Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grundy VA at Pikeville 10/20
Grundy is 5-2 and ranked #8 in Class A in Virginia per Calpreps. Pikeville is 3-4 and ranked #7 in Class A in Kentucky per Calpreps. Who ya got?
Panthers beginning to roll. Pikeville by 14
Panthers 27 - 14. Panthers just maybe realizing what one of the toughest schedules in single a can do for them now.
Golden Wave roll. Preparing for another National Championship wrestling run goes through Pikeville.
This is going to be a good measuring stick for the Panthers to see how far they have come a rated team in Virginia with a good running game. Pikeville wins in a close on 28 to 21
Panthers are coming. They are progressively getting better. I. believe Paintsville and Hazard are better. Raceland and the Panthers are ver similar. Any one of the 4 could come out if the East with Paintsville being the favorite
Not going to be any wrestling Friday. I think the Panthers come out with purpose and take care of business. Agree that it's a good measuring stick.

Pikeville 35
Grundy 14
This is an interesting match-up. Grundy is very much a power team and they have had good success running the ball. I think they really test Pikeville. One thing I see lacking with Pikeville is speed. I don't see that break away player yet. I'm going to take Grundy in what I consider a mild upset 21-20.
I have to disagree with School admin. Pikeville definitely have speed but agree Grundy is a physical team and run the ball very well.Pikeville will have to tackle well and control the trenches to win this game but offensely they will be fine.
I'm telling y'all folks Pikeville maybe backed in the hunt in 1A :letsfight:letsfight:letsfight

Pikeville 42
Grundy WV 17
Another Toughy for the Mountain Putty tats.
Grundy by 12
[quote=Big Don]Grundy by 12[/QUOTE

There you are Don. Thought you were AWOL.:biggrin:
Nah, I'm here dawg!
I’m going with tha Panthers in this one
Just saw where Grundy's wins were over Lebanon, Hurley, Twin Valley, J.I. Burton, and Honaker.:yikes: Panthers roll.
jetpilot Wrote:Just saw where Grundy's wins were over Lebanon, Hurley, Twin Valley, J.I. Burton, and Honaker.:yikes: Panthers roll.

Not to say Pikeville won't win (and probably easiliy) but that's not much less impressive than Pikeville's wins over 3 teams with a combined record of 3-20.
Motley Wrote:Not to say Pikeville won't win (and probably easiliy) but that's not much less impressive than Pikeville's wins over 3 teams with a combined record of 3-20.

You are right in that Pikeville hasn't beaten a good team yet. Their schedule though has them playing at a higher level than they were and has them ready to compete with good teams while continuing to improve.
64SUR Wrote:I'm telling y'all folks Pikeville maybe backed in the hunt in 1A :letsfight:letsfight:letsfight

Pikeville 42
Grundy WV 17

Grundy is in Virginia, not WV
Motley Wrote:Not to say Pikeville won't win (and probably easiliy) but that's not much less impressive than Pikeville's wins over 3 teams with a combined record of 3-20.
And their losses were to teams that are a combined 27-4. Pikeville has played one of the toughest schedules in the state, certainly at the 1A Level. Only Beechwood has played a more difficult schedule in 1A. It has made them better overall.
jetpilot Wrote:Just saw where Grundy's wins were over Lebanon, Hurley, Twin Valley, J.I. Burton, and Honaker.:yikes: Panthers roll.

I wish I knew a little more about Virginia football. There losses are to Ridgeview and Central. Ridgeview is 6-1 but Central is 2-6 and I'm not sure how tough there schedule is though. Should be a quality game.
PHSForever Wrote:And their losses were to teams that are a combined 27-4. Pikeville has played one of the toughest schedules in the state, certainly at the 1A Level. Only Beechwood has played a more difficult schedule in 1A. It has made them better overall.

Everybody knows the Panthers have the beast SOS for the last 10 years :flame:
bac2369 Wrote:I wish I knew a little more about Virginia football. There losses are to Ridgeview and Central. Ridgeview is 6-1 but Central is 2-6 and I'm not sure how tough there schedule is though. Should be a quality game.

Ridgeview is a SW Virginia power house, ask JP TongueirateSho
TigerBlues Wrote:Ridgeview is a SW Virginia power house, ask JP TongueirateSho

I've heard of them because Clintwood came to hazard a few years back and I know they are one of the schools consolidated to make the new school
TigerBlues Wrote:Everybody knows the Panthers have the beast SOS for the last 10 years :flame:

Everybody knows Pikeville has always played a tough schedule that's a big reason why they have all those state championships...:1::1::1::1:TongueirateShoConfusedinglepar
TigerBlues Wrote:Ridgeview is a SW Virginia power house, ask JP TongueirateSho

It's a good place to drink beer but Clintwood and Haysi were better before they consolidated.TongueirateSho
PHSForever Wrote:And their losses were to teams that are a combined 27-4. Pikeville has played one of the toughest schedules in the state, certainly at the 1A Level. Only Beechwood has played a more difficult schedule in 1A. It has made them better overall.

Definitely. And I should have pointed out to Motley that Pikeville has crushed the bad teams on their schedule, which is what good teams do.
bac2369 Wrote:I've heard of them because Clintwood came to hazard a few years back and I know they are one of the schools consolidated to make the new school

100% correct Bac, me and you are in the same page with SOS TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:Not going to be any wrestling Friday. I think the Panthers come out with purpose and take care of business. Agree that it's a good measuring stick.

Pikeville 35
Grundy 14

I heard there will be a wrestling match in the parking lot of the IGA in Mouthcard JP immediately following the game :ChairHit:

That post has some floppy information :thatsfunn