Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 22 Ashland 8 (Freshman)
Russell moves to 4-1 and Ashland goes to 4-1
Russell leads the series 25-14 and has won 5 of the last 6
Charlie Jachimczuk was the offensive MVP for Russell (over 100 yards rushing and a TD). AJ Biggs was the defensive MVP.

Hunter Gillum was the offensive MVP for Ashland, Caleb Tackett the defensive MVP.
This Freshman team and JV team both for Russell look awesome with the Young talent. Especially, with the Freshman squad with QB Charlie Jachimczuk winning MVP on Offense and then to have a backfield with Jachimczuk at QB and have Conley and Sharpe at RB and Charlie Jachimczuk running for over 100 yards is an outstanding offense. Then the overall Defense giving up only 30-35 total yards was outstanding. Is Charlie Jachimczuk good enough next year to take over for Austin Church at Quarterback. I know he can for sure run the ball at QB but is he capable of throwing the ball that well too. We could have a Backfield loaded with Soph. and then to have Charlie Jachimczuk at QB and then the young Defense to go along with who we have this year will be an outstanding 'D' for next 2-3 years. Is Charlie Jachimczuk looking to be the Starting QB next year or is Senior to be Grant Wilburn going to be QB or Soph. Charlie Jachimczuk taking over the QB Duties? We know the backfield will be Soph. RB's Conley & Sharpe plus we have Malakai Anderson a junior next year and then Senior Landon Duvall will be back 1 more season and he is nearing the 1,000 yard mark. Then with the young starting Defense we will have to go with who is coming back we should have one outstanding team for next 3-4 years. I was just wondering if Coach Maynard was looking at maybe Starting with Soph. Charlie Jachimczuk at QB or was he going with Sr. Grant Wilburn at QB next year?
Did Pittman play for Ashland?
Bluegrass01 Wrote:Did Pittman play for Ashland?

Yes.
Bluegrass01 Wrote:Did Pittman play for Ashland?

Im sure TJ will start whoever he thinks will give him the best chance at winning. Russells offense is more suited for a throwing qb. The times that Ive seen the Wilburn kid throw it looked like he threw a pretty good ball. I havent seem him run. Of coarse another key factor will be who will be on the receiving end of those throws. I dont know who they have coming back. If they dont have some decent receivers to throw to, and the qb will need to run more, Jachimczuk may play a lot. I think it will be Wilburns job to lose.