Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Casey County Updates
Refs took a great interception away from casey in my opinion. Game is pretty out of reach anyway
Casey County assistant coach ejected Confusednicker:
Sounds like Corbin made the adjustments needed and played 4 quarters. Casey played hard but everything would have to go their way to pull this one off.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Corbin 35
Casey County 14

Final
Corbin is good in case no one knew
64SUR Wrote:Casey County assistant coach ejected Confusednicker:

I would've been to. But I won't leave:biglmao:
What did the coach do to get ejected? I saw all of the flags. I was focused on the endzone and the pass interference/interception.
Casey is making big strides. Closer game than the score indicated.

Corbin cannot rest on their laurels. Madison Southern 1996 comes to mind. We will see these guys again and they are capable of sneaking up on you.
Casey came to play tonight, they were very prepared and well coached. Congrats to the Hounds and the 4th straight district championship. Better get there head on straight if they are gonna play 6 more..... All these blowouts as of late showed tonight..... Too many foolish penalties for sure. I salute the inside LBs, and 21-35 effort tonight. They are great players. No Doubt.
A little surprised by this one. If Corbin wants another shot at The Beast from the East they better start fine tuning some things in a hurry. Haywood teams make a living on little mistakes by the opposition. Best of luck hounds.
This is the first bad game they’ve played all season, and it’s a tough schedule. We will be fine. Casey is also a pretty darn good team. They thought they could just show up unfocused and walk away with a win, and against casey co you can’t do that. I’m glad we played the way we did, sometimes you need a wake up call. They haven’t played a full game in almost a month now. Come playoff time, focus will be there, and casey will surprise someone.
I was surprised by so many Corbin mistakes that turned into flags. Unsportsmanlikes out the rear, false starts, etc.. Casey then shot themselves in the foot, to pile on top of a GREAT Corbin defense, and having Casey pinned in bad position the entire 4th quarter, by having 2 huge turnovers. I'm not sure Casey could have scored on those plays, but at least we finally had field position (or would have) that wasn't us pinned inside the 10. If nothing else we would have ran clock and probably erased at least 2 scores off the board (maybe just 1). Albeit that would have still equaled a win for Corbin. They are just tough on defense, incredibly tough. Casey is a good defensive team, and very well coached on both sides. I think Corbin's got a few more wrinkles to their game than they had last year. Some different routes and things I don't remember seeing last year. Damn good football team.
Sorry on the overlapped updates 64sur...I couldn't see you were updating as I was trying to do the same. NEXT time...lol, I'm not updating it's all yours. :-)
Actually I liked the dual updates. Gave an account from two perspectives.
Corbin's lack of discipline has been a problem all season. It helped cost them the beechwood game, it almost costed them the mayfield game, and it hurt them terribly tonight. They don't have a chance to win it all if they don't fix it. They have that many penalties against belfry and they'll get ran out of pond creek. Oline is still a concern to me, but I think the defense is good enough to cover it if Corbin will play smart and not put themselves in bad situations. Also, Casey county is legit. The region championship will be a war. In three or four years, Casey county wins a region title if stonebraker is still there. How has that guy not been offered a job at a traditional power? He has taken more than one program from being "whipping boys" to competing at a high level.