Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 KYMSFA Championship Brackets
Dang fat fingers....not wishing but inside Region 3
Wienerschnitzel Wrote:Is it that or is it they are just that good. I think it's probably a little of both?!?!

I hope so!!!

Wienerschnitzel Wrote:Bondurant is the best team BCMS has played.

I just saw that so they are a 3 seed. If Boyle runs through the state tourney like they did their schedule then it will be crazy. They have a very good team with lots of athletes just want to see how they answer the call in a tight game, with that being said if they have to play field position they will win that with a kid that could be kicking for any highschool team right now.
Wienerschnitzel Wrote:Got this from a friend, I'm sure it's pretty accurate:

2017 BCMS Football Schedule/Results

vs Rockcastle Co MS
BCMS - 48
RCMS - 8

vs Marion Co MS
BCMS - 49
MCMS - 6

vs LexCath MS
BCMS - 47
LCMS - 8

vs Anderson Co MS
BCMS - 57
ACMS - 0

vs Bondurant MS
BCMS - 48
BMS - 24

vs Lincoln Co MS
BCMS - 66
LCMS - 8

vs Mercer Co MS
BCMS - 52
MCMS - 14

Still got Danville, E Jessamine and W Jessamine left on schedule plus Salt River Conference semis/finals.

From what I understand they are really good on both sides of the ball. Skill kids are exceptional and OL/DL is as good. He said they may be as good as the 2020 class was a couple years back that had several start in HS as Freshmen and about 10 or so start this year as sophomores for the Rebels.

They are going to be a handful in this tourney.

Not sure how the 2020 thing was brought about its kinda irrelevant because they didn't even participate in the past, but do you think that Boyle can beat TK Stone and Corbin
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Not sure how the 2020 thing was brought about its kinda irrelevant because they didn't even participate in the past, but do you think that Boyle can beat TK Stone and Corbin

They have the athletes to beat both. Will they? Hopefully we get to see.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Not sure how the 2020 thing was brought about its kinda irrelevant because they didn't even participate in the past, but do you think that Boyle can beat TK Stone and Corbin

Of course they can. Will they? Who knows?!?! Lots of factors go into that but I know I wouldn't trade teams with anyone in the tourney. But honestly, we've beaten everyone so badly it may have the team thinking they're unbeatable which obviously isn't the case. They need to come out and make it happen. Time will tell. I'm just glad they're going to have some good competition before they get to high school (when it counts).

The 2020 thing was brought in because most everyone on here knows that class for Boyle was loaded and would have contended for the D2 title. The coach decided not to participate. I was just giving some people a reference point.
Hazard just beat Belfry.
Wienerschnitzel Wrote:Bondurant is the best team BCMS has played.

I'm a Bondurant. I wonder how that school got it's name every time I go to Frankfort.
Great job with bracketing !! Props to KYMSFA !!!
I have witnessed Boyle Play, as well as seen other teams in this tournament and I can say that Boyle will not make it to the final four. The conference is really down this year, and Boyle has not played anyone worthy of talking about. LC beat Mercer while having an off day. I am not saying this Boyle team has no talent, but to compare them to that 2020 class is absurd. The kicker for Boyle is exceptional, but if Boyle and LC played again I would feel very good about our chances even on a down year for us because Boyle to me was a 1 dimensional team with gadget play calling. If things get touch they can't do anything but turn around and hand the ball off. I want to see what they can actually do if they have to tackle a capable running back.

Corbin has to be the favorite followed by TK Stone and Barret. If I were betting I would say Clark Moores or Taylor comes out of Region 2
LCKnight33 Wrote:I have witnessed Boyle Play, as well as seen other teams in this tournament and I can say that Boyle will not make it to the final four. The conference is really down this year, and Boyle has not played anyone worthy of talking about. LC beat Mercer while having an off day. I am not saying this Boyle team has no talent, but to compare them to that 2020 class is absurd. The kicker for Boyle is exceptional, but if Boyle and LC played again I would feel very good about our chances even on a down year for us because Boyle to me was a 1 dimensional team with gadget play calling. If things get touch they can't do anything but turn around and hand the ball off. I want to see what they can actually do if they have to tackle a capable running back.

Corbin has to be the favorite followed by TK Stone and Barret. If I were betting I would say Clark Moores or Taylor comes out of Region 2

We scored 40 points on you in the first half and you think you'd have a chance to beat us if we played again? 😳🙄😂

Gadget play calling? A LexCath fan calling Boyle "gadget play calling"?!?! That has to be the most ironic thing ever posted in this forum (which says a lot). You guys wrote the book on it. 😂

Our conference might very well be down but that means we don't deserve respect? You beat our 4th place team in the last minute and we stomped a mud hole in you just like two years ago. Fwiw I think I am infinitely more qualified to compare BC 2020 and 2022 than you are...seeing as that I see them play often.

Good luck in the tourney.
Wienerschnitzel Wrote:We scored 40 points on you in the first half and you think you'd have a chance to beat us if we played again? ������

Gadget play calling? A LexCath fan calling Boyle "gadget play calling"?!?! That has to be the most ironic thing ever posted in this forum (which says a lot). You guys wrote the book on it. ��

Our conference might very well be down but that means we don't deserve respect? You beat our 4th place team in the last minute and we stomped a mud hole in you just like two years ago. Fwiw I think I am infinitely more qualified to compare BC 2020 and 2022 than you are...seeing as that I see them play often.

Good luck in the tourney.

We have our hands full, as I said we are having a down year and we still would be first or second place in the salt river conference. I would still take my chances against Boyle again, we were not 100% healthy and we were able to exploit the defense in the second half. Problem is we killed ourselves to start the game. You jumped up early on self inflicted turn overs or thats a 1 score game in one direction or the other. I will take Taylor County region 2, and you are lucky you have a cupcake of a region or you wouldn't make it two rounds.

From what I have seen on film since the time we last played, I notice a lot of trick plays which is why I call it a gadget offense. The defense is soft, and the offensive play calling is amateur. Like I said when things get hairy you turn the ball and hand it to a running back which is what all poorly coached teams do at this level. There is no adjustments just put the ball in belly of the best athlete on the team and hope he can do it himself.
LCKnight33 Wrote:We have our hands full, as I said we are having a down year and we still would be first or second place in the salt river conference. I would still take my chances against Boyle again, we were not 100% healthy and we were able to exploit the defense in the second half. Problem is we killed ourselves to start the game. You jumped up early on self inflicted turn overs or thats a 1 score game in one direction or the other. I will take Taylor County region 2, and you are lucky you have a cupcake of a region or you wouldn't make it two rounds.

From what I have seen on film since the time we last played, I notice a lot of trick plays which is why I call it a gadget offense. The defense is soft, and the offensive play calling is amateur. Like I said when things get hairy you turn the ball and hand it to a running back which is what all poorly coached teams do at this level. There is no adjustments just put the ball in belly of the best athlete on the team and hope he can do it himself.

You were never in the game. When a team hangs 40 on their "rival" in the first half and there is a running clock do you not think there is a natural let down by the team in the lead? Your passing offense was a joke and you were completely overmatched in every aspect of the game...you would NOT be first of second in our conference. For you to tell me that shows you are FOS. Your QB was running for his life all game and your ONE LINEMAN that was hurt would have made no difference. See what you get to look forward to for the next four years?

Our kids are so much better than everyone we've played that the "trick plays" are to mix things up and let them have fun.

LexCath players had pretty much quit by halftime because they were tired of getting hit. When we are focused we will be hard to beat.

Who knows how well we'll do in this tourney?!?! I like our chances. You like Taylor over us. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.