Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be The First SEC Coach Fired?
The reign of SEC football dominance is long gone. There are dumpster fires all over the conference. LSU was just defeated in Death Valley by Troy State and sit at 3-2 on the season with one of those losses being a beat down at the hands of Mississippi State (7-37). Florida is struggling to survive games which is unacceptable in Gainsville, and they have multiple players charged with felonies to boot. Butch Jones and the Vols were just destroyed at home 41-0 by Georgia, and sit at 3-2 on the season with one of those wins being a squeaker at home (17-13) to winless UMASS. Gus Malzahn has seemingly righted the ship in Auburn the last two weeks, but we have seen him do that before only to see his ship take on water once again. His record at Auburn minus his magical 12-2 first season is 27-17. The fact that cross state rival the Crimson Tide are perennial national title contenders dont make things any easier in Auburn. His seat is obviously hot too.

So which coach will be the first kicked to the curb, and when do you think it will happen?
Butch Davis may not be around by the time Tennessee plays U.K. Orgeron may last rest of year at LSU, but no further. I think by time year is over you can add Bielema at Arkansas and Muschamp at South Carolina to list. Any chance Bobby Petrino gets any of those jobs? Other than Arkansas obviously.
Bama is the class of the SEC. They are a favorite to walk away with another National Title. The SEC as a whole is in a rebuilding year outside of Bama, UK, UGA & Auburn.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Van Hagar Wrote:Butch Davis may not be around by the time Tennessee plays U.K. Orgeron may last rest of year at LSU, but no further. I think by time year is over you can add Bielema at Arkansas and Muschamp at South Carolina to list. Any chance Bobby Petrino gets any of those jobs? Other than Arkansas obviously.

You are right. Bielema should be added to the list. His teams have been mediocre at best at Arkansas. He definitely hasn't been able to replicate the success he had at Wisconsin.
Stoops should be on the chopping block. They looked horrible yesterday. No way Western Michigan should take an SEC team to the last play of the game. He won't because UK get to play in the Toilet Bowl because playing and barely beating Direction University UK wilk get six cheap wins. Davis at Tennessee is gone for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Actually I think U.K. is going to get to at least 8 wins, honestly should beat Missouri, Ole Miss and Tennessee (yes Tennessee) at home, then should get one more win between Louisville, Miss. St., and Vandy. No chance at Georgia. I think yesterday was sort of predictable after last week, and don't forget we looked stinky against EKU most of the game, then came back the next week and dominated South Carolina on the road.
So who is Butch Davis at Tennessee? You guys crack me up. Talk about firing coaches and don't even know their names. It is Butch JONES folks
Jones Davis Smith Howard........

Confusednicker:
mantax Wrote:So who is Butch Davis at Tennessee? You guys crack me up. Talk about firing coaches and don't even know their names. It is Butch JONES folks

You're right, Davis is at Florida International now, about the level Jones will be at next year.
mantax Wrote:So who is Butch Davis at Tennessee? You guys crack me up. Talk about firing coaches and don't even know their names. It is Butch JONES folks

Are you the only one here who couldn't figure out that was a typo!!! Geez.
Jarons Wrote:Stoops should be on the chopping block. They looked horrible yesterday. No way Western Michigan should take an SEC team to the last play of the game. He won't because UK get to play in the Toilet Bowl because playing and barely beating Direction University UK wilk get six cheap wins. Davis at Tennessee is gone for sure.

You could not have said it any better.
Bobby Petrino becomes the head coach of Rocky Flop.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I will say Mr. Life Coach Butch Jones.
I don't see how it isn't Butch Jones
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think with today's loss to South Carolina, Butch Jones is still leading the way. Florida's loss to Texas A&M has to be making McElwain's seat warm as well.
I don't think Butch Jones will be fired before the Bama game. If they did, that would be setting their new coach up for a beat down right out of the gates.
Next week's game is going to be a blood bath!
Jones should be the first.
I hope tennessee keeps him.
Butch Jones will more than likely be fired after the UK game. They know they're not beating Alabama. Kentucky is a different situation.

Loosing to UK (and it is happening) will be when Butch Jones gets fired. Maybe before they get back to Knoxville.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Westside Wrote:I don't think Butch Jones will be fired before the Bama game. If they did, that would be setting their new coach up for a beat down right out of the gates.

That's a great point. It's not impossible to think they won't just let him finish out the season, then try to start completely over, because they don't have enough offensive talent to beat hardly anybody that can play at all, the little jolt they might get from a mid season coaching change wouldn't solve that.
I still say it is Butch Jones.