Region 1 38 CAMPBELLSVILLE VS 36 EDMONSON CO

7TH
SCORE WINNER VS SCORE LOSER
Region 1 24 FRANKLIN SIMPSON VS 8 LOGAN COUNTY
Region 1 41 CAMPBELLSVILLE VS 6 EDMONSON CO
Region 3 32 JOHNSON CO VS 6 MCNABB
Region 3 50 BONDURANT VS 28 SHELBY EAST
Region 3 14 UNION JAGUARS VS 8 LCA
What about Region 2 Play-in Games for last night?
He listed the region 2 games...They start off by saying "Region 2"
Apparently I have an incorrect Bracket because I was looking for Kammerer v Farnsley and Crosby v Newburg
I meant region 2 for 7th Grade that is.
log7590 Wrote:Apparently I have an incorrect Bracket because I was looking for Kammerer v Farnsley and Crosby v Newburg

Being played tonight.
Kammerer over farnsley.

Newburg/crosby starting in 20 minutes
Newburg over Crosby
Newburg felt the need to score 72????
AngryMob Wrote:Newburg felt the need to score 72????

This is a valid point.
Cardfan1 Wrote:This is a valid point.

8 minute quarters... running clock rules... no excuse for that!
Westport and JCTMS scores 62 and 63 respectfully. Both teams pulled starters at the half and allowed the backups and the backup backups to play. No disrespect to the teams but it’s difficult as a coach to tell a kid not to score when that’s what they have been trained to do. I also can’t tell a kid not to go hard when they don’t normally get in a game.

Some of the scores were due to heavily overmatched teams playing each other.
Is the problem the score or is it Newburg because other teams put up just as many points???
Overmatched teams is the issue not Newburgs score. When your defense and special teams put up 50+ points and offense gets three total series the whole game why can you complain. These kids are coached to play football the outcome is due to seeding.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Westport and JCTMS scores 62 and 63 respectfully. Both teams pulled starters at the half and allowed the backups and the backup backups to play. No disrespect to the teams but it’s difficult as a coach to tell a kid not to score when that’s what they have been trained to do. I also can’t tell a kid not to go hard when they don’t normally get in a game.

Some of the scores were due to heavily overmatched teams playing each other.

Agreed, thats why just looking at the score and commenting really isnt the smart thing to do....unless you were there.
I have never had a problem with teams scoring points, thats what the offense job is no matter who you play. I think when you get in a tournament like this, if you can't stop the opposing team from scoring 70, you maybe shouldn't have entered in the first place. Now Bring on Elkhorn!
The scores shouldn’t be that high in 1st round (game 2 for these teams) games. They are more evenly matched.

JCTMS Beat westport 26-8 earlier this year. Westport is young and should make a run for the 7th grade title game as most of their starters are 6/7th graders.
Meade and Newburg entered playoffs both undefeated.
Johnson traditional entered undefeated and strong.
Farnsley is the JCPS sleeper who could make a deep run with the talent on team.

Only play in round shocker was Meyzeek over Stuart.

I expected pretty good battles out of region 2 this weekend.
Big joke.
what is a big joke?
AngryMob Wrote:Newburg felt the need to score 72????

Sounds like the other team needs to learn to play some defense
Score a 100 if you can.
I still don't understand why it's considered unsportsmanlike to keep scoring.
It's a game. If the other team doesn't like it, get better and return the favor the next year.
BS whine about seeds or whatever but to score 72 in a middle school game u have to deliberately embarrass the opponent and that's weak I don't care what u guys say you ain't changin my mind but look at all the good reputation coaches in Ky and ask yourself how many of them would do it. Answer is 0. Big joke.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Score a 100 if you can.
I still don't understand why it's considered unsportsmanlike to keep scoring.
It's a game. If the other team doesn't like it, get better and return the favor the next year.

Im sure the other team wants to be bad and doesn't try so the reward for those kids who stick it out a full year anyways is to get their brains beat in. How senseless is that logic??? It's not a participation trophy it's respect for another community and kids!!!
AngryMob Wrote:Im sure the other team wants to be bad and doesn't try so the reward for those kids who stick it out a full year anyways is to get their brains beat in. How senseless is that logic??? It's not a participation trophy it's respect for another community and kids!!!

How are their "brains getting beat in?
Scoring a 100 instead of 70 is no more physically damaging. If a team struggles that bad then they should consider giving up the football program and focus on other avenues.
"Running up the Score" was a concept thought up by weak adults who didn't want their feelings getting hurt. It wasn't unsportsmanlike 70 year ago when score of 100 were common no should it be now. Kids have been programmed into that thinking.
AngryMob Wrote:BS whine about seeds or whatever but to score 72 in a middle school game u have to deliberately embarrass the opponent and that's weak I don't care what u guys say you ain't changin my mind but look at all the good reputation coaches in Ky and ask yourself how many of them would do it. Answer is 0. Big joke.
Good thing Bob Redman and Dale Mueller retired then.
You really can’t complain about seeds. Those were done off points for games won.

If you wanna complain about a low seed, ask your coach why you didn’t play more (or better) opponents or why they didn’t turn in the paperwork they knew would give them a boost. Some fans of teams have a lot of half truths being told by teams when if the coaches did what they could then they’d be a higher seed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How are their "brains getting beat in?
Scoring a 100 instead of 70 is no more physically damaging. If a team struggles that bad then they should consider giving up the football program and focus on other avenues.
"Running up the Score" was a concept thought up by weak adults who didn't want their feelings getting hurt. It wasn't unsportsmanlike 70 year ago when score of 100 were common no should it be now. Kids have been programmed into that thinking.

I like you but I think you're way off here... it has nothing to do with weak adults. If a team is blessed enough to be pretty good then they should be humble enough to not try to embarrass a team who isn't. Like I said it's not like those kids go out every day and choose to be bad they practice an put their time in. Adults justify scoring 70 by saying well get better at defense. No. Win by 40 and everyone will know you did fine and quit being a prick to try to show the kymsfa that you're mad at how good you are. JCTMS and Westport scoring 60 some is a little much but I've seen that. 72 is just ridiculous

Newburg if u wanna change anyone's mind post the game film on YouTube and show us proof your backups were running for scores or fumble recovery TDs with a big lead. If your best players are still in once it's past 50 (that's giving benefit) then you are a disappointment as a coach
AngryMob Wrote:I like you but I think you're way off here... it has nothing to do with weak adults. If a team is blessed enough to be pretty good then they should be humble enough to not try to embarrass a team who isn't. Like I said it's not like those kids go out every day and choose to be bad they practice an put their time in. Adults justify scoring 70 by saying well get better at defense. No. Win by 40 and everyone will know you did fine and quit being a prick to try to show the kymsfa that you're mad at how good you are. JCTMS and Westport scoring 60 some is a little much but I've seen that. 72 is just ridiculous

Newburg if u wanna change anyone's mind post the game film on YouTube and show us proof your backups were running for scores or fumble recovery TDs with a big lead. If your best players are still in once it's past 50 (that's giving benefit) then you are a disappointment as a coach
I agree with Runitupthegut in this one I have watched a lot of middle school games when a team gets a big lead they would have their team take a kne for 3 downs and punt or all schools have some players that not as good as others they can put in not to score
Sorry about that I meant to say I agree with angry mob too
If you sub down then you've done what you should've. It's not fair for second and third string kids to work hard all week then get told that they have to "take it easy" once they've gotten into the game. They earned the right to have some fun too.