Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County/ Russell updates
Bath County 12
Russell 7

Halftime
WOW! Bigger shock than the Ashland score
Russell too many penalties resulting from way too much kool aid! bahaha lol
In all seriousness though I see Russell taking this game over at some point if they can sober up! No more kool aid, WATER!
I truly wonder in the history between these two teams if Bath County has ever led in the 2nd half?
More penalties!!!! Too much dang gum fancy pansy shenanigans in the backfield. Devils need to line up and run it right at Bath. Good lord this aint that hard to figure out!
Russell has more size and depth than Bath. All this shotgun spread soft offense garbage is playing into Bath's favor! Same problem different week!
And BTW I believe Bath is bullying the Devils with the WING-T!!... that old outdated offense that doesn’t work anymore right?
Devils pull ahead 13-12... everyone in Flatwoods holding our breath. BTW if you can’t stop Bath County’s wing T how you gonna stop the RED ARMY?
I wasn't holding my Breath. I was just waiting for the 20th post from ThinBlueLine411 on playing the shotgun spread offense compared to the WING-T that ThinBlueLine411 played all those years with Coach McGlone at Russell. I just don't get it from a Russell graduate that continues to knock down Coach Maynard because he took over maybe 1 or 2 years earlier instead of the Russell admin letting McGlone finish a couple of more years. I just don't get it Coach Maynard would have been here if it was another year or two for Coach McGlone. By the way Coach Maynard was 5-0 against Russell and Coach McGlone when they went head to head.
Also, if you look at this year Coach Maynard has went through 5-6 injuries that played both sides of the ball and there was 2-3 players that were big time playmakers and would have made a difference in the 2-3 losses that Russell had this year vs. GC, Fleming County, and possible Ashland. They would have been 7-2 or 8-1 with the 1 loss against Ironton. I believe the Coach Maynard has done an outstanding job this year at Russell with the amount injuries they faced this year and also there QB Church was out all summer and didn't play in any scrimmages and his 1st game was vs. GC with a Bad Shoulder. Russell will be tough the next 3-4 years with young talent coming up and even playing better on the varsity team this year.
david5164 Wrote:I wasn't holding my Breath. I was just waiting for the 20th post from ThinBlueLine411 on playing the shotgun spread offense compared to the WING-T that ThinBlueLine411 played all those years with Coach McGlone at Russell. I just don't get it from a Russell graduate that continues to knock down Coach Maynard because he took over maybe 1 or 2 years earlier instead of the Russell admin letting McGlone finish a couple of more years. I just don't get it Coach Maynard would have been here if it was another year or two for Coach McGlone. By the way Coach Maynard was 5-0 against Russell and Coach McGlone when they went head to head.
Also, if you look at this year Coach Maynard has went through 5-6 injuries that played both sides of the ball and there was 2-3 players that were big time playmakers and would have made a difference in the 2-3 losses that Russell had this year vs. GC, Fleming County, and possible Ashland. They would have been 7-2 or 8-1 with the 1 loss against Ironton. I believe the Coach Maynard has done an outstanding job this year at Russell with the amount injuries they faced this year and also there QB Church was out all summer and didn't play in any scrimmages and his 1st game was vs. GC with a Bad Shoulder. Russell will be tough the next 3-4 years with young talent coming up and even playing better on the varsity team this year.

O Davey Boy you are full flight from reality, maybe next year when the Devils are struggling to win this cupcake of a district again you might see the light. Until then I am afraid you will just be lost to KOOL AID INTOXICATION!:biglmao: I remember as Freshman playing against Bath's starters in the varsity game and putting up 14 points in one quarter, which would be outscoring Maynard's outstanding offense who had 4 quarters! All I hear Davey are the same excuses every week from you.

And BTW TJ was not 5-0 verse Ivan. You truly must be drunk Davy Boy! Remember the first Backyard Brawl? 2003 Russell victory 21-6? or the previous year in 2002 Russell 28-10 victory? 2001 Russell victory 24-6? or maybe 1999 Russell victory 28-20! THATS THE TRUTH WITH SOME CHEESE ON IT! Still think your smart or cute? I may post 20 times, but at least I know what I am talking about!
BTW TJ was 3-0 vs. Russell and before that Salmons won the previous 2 so yes your right that TJ didn't win 5 vs. Russell but between Salmons and TJ they were 5-0. To be a Russell graduate and fan I really don't understand why you get on here weekly and just continue to be negative vs. Russell and Coach Maynard. I am not Davey boy to start with and yes they are in a cupcake district but I don't continue to get on here and just slam Russell and Coach Maynard because your so upset over the way they handled everything with Coach McGlone. I agreed with you on how they handled all of that was wrong but I still believe they have an outstanding head coach and I will always back Russell each year. I was there during the McGlone era and know he was an outstanding Head Coach but many fans didn't always like his play calling either. I was there when we had Brent Muncy at QB and won the State in '78' two years after Coach McGlone took over at Russell in '76' and then 27 years later won his 2nd state vs. Owensboro Catholic. I just don't understand why you have to be so bitter because of how things were handled with McGlone. I think there was many that were bitter on how it was done but you have to move on and still stand behind Russell and Coach Maynard. That was my point in my last post is that your not the only one that has been at Russell for all these years and stood behind Coach McGlone for 37 years with his 2 state titles and many wins in Regular season and in the Playoffs. There were no better matchups than way back with Coach McGlone and Coach Haywood at Belfry. Those were some great games back when every year it was Russell vs. Belfry. Just give Coach Maynard some credit on what he has done now in his 4th season and will be 36- 13 if they beat Raceland next Friday night. This has been a season with many injuries on both sides of the ball and believe they could be easily 8-2 or 9-1 if they didn't have those key injuries at beginning of season. Then QB Church was way behind this year with his Shoulder Injury during summer and the scrimmages. It has been one of those years with the Injuries but the youth has stepped up and should be an outstanding team over next 3-4 years if there is no injuries.
Maynard owes a public apology to all the seniors he has failed to play on SENIOR NIGHT at Russell! But nobody wants to talk about this! All you kool aid drinkers will run from this topic!

Ivan played seniors all the time not just on senior night regardless of ability if showed commitment and were a team player, YOU PLAYED AS A SENIOR SOMEWHERE
And BTW assistant coaching wins don’t and have NEVER EVER COUNTED!!! Don’t sell Mr. Vanderhoof short of his credit! Your really stretching here David!
Bath goes to Russell and loses by one point wow ether big improvement by Bath or a big drop off for Russell don’t know much about ether team
One of these days you all will acknowledge this elephant in the room. Maybe when he fails to play one of your kids on senior night!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Bath goes to Russell and loses by one point wow ether big improvement by Bath or a big drop off for Russell don’t know much about ether team

Some of both. Russell has been hit some by injury but Bath County is on the rise.