(1) E-Town v (4) Trigg County

REGION 2:
(1) Fleming County v (4) Garrard County
(2) Lexington Catholic v (3) Bath County
(2) Russell v (3) Western Hills
(1) Boyle County v (4) West Carter

REGION 3:
(1) Central v (4) Floyd Central/Lawrence County/Pike Central
(2) Floyd Central/Lawrence County/Pike Central v (3) Thomas Nelson/Bardstown/Henry County
(2) Waggener v (3) Floyd Central/Lawrence County/Pike Central
(1) Belfry v (4) Thomas Nelson/Bardstown/Henry County

REGION 4:
(1) Powell County v (4) Jackson County
(2) Casey County v (3) Morgan County
(2) Breathitt County v (3) Bell County
(1) Corbin v (4) Knott Central
Belfry vs Corbin show down is coming
I hope it is that will be a great game and if it comes to that I think it’s at Belfry.
Patriot1 Wrote:I hope it is that will be a great game and if it comes to that I think it’s at Belfry.

Yes, if Belfry and Corbin both make it to the Semi's...Corbin makes the trip to The Valley!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry we’ll have a very good Central team to play and Corbin has a cake walk we’ll see how it plays out
Who wins the tie breaker in region 3?
Casey could make a run at Corbin in a rematch. Nobody else in the region is close.
Corbin, Belfry, Boyle, and Etown in semis. May not even be close games getting there.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Belfry we’ll have a very good Central team to play and Corbin has a cake walk we’ll see how it plays out

Corbin's cakewalk last night was a dog fight.
smoke1015 Wrote:Corbin's cakewalk last night was a dog fight.

Don’t worry smoke I think kids won’t look at you’ll like there other district teams, you’ll are heads and shoulder above those. But when Corbin woke up they put up 21 unanswered. Also I don’t think the kids will play so dumbfounded and kill drives and extend yours by silly penalties, you’ll showed them last night not to take you all so light. Hands down a number two in our district and have proven the program is on upswing. I also want to go back to our conversation about linebackers, yours played 100 times better than they did against bell and I still say ours are as good, but ours did get caught with there hand in cookie jar and got burnt on little slip pass over the middle on your second score. Other than that they both played as good as they could have played. They only thing that hurts your key players are they play both ways and fatigue sets in, it sets in late and that hurts but also shows the tremendous shape those young men are in. The kid that plays linebacker and rb took a beating last night played every down except when he got shakin up a couple times he is as tough as advertised.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Don’t worry smoke I think kids won’t look at you’ll like there other district teams, you’ll are heads and shoulder above those. But when Corbin woke up they put up 21 unanswered. Also I don’t think the kids will play so dumbfounded and kill drives and extend yours by silly penalties, you’ll showed them last night not to take you all so light. Hands down a number two in our district and have proven the program is on upswing. I also want to go back to our conversation about linebackers, yours played 100 times better than they did against bell and I still say ours are as good, but ours did get caught with there hand in cookie jar and got burnt on little slip pass over the middle on your second score. Other than that they both played as good as they could have played. They only thing that hurts your key players are they play both ways and fatigue sets in, it sets in late and that hurts but also shows the tremendous shape those young men are in. The kid that plays linebacker and rb took a beating last night played every down except when he got shakin up a couple times he is as tough as advertised.
Agreed
smoke1015 Wrote:Corbin's cakewalk last night was a dog fight.

