Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central-43 Lawrence County-30
Their is now a 3 way tie for 2nd place in the district.
Wa Wa Wee Wow
Lc needs to get this season over and hit reset.
Smdh
In the pound Wrote:Lc needs to get this season over and hit reset.

Not just yet! I want to see if we can hold the bye week to under 35 points. :rockon: If the Bye week throws the ball or runs outside they should pop off about 40 points at least.
Congrats to Floyd Central.
Congrats to FC and my boy Darrin C, nice win!
How bout them jags that 2 weeks done wonders they never got tired n had fight in em till the end
This is my last post on this site. Please God fire Cecil, prince and caudill. Hire wright! Short days are numbered if he cannot make decisions to better the team. Lc is done and my once proud team is garbage. Sad that outta 71 kids the staff could not identify 11 guys that could tackle and play defense. Oh and the predictable offence of the QB keeper is pure genius. The qb should never lead the team in rushing. Defense couldn't stop anything. Enough is enough. How could anyone accept this. The real sick part is people actually think LC is down. I promise chuck Williams would've found the perfect spots for players. Clean house and bring people that know how to teach and coach. Lawrence county needs to do some soul searching this off season. When parents tell me the defense doesn't do anything In practice it just sickens me. People are going to transfer and I dont blame them. And anyone that can defend this staff knows nothing of where LC was and what has become of a once fierce proud program. Btw congrats to Floyd central.
Congratulations to Floyd Central and coach Hager great win for this program.
Coach Hager has done a great job putting the pieces together this year. Great inaugeral campaign.
F.N.L. Wrote:Congrats to FC and my boy Darrin C, nice win!

They dedicat d that game to me I just had surgery had part of my lung removed so I am glad they won lol.... thanks
In the pound Wrote:This is my last post on this site. Please God fire Cecil, prince and caudill. Hire wright! Short days are numbered if he cannot make decisions to better the team. Lc is done and my once proud team is garbage. Sad that outta 71 kids the staff could not identify 11 guys that could tackle and play defense. Oh and the predictable offence of the QB keeper is pure genius. The qb should never lead the team in rushing. Defense couldn't stop anything. Enough is enough. How could anyone accept this. The real sick part is people actually think LC is down. I promise chuck Williams would've found the perfect spots for players. Clean house and bring people that know how to teach and coach. Lawrence county needs to do some soul searching this off season. When parents tell me the defense doesn't do anything In practice it just sickens me. People are going to transfer and I dont blame them. And anyone that can defend this staff knows nothing of where LC was and what has become of a once fierce proud program. Btw congrats to Floyd central.

So many things to pick apart in your post, where do I start? :Shaking:

1. This isn't college or pro sports, you realize that? Unless the new coaches you desire are willing to be paid only $2000 a year, I don't see the school system bringing in 3-5 new coaches and giving them teaching jobs.......especially when there is a financial situation going on statewide in school districts. But, live in your dream world......

2. If you know so much, why aren't you on the sidelines? If you know which players would make a difference, or which offense they could run perfect, why isn't your expertise out there? Coaching from the stands......oh yeah......never lose a game there! Confusedhh:

3. If kids are talking about transferring, where to? Or better yet, WHO CARES! That attitude is worse than what you describe of the coaching problems you suggested. Perhaps if the players are so dedicated and love to win so much that they are frustrated and prepared to leave, they would have a little pride about them and overcome their deficiencies???
The way I have it figured out for Floyd Central to receive the 2 seed...
Lynn camp needs to beat McCreary Central
Perry Central needs to beat Prestonsburg
Ridgeview, VA needs to beat Pike central

All this gives me a headache :HitWall:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:So many things to pick apart in your post, where do I start? :Shaking:

1. This isn't college or pro sports, you realize that? Unless the new coaches you desire are willing to be paid only $2000 a year, I don't see the school system bringing in 3-5 new coaches and giving them teaching jobs.......especially when there is a financial situation going on statewide in school districts. But, live in your dream world......

2. If you know so much, why aren't you on the sidelines? If you know which players would make a difference, or which offense they could run perfect, why isn't your expertise out there? Coaching from the stands......oh yeah......never lose a game there! Confusedhh:

3. If kids are talking about transferring, where to? Or better yet, WHO CARES! That attitude is worse than what you describe of the coaching problems you suggested. Perhaps if the players are so dedicated and love to win so much that they are frustrated and prepared to leave, they would have a little pride about them and overcome their deficiencies???

This. All of it.

The number of coaches (from head to assistants) getting out of it are far more than the ones staying in it over time & far more than those getting into it.

And I hate to say this; because I’m a small town person and love Louisa. But who in the hell do people think are going to move there and stay that don’t have any kind of ties to the town? Then to fight Belfry?

