Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy Scouts Allowing Girls to Join
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/11/us/boy-sco...index.html

So what do you think about the Boy Scouts of America allowing girls to join?
It's 2017. Nothing surprises me anymore
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I just don't understand the point or need.
For Pete sake, they literally have the girls scout they can join..
I was never cool enough to be a part of any type of scouts, but I imagine it's not that different anyways is It?

I think this just makes being a part of it more meaningless than it already is.
I was in two different Cub Scout Dens growing up. As far as letting girls in, I think it's great. I remember growing up, there were a lot more Cub Scout Dens than there were Brownies. This will give girls a chance to join a group if there isn't a Brownies group close by. I see nothing wrong with it at all.
What if there are brownie troops close?

I had the coolest brownie troop in all of Kentucky until I got banned from the organization.
Granny Bear Wrote:What if there are brownie troops close?

I had the coolest brownie troop in all of Kentucky until I got banned from the organization.

Banned?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Yes. In the late 1970s, my troop sold more GS cookies than anyone else in the entire state. Worked their tiny little butts off. Well, we had to use to Boy Scout camp because the Girl Scout camp was in such terrible shape. Imagine my hope when we sold all these cookies!! The entire troop and I were anxious to see the improvements made in our camp; when all of a sudden that money went to other places. Western Kentucky and Lexington got all the benefit and absolutely zero of the funds came back to us. Zero!

So I wrote letters to every newspaper in the state and to the GS organization and anybody else I could think of but NO action.

We were scheduled to meet with John Y Brown that year because he was the governor of Kentucky. During that pomp and circumstance meeting, he made the mistake of asking me if there was anything he could do for our troop. It makes me smile thinking about what all I unloaded on him.

The next week, I got an official letter removing me as troop leader. Said my services were no longer needed or wanted, that year and future years.
Granny Bear Wrote:Yes. In the late 1970s, my troop sold more GS cookies than anyone else in the entire state. Worked their tiny little butts off. Well, we had to use to Boy Scout camp because the Girl Scout camp was in such terrible shape. Imagine my hope when we sold all these cookies!! The entire troop and I were anxious to see the improvements made in our camp; when all of a sudden that money went to other places. Western Kentucky and Lexington got all the benefit and absolutely zero of the funds came back to us. Zero!

So I wrote letters to every newspaper in the state and to the GS organization and anybody else I could think of but NO action.

We were scheduled to meet with John Y Brown that year because he was the governor of Kentucky. During that pomp and circumstance meeting, he made the mistake of asking me if there was anything he could do for our troop. It makes me smile thinking about what all I unloaded on him.

The next week, I got an official letter removing me as troop leader. Said my services were no longer needed or wanted, that year and future years.

I bet John Y Brown didn't know what he was getting himself into. Did you also get a hand delivered letter from the Governor's Mansion saying all future visits were not wanted or needed. Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:What if there are brownie troops close?

Well Granny Bear, I guess it's a slippery slope. It would be bad if the Boy Scouts were to hurt Girl Scout membership.
^ I'm an old fuddy duddy and resist change. I just don't see the need in the girls joining the Boy Scouts. If it's a sexist statement or a political move, then it has no place there.
JMO
Feminists are going to slam me!!

Westside Wrote:I bet John Y Brown didn't know what he was getting himself into. Did you also get a hand delivered letter from the Governor's Mansion saying all future visits were not wanted or needed. Confusednicker:
Well, in late 1980 Gov Brown's baby had to have surgery for pyloric stenosis (big word for gastric reflux, but his was severe). The very same day, the very same doctor did an aneurism repair for my dad. I actually met both the Browns, and oddly enough, he remembered me. But no, I didn't get a letter of any kind from him.
Granny Bear Wrote:Yes. In the late 1970s, my troop sold more GS cookies than anyone else in the entire state. Worked their tiny little butts off. Well, we had to use to Boy Scout camp because the Girl Scout camp was in such terrible shape. Imagine my hope when we sold all these cookies!! The entire troop and I were anxious to see the improvements made in our camp; when all of a sudden that money went to other places. Western Kentucky and Lexington got all the benefit and absolutely zero of the funds came back to us. Zero!

Granny for President 2020!
#BBFL
Granny Bear Wrote:^ I'm an old fuddy duddy and resist change. I just don't see the need in the girls joining the Boy Scouts. If it's a sexist statement or a political move, then it has no place there.
JMO
Feminists are going to slam me!!

Well, in late 1980 Gov Brown's baby had to have surgery for pyloric stenosis (big word for gastric reflux, but his was severe). The very same day, the very same doctor did an aneurism repair for my dad. I actually met both the Browns, and oddly enough, he remembered me. But no, I didn't get a letter of any kind from him.

Well I'm not big on a lot of change. That is why I will never set foot in Target again.
Westside Wrote:Well I'm not big on a lot of change. That is why I will never set foot in Target again.

What did Target do?
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:What did Target do?

They have added unisex bathrooms for transgenders in some stores and are making certain sections of the store gender neutral.
They also refused to remove a product from their stores that was harmful to kids. As a result 6 little girls ended up hospitalized and very sick. All the other stores but Target removed the item before that was a mandatory recall. Target waited for the recall. It was play jewelry for little girls, not anything important. That said to me that they were more about making money than the health of children.

I sent my credit card back to them, cut up, and included another letter.
Westside Wrote:They have added unisex bathrooms for transgenders in some stores and are making certain sections of the store gender neutral.

I did not know that. The world is a messed up place!
#BBFL