Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville-59 Pikeville-55
This game really started out sloppy by both teams. Each had 6 TO's after the first quarter. Paintsville led 11-10.

Samantha Howard scored 10 points in the second as Pikeville took a 28-24 halftime lead.

In the 3rd, Shawna Howard had 8 and Chelsee Jarrell had 6 with Pikeville still holding the lead at 41-40.

The 4th brought more sloppy play with Paintsville outscoring Pikeville 19-14 for the win.

Pikeville:
Samantha Howard 19 points, 4 3's
Shawna Howard 18 points
Shockey 6 points
Harris 12 points

Paintsville:
L. Carroll 8 pts, 5 reb, 2 assists
K. Carroll 16 pts, 6 reb, 4 assists
Hall 8 pts, 4 reb, 2 assists
Russell 11 pts, 5 reb, 2 assists, 4 steals
Jarrell 14 pts, 15 reb ( 8 offensive), 2 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks

I thought Russell played another great game. She came up with some huge steals and rebounds. Jarrell came up big with rebounds and steals.

Paintsville did shoot 43% from the field. When they shoot like that, they'll beat a lot of teams.

Congrats to Paintsville.

Good luck to both teams in the district. Hopefully you'll meet in the region on a neutral court.
Congrats to Paintsville on a huge win!!!!!!
Congrats Painstville....
These girls could do some damage in the regional tournament.
WOW..This was a shocker
Congrats to the Lady Tigers and Mark Baldwin on a victory that came on Senior Night for Ashley Hall. Looks like the Tigers are gaining momentum here of late and taking that into the District Tournament.
I didn't expect Painstville to win, I thought the Panthers would come out the win here.
"Basketballer" Wrote:WOW..This was a shocker

It's not a shocker to those of us who have watched them play all year and seen what they are capable of, you just never give these girls a chance, you are always putting these girls especially my lil sis down, if these last 3-5 weeks haven't changed your mind IDK what will.

Congrats Lady Tigers, keep up the hard work, get ready for a cat fight next week.

Good effort Panthers, good luck in districts.
"Bill_Don" Wrote:

It's not a shocker to those of us who have watched them play all year and seen what they are capable of, you just never give these girls a chance, you are always putting these girls especially my lil sis down, if these last 3-5 weeks haven't changed your mind IDK what will.

Congrats Lady Tigers, keep up the hard work, get ready for a cat fight next week.

Bill_Don, you of all people should know that Paintsville plays up to the competition, just like UK does. It has produced up and down results all year.

This team is so much better than 11-11. They should be more like 17-5. Since Chelsee started playing so well, they're still only 4-3. I think their biggest problem is shooting and turnovers. It's hard to win when you shoot 25% and turn the ball over 20 times a game. Last night they shot 43%. They're a pretty decent team when they shoot well. That was with Chelsee making 6-12 shots. She usually shoots much better than that.

IF, and that's a big IF, Paintsville survives Johnson Central in the first round of the district, they will make some big noise in the region. They know they can beat Pikeville, Betsy Layne, and all of the other contenders.

Lets hope the basket looks like an ocean for the Lady Tigers the rest of the year wav.gif
"Bill_Don" Wrote:

It was a shocker to me because I think Pikeville is the better team. I'm not saying Paintsville isn't any good, and I'm not saying Jarell isn't because I think she is a good player. No one puts down the team or your lil sis on purpose, everyone has opinions just like you do.
"BallaBaby" Wrote:It was a shocker to me because I think Pikeville is the better team. I'm not saying Paintsville isn't any good, and I'm not saying Jarell isn't because I think she is a good player. No one puts down the team or your lil sis on purpose, everyone has opinions just like you do.

I wasn't saying you put em' down, Basketballer has been since Day 1, no actually before that, he/she has been putting them down since summer ball. Just because they didn't impress Basketballer in the summer, and Chelsee played hurt when she wasn't suppose to, Paintsville isn't any good, they get lucky.

Nothing was directed to you Balla, sorry if it sounded like it or seemed to be.
I know it wasn't directed to me, I was just saying that I agree with Basketballer on some of her opinions.
"BallaBaby" Wrote:I know it wasn't directed to me, I was just saying that I agree with Basketballer on some of her opinions.

I agree on some of her opinions too, I just don't agree with her judging Paintsville on what she saw in the summer, for one Kendra Carroll didn't play with Paintsville in the summer, two the young girls were just starting to play against much older competition and getting varsity action and were a little nervous and shook up, three Chelsee was hurt and wasn't even suppose to be playing at that time during the summer (hurt her knee during softball which was about 2-3 weeks before the summer camp at JC.)
"Bill_Don" Wrote:
"BallaBaby" Wrote:I know it wasn't directed to me, I was just saying that I agree with Basketballer on some of her opinions.

I agree on some of her opinions too, I just don't agree with her judging Paintsville on what she saw in the summer, for one Kendra Carroll didn't play with Paintsville in the summer, two the young girls were just starting to play against much older competition and getting varsity action and were a little nervous and shook up, three Chelsee was hurt and wasn't even suppose to be playing at that time during the summer (hurt her knee during softball which was about 2-3 weeks before the summer camp at JC.)
Hey Bill_Don, are you Basketballer married? If not you'd make a great married couple. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously, you are so right. Basketballer hasn't given any credit to Paintsville and especially your sis, Chelsee. On another site, Basketballer said she wouldn't even have Chelsee on her team Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: She is by far the best true post player in the region. Becky Thomas doesn't play the post, she plays the wing. Even if she did play the post, I'd still take Jarrell because Jarrell rebounds and Thomas doesn't. Jarrell also plays a lot better defense.

I hope your sis has a great post season and leads Paintsville to the region. It won't be easy beating Johnson Central. Mike Fields with the Lexington Herald picked Johnson Central to win the region.