully03 Wrote:Hats off to JC. Y’all came out and layed it to us. Looked as if it was gonna be a long night for the Pirates. But as usual Haywood made adjustments and the Pirates came out a different team in the 2nd half. Defense held JC scoreless in the 2nd half. Now let’s make another long playoff run. Nice to finally meet ya Pulp!!! Best of luck to y’all in the playoffs. Defend your crown and we will do our best to defend ours. God bless.
Same here buddy.... It's nice to put a voice with the words.
It was good to see my Belfry friends (yes, I have friends from Belfry).
Finally home..... But the Pikeville Steak & Shake is the slowest drive-thru in the Continental United States.

JC will be fine. There are plenty of teaching/coachable moments from this game on both sides of the ball.
I wouldn't want to be Mason County next week. They are coming to Johnsonville playing a team that is mad and hungry. We owned the 1st half, 19 straight points and stopping Belfry's O like it was just another day at the office. No excuses, not blaming the refs and no other way to say it..... Belfry wanted it more in the 2nd half. These past two weeks are going to be telling about our team, we're either gonna roll over and die or we're gonna #DefendTheRing. The real season starts next week, practice time is over.....we gotta land the KO punch early and remind Class 4A just who they are dealing with!

Belfry, you guys are the real deal. I'm not gonna say it, but a 5-peat doesn't sound crazy.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Finally home..... But the Pikeville Steak & Shake is the slowest drive-thru in the Continental United States.

JC will be fine. There are plenty of teaching/coachable moments from this game on both sides of the ball.
I wouldn't want to be Mason County next week. They are coming to Johnsonville playing a team that is mad and hungry. We owned the 1st half, 19 straight points and stopping Belfry's O like it was just another day at the office. No excuses, not blaming the refs and no other way to say it..... Belfry wanted it more in the 2nd half. These past two weeks are going to be telling about our team, we're either gonna roll over and die or we're gonna #DefendTheRing. The real season starts next week, practice time is over.....we gotta land the KO punch early and remind Class 4A just who they are dealing with!

Belfry, you guys are the real deal. I'm not gonna say it, but a 5-peat doesn't sound crazy.

Johnson Central will not "roll over and die" Pulp! Im leaning more toward "defending the ring" JC looked great for one half tonight. They play 4 quarters like they did the first half tonight, they'll be down right scary! Y'all will be fine. Go get that back to back!
First I’ll say I so proud of our boys not only did they win this game they over come adversity in the first half to win great win boys.
Now for JC your the real deal you’ve hit a couple of bumps in the road Coach Matney will fix those problems and you will repeat as 4A Champs
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:First I’ll say I so proud of our boys not only did they win this game they over come adversity in the first half to win great win boys.
Now for JC your the real deal you’ve hit a couple of bumps in the road Coach Matney will fix those problems and you will repeat as 4A Champs

Agree with everything you said. I'm still pumped up! Man what an atmosphere tonight. 3A BEWARE! As far as JC, like I said before, they will be just fine.
I hope both can bring State titles back to the mountains this year!
Wow. I fell asleep at the half and thought Central had this one in the bag.
Congratulations Belfry, great job on fighting back and never giving up. First Class program .