Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman Could Face Charges Saving Child From Burning Truck
An Idaho woman who acted as a good Samaritan when a child was stuck inside a burning truck could face charges - all over a fire extinguisher.

On Sunday, a pickup truck parked at a rest stop in Snoqualmie Pass, Washington burst into flames with a child inside. The boy’s parents worked to get him out as another man called 911. Truck driver Tequila Isaacson was parked nearby and witnessed the chaotic scene. “We turned around and the whole vehicle was on fire,” she told our affiliate KOMO news. “There were flames shooting between the cab and the bed of the truck - taller than the truck.”

She jumped into action and frantically searched for a fire extinguisher. She spotted one behind the locked door of Red Mountain Coffee. Rather than risk letting the boy burn alive inside the truck, she made a quick decision to break the store's window.

“I ran back around from where the glass door was and I pulled a post out of the bed of my truck and hit the door to get to the fire extinguisher,” she said.

When first responders arrived, the 34-year-old told them that she broke the glass door of the coffee shop to get the extinguisher. Instead of praising her for jumping in to help, the Washington State Patrol Trooper told her that using a fire extinguisher without permission is theft and she would need to pay to replace the glass door or she would charge her with burglary.

“He was telling me that using a fire extinguisher that doesn’t belong to me is theft and you’re not allowed to steal it, no matter how good your intentions,” she said. “He out right stated that unless I was willing to pay for it right then and there, he would be charging me with burglary."

She said her biggest fear was that the truck would explode before emergency crews arrived.

“Talk about no good deed goes unpunished,” she said.

The Washington State Patrol told KOMO news that their trooper did talk to Isaacson about who would be responsible and the consequences. They said so far, no charges have been filed and they are reviewing the way the case was handled by their trooper. The Trooper's office added that they are grateful for Isaacson’s courage and effort to help save the child.

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/09/28/n...ning-truck