Like I said cake walk they get to play again
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Don’t worry smoke I think kids won’t look at you’ll like there other district teams, you’ll are heads and shoulder above those. But when Corbin woke up they put up 21 unanswered. Also I don’t think the kids will play so dumbfounded and kill drives and extend yours by silly penalties, you’ll showed them last night not to take you all so light. Hands down a number two in our district and have proven the program is on upswing. I also want to go back to our conversation about linebackers, yours played 100 times better than they did against bell and I still say ours are as good, but ours did get caught with there hand in cookie jar and got burnt on little slip pass over the middle on your second score. Other than that they both played as good as they could have played. They only thing that hurts your key players are they play both ways and fatigue sets in, it sets in late and that hurts but also shows the tremendous shape those young men are in. The kid that plays linebacker and rb took a beating last night played every down except when he got shakin up a couple times he is as tough as advertised.
I agree with you on most all of that. Of course didn't word my post like that to put down Corbin, but hackles raised by the cakewalk comment. Hell Casey might play with Central, if not beat them...In regards to us; I was surprised by as many Corbin mistakes, penalties, etc.. The 21 unanswered was pretty nice, but also Corbin got 2 extra possessions on turnovers, and kept Casey pinned. All football...stuff, lol, that goes to the credit of the other team. However if Casey can stop punting from their own end zone and leaving Corbin only 35 yards to drive. Corbin definitely won the field position battle there and Casey's offense was bottled up in dangerous territory at least 3 times. Corbin capitalized on one turnover, but not the other (fortunately). Sizemore instigated 1 really good drive in the 2nd half, a nice run where the sea parted, lol, and then a nice pass. I wish we were deeper in our secondary. Once our corner started cramping we were in major trouble, and had to put a very young sophomore in there. Corbin's corners are so strong, fast and smart, but also really strong built kids.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Like I said cake walk they get to play again

*edited for content
Just think how tough the region 4 bracket would've been 15 years ago. Breathitt, Bell, and Corbin always had state contender teams. Now it could possibly be the worst region in any class.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Don’t get your panties in a wad little lady this is just a bunch of dads and fans with different opinions on a public forum if you can’t handle other people’s opinions don’t get on here and get yourself upset just some friendly advice TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

I've been on here and will remain so. If YOU can't take some comeback take your hot little tail down to the grocery and get the ingredients to bake me a pie.
Gunna be a fun playoff!
smoke1015 Wrote:I've been on here and will remain so. If YOU can't take some comeback take your hot little tail down to the grocery and get the ingredients to bake me a pie.

I can handle what ever you want to say lol. I was just saying since you got thin skin that was a easy way to keep from getting upset to be honest I hope you guys pull it out in the playoffs
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I can handle what ever you want to say lol. I was just saying since you got thin skin that was a easy way to keep from getting upset to be honest I hope you guys pull it out in the playoffs

Pecan. I'll take pecan, or lemon meringue.
smoke1015 Wrote:Pecan. I'll take pecan, or lemon meringue.

Confusednicker:
They used to be really good up there at Belfry making mud pies...... :-)
This is some pretty entertaining stuff! LOL I wanna pie! Pecan will work for me too. You can make mine the Day after thanksgiving and I can eat it as I tailgate!
Pumpkin pie here
Tis the season for pumpkins! C
bcpc Wrote:they used to be really good up there at belfry making mud pies...... :-)

💧💦💦💦💧💧💧💧💧💦💦💦💧💦
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Just think how tough the region 4 bracket would've been 15 years ago. Breathitt, Bell, and Corbin always had state contender teams. Now it could possibly be the worst region in any class.

Region 3 ain't much to beat about....its only decent this year because of cross bracketing.

Corbin has had luck over the past 20 years of being in cake districts and regions though. I'll give you that.
:popcorn:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Region 3 ain't much to beat about....its only decent this year because of cross bracketing.

Corbin has had luck over the past 20 years of being in cake districts and regions though. I'll give you that.

Each region just has one or two good teams in it. I think all the regions about the same
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Region 3 ain't much to beat about....its only decent this year because of cross bracketing.

Lot of truth here... (Cross-bracketing not with standing). Belfry hasn't exactly had Murderer's Row in recent years, although Russell has been a little better than their current edition.

With that said, Powell County won District 7 and two of their 4-losses were to Bath County and West Carter.

Goes to show how weak that District is when the Champion probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs coming out of District 4 or 5.
Still not a fan of cross bracketing. I understand it adds variety and there's a chance of better teams advancing. I get that. But this is high school. I'm still from the school of each region having a representative, even though regions make less sense for the current realignment. I know that means the final four teams are not necessarily the best four. Without seeding, there's no way to guarantee the top four will advance. West Virginia uses a seeding method, but I don't think it sparks much interest when the 16th teams travels to the 1 team to get crushed, and it could be a 5 hour or more trip.

I know the best 16 basketball teams don't make the Sweet 16. But each region has an interest in the tournament, because they have a "local" team going for it. I hope cross bracketing doesn't start happening with basketball regions.