The assistant coaching pay at Lawrence County is embarrassing.
Congrats Floyd
In the pound Wrote:This is my last post on this site. Please God fire Cecil, prince and caudill. Hire wright! Short days are numbered if he cannot make decisions to better the team. Lc is done and my once proud team is garbage. Sad that outta 71 kids the staff could not identify 11 guys that could tackle and play defense. Oh and the predictable offence of the QB keeper is pure genius. The qb should never lead the team in rushing. Defense couldn't stop anything. Enough is enough. How could anyone accept this. The real sick part is people actually think LC is down. I promise chuck Williams would've found the perfect spots for players. Clean house and bring people that know how to teach and coach. Lawrence county needs to do some soul searching this off season. When parents tell me the defense doesn't do anything In practice it just sickens me. People are going to transfer and I dont blame them. And anyone that can defend this staff knows nothing of where LC was and what has become of a once fierce proud program. Btw congrats to Floyd central.

The biggest problem I see with this post is that’s you are posting about stuff you don’t know of first hand... you admit that when you said that parents tell you about practice... probably parents who are upset that their kid isn’t playing.... I’ve seen multiple players play multiple positions... I’ve seen multiple players pulled out of the game after blown assignments to be coached up and put back in.... Watching the game last night, I saw missed tackles all over the field... I’ve not known of any team who has not practiced tackling... I’ve seen them do tackling drills in warm-ups (not taking each other to the ground, but form tackling)...I assume they are practicing tacking during the week, but with as many injuries that they have I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t go full contact... if you have ever been a part of a football team, you would know that most of the mistakes that are being made are not coaching decisions... at some point, the players gotta play... I was discouraged about the offense not throwing the ball more, but then I seen them try and it is not very good.... I come in and catch the end of practice often when I’m at youth league practice... I see them practicing throwing the ball, and I also see the scout team running the upcoming opponent’s plays against our defense regularly... not sure who is telling you that they aren’t practicing defense, but that’s not the case... I’m sure they have a few underclassmen who could handle getting varsity playing time, but most of what I see on the sideline are not kids who would make us better by being on the field... I would like to see more guys play both ways if they can help us... I’m a firm believer of the best player should play regardless, but when I see a RB winded after a long run in the 1st quarter I can see why they don’t... I would like to see the team be in better shape, but I don’t think the coaching is terrible as you suggest.... if our team was better at throwing the ball, it would allow us to open up the playbook some, but it’s hard to run the ball with 8-9 guys in the box.... I feel like they are running the perfect offense for their skill set... defense is too much in the habit of not finishing plays... too many arm tackles, but I’ve not seen a coach make a tackle in all my years of watching football... just like I’ve never seen a coach bat down a pass or field a kick... if the players are in position and fail to make a play... it’s not on the coaches... and maybe, just maybe, that player blowing a play is still their best option at the position he is playing... just my 2 cents
I have to say this is first year I've watched LC football in some time. I've watched 3 games. 2 vs 1a schools. I'm no coach nor never been or want to coach. But the play calling is so predictable. Qb shouldn't be the leading rusher need to put him at RB. I'm amazed LC has 60-70 kids out. I've seen it if your team doesn't start winning and hosting playoff games those numbers will go down. Your wrong about paying coaches $$$$ money. I have a few people I know from college and in HS that coach maybe not all football but they have very good programs and put in long hours during seasons. 2 of the games I came to were home games. Really surprised looked as if the visting team had just as many or more. I remember the CW days field was packed.
Team 5-5, 4-6 last season
Eagleland Wrote:I have to say this is first year I've watched LC football in some time. I've watched 3 games. 2 vs 1a schools. I'm no coach nor never been or want to coach. But the play calling is so predictable. Qb shouldn't be the leading rusher need to put him at RB. I'm amazed LC has 60-70 kids out. I've seen it if your team doesn't start winning and hosting playoff games those numbers will go down. Your wrong about paying coaches $$$$ money. I have a few people I know from college and in HS that coach maybe not all football but they have very good programs and put in long hours during seasons. 2 of the games I came to were home games. Really surprised looked as if the visting team had just as many or more. I remember the CW days field was packed.
Team 5-5, 4-6 last season

