Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County @ Dunbar, 10/13
Your thoughts and predictions...
Scott County by 36+
Scott Co 70-4. SC misses 7 EP and a FG cause their special teams coach only shows up for practice 1 time!
Scout County Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:Big Grinrums02:
Rosie ODonnell ugly.👺
Scott County 55-14
If this game is remotely close.... Then Scott Co. is overrated. Which THEY ARE NOT.
Could this game be a running clock in the first quarter?
Fly By Night Wrote:Could this game be a running clock in the first quarter?

Yes.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Yes.

Has that ever happened before in Kentucky high school football?

In Ohio, the running clock cannot begin until the start of the 2nd half.
Cards roll this one, unless McKee subs third team in first qtr
Running cock by halftime.
Fly By Night Wrote:Has that ever happened before in Kentucky high school football?

In Ohio, the running clock cannot begin until the start of the 2nd half.

Happens quite often, once that 36 point thresh hold is crossed, the clock keeps running until the end of the game, even if the other team completely closes the gap on the scoreboard.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Happens quite often, once that 36 point thresh hold is crossed, the clock keeps running until the end of the game, even if the other team completely closes the gap on the scoreboard.

Do you know if a team has ever came back to win after the running clock was put in place?
Scott Co.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Happens quite often, once that 36 point thresh hold is crossed, the clock keeps running until the end of the game, even if the other team completely closes the gap on the scoreboard.

I will rephrase the question.

Has any Kentucky high school football team ever started a running clock in the 1st quarter?

If so, when?

I have seen many running clocks begin in the second quarter, but never begin in the first quarter of a game.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Do you know if a team has ever came back to win after the running clock was put in place?

That has never happened; however, Lexington Catholic almost did against Highlands in the 2013 4A State Semifinals.

Highlands was up 36-0 in the second quarter. Lexington Catholic cut the lead to 7 with 3:45 left in the 4th. However, Highlands scored again to win by 14 by a score of 49-35.
Here is a link to that story.

www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/article44456124.html
Cantrall's Rating has Scott County at 91.7 and Dunbar at 37.2.

That is a 54.5 point difference.
Scott Co by 40
This will get ugly quick. Scott Co. with a running clock by halftime.
I hope that somebody can provide updates.

If not, what is Scott County's radio station for football?
Scott Co. isn’t as good as they have been but there still a pretty good ball team so I think they will cruise past Dunbar in this one
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Scott Co. isn’t as good as they have been but there still a pretty good ball team so I think they will cruise past Dunbar in this one

This is probably the best Scott County has been in three years. They will likely play for another state championship this season.