Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's next part 2
FLYNN,BHARARA,HARVEY,WALSH,COMEY,PREIBUS,DUBKE,
SHAUB,SCARAMUCCI,SPICER,SHORT,BANNON,GORKA AND
PRICE WHO'S NEXT
How would you Trump Fans rate Donald's hiring so far ?
Good
Fair
Poor

MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Very Poor :popcorn:
Where are the Excellent and Very Good options? It depends on what baseline you want to use.

Compared to George H.W. Bush or Ronald Wilson Reagan, I would rate Trump's hiring as Fair.

Compared to Barack Hussein Obama's record for hiring, Trump has earned an Excellent rating. The guys who Trump has fired would have been stellar employees in the Obama administration. Obama hired corrupt people to work his scams and stuck with them to the bitter end.

When Trump has made bad hires, he has admitted his mistakes and wasted no time in correcting those mistakes.

I don't know why anybody would support a president who set a low bar and then refused to hold people accountable for poor performance. That is what distinguished the Obama administration from every other administration that has served during my lifetime. Even Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter ran more ethical, competent administrations than Obama did. Obama set a very dangerous precedent and I am glad that Trump has broken that mold.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Where are the Excellent and Very Good options? It depends on what baseline you want to use.

Compared to George H.W. Bush or Ronald Wilson Reagan, I would rate Trump's hiring as Fair.

Compared to Barack Hussein Obama's record for hiring, Trump has earned an Excellent rating. The guys who Trump has fired would have been stellar employees in the Obama administration. Obama hired corrupt people to work his scams and stuck with them to the bitter end.

When Trump has made bad hires, he has admitted his mistakes and wasted no time in correcting those mistakes.

I don't know why anybody would support a president who set a low bar and then refused to hold people accountable for poor performance. That is what distinguished the Obama administration from every other administration that has served during my lifetime. Even Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter ran more ethical, competent administrations than Obama did. Obama set a very dangerous precedent and I am glad that Trump has broken that mold.

You got what you wanted under Donald that $700 billion dollar check for the upcoming year job security

MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN
vector Wrote:You got what you wanted under Donald that $700 billion dollar check for the upcoming year job security

MOST HONEST PRESIDENT SINCE REAGAN
So, you are not just strongly opposed to Trump, but also against a strong American military? Did you kneel for any of the NFL games today?
Simply for accuracy, it needs to be pointed out that Colin Kapernick's protest was specifically in relation to violence by police against people of color. I would think that held true until President Trump sought to "wedge issue" the heck out of a very specific protest.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Simply for accuracy, it needs to be pointed out that Colin Kapernick's protest was specifically in relation to violence by police against people of color. I would think that held true until President Trump sought to "wedge issue" the heck out of a very specific protest.
Simply for accuracy, it needs to be pointed out that your assertion is not true.

Quote:I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color, - Colin Kapernick

That certainly sounds like a protest against the American flag and the country that it represents. Colin Kapernick is a racist, America hater and his hatred of this country and the hatred of those who support him predate Trump's presidency.
One of my neighbors, who is from South America, has worked in the State Department since the Nixon administration. He said that the people who Hillary Clinton brought into the agency were the rudest, most condescending people that he has ever had to work with. He said that the improvements under the Trump administration have made his working environment much more positive.

The premise of the OP that the turnover rate in top positions in the Trump administration is an indicator of corruption or incompetence is a misleading one. The fact that incompetent, corrupt cabinet members like Holder, Hillary, and Lynch were able to serve Obama as long as they wanted to serve demonstrates the corruption and lack of accountability of the Obama administration.

Trump has hired much more competent and ethical people to lead his administration, but he has also held his staff accountable for their job performance. That is what good managers are supposed to do.
Note: I would invite anyone to go view Colin Kapernick's statements regarding his protest, for the sake of accuracy.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Note: I would invite anyone to go view Colin Kapernick's statements regarding his protest, for the sake of accuracy.
I would encourage everybody to do the same. The man is a rabid anti-American who hates cops, the American flag, and apple pie.