That what I thought when Paintsville played LC. Is, if West is your best guy on the ground and your Never going to throw the ball why not have Someone else at QB and West at RB. There's bound to be multiple kids that can hand the ball off.
The answer is because if we can’t throw anyway, we should use the best option QB as our QB that way we have options in our running game other than direct handoffs
Just my opinion but I really don't see the offense being the problem. I would like to see a better passing game and we certainly need to run outside more than what we do but I know our team relies on basically just slamming the ball behind our center and guards. The defense and special teams has been horrendous beyond words this year, Especially with the secondary. We are terrible at defending the pass and our corners do not play aggressive enough against outside runs. They sit back and wait on the runner to come at them with a head of steam or they are doing a terrible job fighting off the wr blocking. Every time we had Floyd Central on 3rd and long they went trips and rolled the qb that way and we never had any sort of outside contain. We have given every team we play the outside corners and never play up aggressively on wr's. Some of it is on the coaches because a team shouldn't eat you alive over and over with the same play when everyone in the stands is screaming what they are gonna do. They should see it too and make adjustments. The other half is on the players to play with some fire and grit and execute their job. It has been painful to watch our defense struggle like this and I know the players and coaches feel the same way. I don't know what else the coaches can do but I know the boys are just gonna have to say enough is enough and tighten the chin straps and make some plays. This team is better than this.
The special teams is ridiculous, and I have seen them practice it literally every single day that I have been there.... we need to go for 2 every play and just kick it out of bounds or onside when we kick off.... our defense isn’t built to let the other team start with the ball on our side of the field every time.... I heard a player talking after the game and was mad about the play they scored on at the end.... he was mad because the coaches told them the exact play that Floyd Central was gonna run on that play and they still didn’t guard the TE.... hearing that made me feel like the players aren’t trusting the coaching enough to execute... as an example, I have heard the coaches yelling at corners for going inside a blocker and giving up the outside every game it seems like... they keep doing it even though I have witnessed them being told repeatedly not to.. same with OLBs on occassion... I don’t know what the deal is, but I do think the best players are on the field for the most part... Not having CJ Fairchild all season was a blow to our secondary and our backfield... heard he isn’t gonna play next year either because he is a baseball kid.... I would just like to see a tougher and more aggressive style of play... I don’t know if the kids have it in them to be that type of player because I see players backing away from contact when trying to tackle rather than attacking the ball carrier... shying away from contact is never good... makes you look soft... if we expect to ever be playing at a high level, we gotta play physical... teams should hate to play us because they are getting knocked around all game
Wildcat45 Wrote:The special teams is ridiculous, and I have seen them practice it literally every single day that I have been there.... we need to go for 2 every play and just kick it out of bounds or onside when we kick off.... our defense isn’t built to let the other team start with the ball on our side of the field every time.... I heard a player talking after the game and was mad about the play they scored on at the end.... he was mad because the coaches told them the exact play that Floyd Central was gonna run on that play and they still didn’t guard the TE.... hearing that made me feel like the players aren’t trusting the coaching enough to execute... as an example, I have heard the coaches yelling at corners for going inside a blocker and giving up the outside every game it seems like... they keep doing it even though I have witnessed them being told repeatedly not to.. same with OLBs on occassion... I don’t know what the deal is, but I do think the best players are on the field for the most part... Not having CJ Fairchild all season was a blow to our secondary and our backfield... heard he isn’t gonna play next year either because he is a baseball kid.... I would just like to see a tougher and more aggressive style of play... I don’t know if the kids have it in them to be that type of player because I see players backing away from contact when trying to tackle rather than attacking the ball carrier... shying away from contact is never good... makes you look soft... if we expect to ever be playing at a high level, we gotta play physical... teams should hate to play us because they are getting knocked around all game

Then it falls back on coaching. If a kid is told or has a particular assignment and doesn't follow thru. Then yank him until you find someone that will listen. Idc who mommy or daddy is yank them. And is just a life lesson which the game of football is full of. There is a consequence to everything in life. If you don't listen to the boss yo ass will be watching from the stands. Coach or Coaches need get some backbone. Imo everyone besides Short needs scrapped. Give him another 3 years if discpline and things not changed by then. He needs gone too!!
KyRock75 Wrote:Then it falls back on coaching. If a kid is told or has a particular assignment and doesn't follow thru. Then yank him until you find someone that will listen. Idc who mommy or daddy is yank them. And is just a life lesson which the game of football is full of. There is a consequence to everything in life. If you don't listen to the boss yo ass will be watching from the stands. Coach or Coaches need get some backbone. Imo everyone besides Short needs scrapped. Give him another 3 years if discpline and things not changed by then. He needs gone too!!

As I said, I have seen multiple players in multiple positions... I still think the best players are on the field.... I’ve seen JV games too, and number 11 is the only kid I seee who could maybe help out our Varsity squad... I have seen kids jerked out of the game after blown assignments in about every game.... most recently, I have noticed number 5 on defense more lately,.. can’t remember seeing him play against Raceland or really any game until a few weeks ago... 24 was either benched or hurt for a couple of games... Friday, it seemed like the DBs were on some sort of rotation, but that could’ve been because they were pulling players who were missing assignments... the d-line seems to always be changing their personnel groups... at some point, the players gotta play... I’m sure some of the blame has to be placed on some of the coaches, but to clean house sounds ignorant... the coaches who want to be there are.. most of those coaches are unpaid from what I understand... how you gonna fire someone who was never on the payroll? Turn away good help for someone who may or may not come to fill the position and who may or may not have a clue about how to coach football.... they may need to do some thinking about what kinds of changes they can make during the off-season, but cleaning house isn’t the answer.... if coach short wants changes made, he just needs to tell the other coaches what changes are to be made and see to it that they are following his instruction... that’s it... you don’t just change personnel, change the system they are coaching.... and it’s not daddy ball... if you have kid in mind that you think is better, he probably isn’t... some kids are just not as good as others when it comes to sports... to any outsider, it makes it look like people are whining about their kid not playing when they complain about coaching and daddy ball all the time