Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Bell County Updates
Granny Bear Wrote:Are you serious??

Yes I am serious. And that’s not hearsay. I know for a fact. Haddix called and asked because he had heard from multiple people they weren’t going to and they told him it wouldn’t be open to them. So they set in the last row of the bleachers on our side
Wow! That's pretty bad.
Lot of love between these two
Hound05 Wrote:Corbin coaches were locked out of press box by BC. Setting a row behind us eating popcorn now. I guess they might as well enjoy the view and openness of it hahah. I was hoping they weren’t going to run up the score too bad but now I hope they do after that classless act

Classless is about all you can say!!! I also heard they treated Coach Mills pretty bad at a middle school game earlier this year.
Wow you gotta be kidding me. I can't believe the fans and boosters put up with something like that. I'd be embarrassed.
I was told Casey coaches were in the top row of the visitors side when they played Bell. Smoke may want to confirm or deny that.
Hound05 Wrote:Corbin coaches were locked out of press box by BC. Setting a row behind us eating popcorn now. I guess they might as well enjoy the view and openness of it hahah. I was hoping they weren’t going to run up the score too bad but now I hope they do after that classless act

Haddix should have hung a 100 on them. He could have. No excuse for that bull
Lots of classless acts this week by the grumpy ol man. It is a fact that Corbin's coaches were not allowed on press box. Said there wasn't enuf room. Bell had 2 coaches up there that took up 30' of space Smile
Corbin was also told originally that they couldn't dress in the visitor's locker room, that they needed to dress at the baseball field. I was told that Bell's principal had to get involved before Corbin was allowed in the visitor's locker room.
Wow I didn’t know that about the locker rooms. I know half the team was standing outside by the concession stand during the half. So it must have been small either way. I’m pretty sure our radio guys where up in the box, I bet that was awkward! Haha. I don’t know about the casey coaches either. I didn’t see them, but I wasn’t looking for them either. Corbin could have probably put up 70 if they wanted to, and I wished they would have, but I’m glad they didn’t. As has been said on here before, it’s not the kids fault, no need to demoralize them. And that running clock kills ya. I did see a lot of sportsmanship on the field though. A lot of Corbin guys helping BC up off the field and probably vice versa. Btw BC, NICE playing field, 1st time I’ve actially seen it in person
Rip/Spin Wrote:I was told Casey coaches were in the top row of the visitors side when they played Bell. Smoke may want to confirm or deny that.

I was definitely going to go watch. Lol...But Boyle game was closer and I figured I knew how this one would go. Game went similar to what I expected except I thought Bell would get a legit TD against first team, just 1 possibly, and then another late against JV. Unfortunately, or maybe not that, but I went to a "Judgement House" (huge play put on at a local church) with my youngest boy. We had our bonfire tonight before homecoming, not sure if coach stayed for it or went to Bell...I know at least one that was thinking about it. Heck, no game tonight and game tomorrow so might as well go watch some football. Wish I had of got to go. They were gonna open the press box for me...
Hound05 Wrote:Wow I didn’t know that about the locker rooms. I know half the team was standing outside by the concession stand during the half. So it must have been small either way. I’m pretty sure our radio guys where up in the box, I bet that was awkward! Haha. I don’t know about the casey coaches either. I didn’t see them, but I wasn’t looking for them either. Corbin could have probably put up 70 if they wanted to, and I wished they would have, but I’m glad they didn’t. As has been said on here before, it’s not the kids fault, no need to demoralize them. And that running clock kills ya. I did see a lot of sportsmanship on the field though. A lot of Corbin guys helping BC up off the field and probably vice versa. Btw BC, NICE playing field, 1st time I’ve actially seen it in person

Their facilities are top notch, field, etc.. First time I walked on Corbin's years ago couldn't believe how soft and carpety your natural grass was. I prefer it to play on, but the upkeep is a lot of work of course. Seriously our radio guys and Bell's radio guys are very cordial and friendly to each other. But of course we aren't the crazy rivals like you guys. Truly wouldn't put any animosity on their radio guys though, they are class acts. Now Corbin didn't give me room to record, at all, 2 years ago, the first time. Game film. Went to every window and was told no room...Dudes...so our radio guys broadcast from one doorway, and I recorded gamefilm from another. The next time, playoff, to your credit, we were given at least some room. No reason not to be cordial to each other. There are supposed to be ONLY 3 guys up top at our place, 2 coaches, and a camera guy/gal, then our 2 coaches, and we get 2 camera people. We never fuss about someone having an extra camera guy or gal up at our place, and give room. Then room in our booth for your radio guys, our P/A guy and clock keeper, and our radio guys. I think we should all agree to allow the other guy the same, or everyone will just start locking each other out. I'll be up there with a camera in 2 weeks, watching us try to compete. Sizemore is going to be tough to deal with. Always is, love that kid.