Please note Colin Kapernick's response to a reporter's question after his initial protest. Kapernick may dislike apple pie, but if he does, it has little to do with hatred of America. The protest of injustice (and we can disagree on whether injustice is present) is the right of any and every American. To refuse to stand for the national anthem as an act of protest may, in fact, demonstrate the highest regard for America's commitment to "establish justice." Soldiers do not fight for a piece of cloth: they fight for the ideals of "liberty and justice for ALL." As MLK Jr. correctly argued, to break an unjust law, and to willingly suffer the consequence of that unjust law in order to highlight the injustice of that law, is to actually show the highest respect for the law.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:
Please note Colin Kapernick's response to a reporter's question after his initial protest. Kapernick may dislike apple pie, but if he does, it has little to do with hatred of America. The protest of injustice (and we can disagree on whether injustice is present) is the right of any and every American. To refuse to stand for the national anthem as an act of protest may, in fact, demonstrate the highest regard for America's commitment to "establish justice." Soldiers do not fight for a piece of cloth: they fight for the ideals of "liberty and justice for ALL." As MLK Jr. correctly argued, to break an unjust law, and to willingly suffer the consequence of that unjust law in order to highlight the injustice of that law, is to actually show the highest respect for the law.
Employees have no right to engage in political protest while on the company clock. None. The NFL has the right to allow such protests if they want, but unless individual players have negotiated such a right into their contracts, then they have only the free speech rights that their employer deems acceptable.

Stop pretending that Kaepernick and his America-hating supporters in the NFL are exercising a First Amendment right by disrespecting their own flag and country on national TV and on foreign soil. The are doing no such thing.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nal-anthem

Excerpt:

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- [U]San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has willingly immersed himself into controversy by refusing to stand for the playing of the national anthem in protest of what he deems are wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States.
His latest refusal to stand for the anthem -- he has done this in at least one other preseason game -- came before the 49ers' preseason loss to Green Bay at Levi's Stadium on Friday night.
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.
[/U]

Everyone has a right to freedom of speech and the right to protest. I appreciate when protests are chosen to be non-violent.

That said, the very country that is affording this right is represented by flag and the National Anthem.

Consequently, he is protesting the very thing that is giving him this right.

Find another platform.

Better yet, move out of the country.
By refusing to stand he is protesting substance ("liberty and justice for all") via the vehicle of the symbol. "Love it or leave it"?
Are you serious? And, Hoot, the NFL's recognition of its employees right to protest ought to be lauded, not condemned. I do not see the NFL as siding with the protester's opinion, or even chosen vehicle, but simply honoring something basic and fundamental in America.
I couldn't be any more serious.

As far as something basic and fundamental in America is concerned, we are all afforded that. His choice of a platform is wrong. Let him go kneel in a Walmart parking lot.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:By refusing to stand he is protesting substance ("liberty and justice for all") via the vehicle of the symbol. "Love it or leave it"?
Are you serious? And, Hoot, the NFL's recognition of its employees right to protest ought to be lauded, not condemned. I do not see the NFL as siding with the protester's opinion, or even chosen vehicle, but simply honoring something basic and fundamental in America.
There is nothing honorable about hating cops, the American flag, or this great country in which we live. Again, just to be clear, the NFL players have no constitutional right to protest anything while on the job. The NFL, through its inaction, is allowing them to do so.

The NFL, by caving to its America-hating employees, is exercising its First Amendment right, but in this case - the players have no such right. The NFL could adopt a policy tomorrow to fine and or suspend players for offending its paying customers and the players would have no defense if they persisted in their bad behavior.
⬆ Why is his choice of platform "wrong"? Because it offends the majority? That's a slippery slope, and, historically, a horrendously slippery one. Again, the NFL should be lauded because to allow individual protest, as long as non-violent, is quintessentially American in spirit.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆ Why is his choice of platform "wrong"? Because it offends the majority? That's a slippery slope, and, historically, a horrendously slippery one. Again, the NFL should be lauded because to allow individual protest, as long as non-violent, is quintessentially American in spirit.
People tune in to watch football games to watch football. If the NFL wants to forfeit a large chunk of their profits to allow their franchises to be associated with anti-American protests, then they have that right. The league also has no right to escape the consequences of its decision. Most Americans do not hate police officers, the American flag, or this country, and many of us will consciously avoid watching sports teams played by highly compensated employees who do hate our law enforcement officers, flag, and country.

Ironically, by cutting into the NFL profits, players will be directly cutting the money available for future player contracts because player contracts are financed through a revenue sharing clause in their contract with the NFL.

Does Marshawn Lynch hate police officers and this country? To believe (even if mistaken) that police violence is perpetrated more upon dark-skinned people than is merited? How is that to hate America and police officers?
To believe America has more work to do in achieving "liberty and justice for all," and to protest via symbol, how is that hatred for America?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:
Does Marshawn Lynch hate police officers and this country? To believe (even if mistaken) that police violence is perpetrated more upon dark-skinned people than is merited? How is that to hate America and police officers?
To believe America has more work to do in achieving "liberty and justice for all," and to protest via symbol, how is that hatred for America?
I am not going to spend my day repeating myself and explaining the obvious to you. We get it. You have no problem with people disrespecting the flag and their country during the national anthem. That is a deeper problem than I am capable of solving for you.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not going to spend my day repeating myself and explaining the obvious to you. We get it. You have no problem with people disrespecting the flag and their country during the national anthem. That is a deeper problem than I am capable of solving for you.

How convenient.

Let Ms. Coulter speak at Berkeley. Let the Klan rally in Charlottesville. Let Black Lives Matter protest in St. Louis. Let NFL players kneel in a stadium.

This is America. Toughen the skin, turn down the "I'm so offended," let folks say as they see. Let debate rage as the different points of view are offered. Let voters go the polls. Let winners crow and the defeated bemoan. This is America. It's messy and loud and boisterous. And glorious.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:How convenient.

Let Ms. Coulter speak at Berkeley. Let the Klan rally in Charlottesville. Let Black Lives Matter protest in St. Louis. Let NFL players kneel in a stadium.

This is America. Toughen the skin, turn down the "I'm so offended," let folks say as they see. Let debate rage as the different points of view are offered. Let voters go the polls. Let winners crow and the defeated bemoan. This is America. It's messy and loud and boisterous. And glorious.
You have every right to hate cops, our flag, and our nation. You don't have the right to protest on company time unless the company decides to allow you to do so. The NFL has that right and patriotic fans have the right to switch channels and burn their NFL jerseys in protest. These are pretty simple facts of life and constitutional law. I get it. Why don't you?

BTW, this entire discussion about low-life, American-hating NFL players is off topic. This is my last post on the subject in this thread.
To protest is not to hate America. This reasoning is both dangerous and patently false. The previous post was Hoot Gibson's last post on this thread. He has shut his lap top and gone home.
No one on this thread has said that protesting is the same as hating America.

Also, your last statement is not only personal but is close to being considered under the new Zero Tolerance Policy. If you haven't read that post, I suggest you do so.
Hoot Gibson Wrote: I am not going to spend my day repeating myself and explaining the obvious to you. We get it. You have no problem with people disrespecting the flag and their country during the national anthem. That is a deeper problem than I am capable of solving for you.

My sentiment exactly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As I stated in the other thread, the first course of action has already happened.
Owners and the PA are begging players to strand now due to the boycott. Make no mistake, 99.9% of players like their paychecks more than their "protest"
Granny Bear Wrote:No one on this thread has said that protesting is the same as hating America.

Also, your last statement is not only personal but is close to being considered under the new Zero Tolerance Policy. If you haven't read that post, I suggest you do so.

I read it. It is good to read that “protesting is not the same as hating America.” Let us hope that posters will be more clear so as to not create the impression that it is. The Constitution has zero tolerance for such.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As I stated in the other thread, the first course of action has already happened.
Owners and the PA are begging players to strand now due to the boycott. Make no mistake, 99.9% of players like their paychecks more than their "protest"

“We pay your salary. You will do as we say when it comes to this issue.”

This is oddly American circa 2017, and perhaps always. The power of the purse trumps all. Freedom. God. You name it.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:How convenient.

This theory only works properly if respected by both liberals and conservatives. We both know that isn't working. You've but to look at the sleeping pods brought into the work place the day after Trump was chosen President and the therapists that were also brought in. Snowflakes, cowering at the fact that they don't get what they want this time.

It would be funny if wasn't so sickening. Everyone has the right to do whatever.........as long as it doesn't offend the libs.
We pay your salary. You will do as we say when it comes to this issue.

As it should be...

The owners have every right to say, "I paid for this place of business and you are on my time clock".

Protest on your own time and in your own location that you are either paying the rent on or have bought with your own money and are personally standing liable for it's success/failure.

But those who have never worked in the free market place or who have never been responsible for a bottom line have real difficulties in grasping that "the world doesn't owe you anything" reality.